Default questions that I just asked Behringer

I'm not a pro audio engineer. I'm a guitar player with a small, home
recording rig.

I just used Behringer's support form to ask the questions below. Then I
thought that I'd post them here to see if anyone might respond. I may
not get a response from Behringer. I want to have the advantages that a
"finalizer," of some sort, offers. Monetarily, TC Electronics is not an
option.

-

here's what I asked

3 important, (to me), questions

(from Behinger's site)
"The DSP9024 Ultra-Dyne Pro offers snip an integrated delay for
³look-ahead² parameter adjustment snip loudness maximization"

1) Does the ULTRACURVE PRO DEQ2496 offer "integrated delay for
'look-ahead' parameter adjustment?"

2) Will the DEQ2496 do "loudness maximization?"

3) Can a s/pdif adapter cable be made to go from the DEQ2496's XLR out
to my sound card's rca in?

Thank you for your time.
Tony
Memphis, TN, US

end

TIA for any responses.
Len Moskowitz

Arny Krueger wrote:

Depends on the sound card. Four that do have digital inputs that will synch
on a 24/96 signal and produce bit-perfect results:

(1) LynxTWO (has AES/EBU inputs)
(2) Card Deluxe (has an AES/EBU I/O accessory)
(3) Delta 1010
(4) Delta 66

The Audiophile 2496 will too.

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912

Thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions.

Still no reply from Behringer, but I'm not surprised, million dollar
companies don't give a %@*&.

I guess that I could use the analog outs on the DSP9024 Ultra-Dyne Pro
to go into my sound card.

I'm using an ancient rig.
Quadra 840AV, OS 7.5.1, AM II card, Protools free, 3.4
The only thing that I use my Quadra for is for the final mix, to make
..AIF files to burn to CD.

I record my guitar tracks with a Vestax HDR6, and I have 3 sound modules
for midi tracks. Opcodes Vision for sequencing on a Mac 6500. Vision
syncs nicely to the HDR6. The audio outs of the HDR6 and the sound
modules run through a Mackie 1202 mixer and into the AM II card.

Just recently the AM II card, (I think the AM II card is the problem),
started creating alot of pops and crackles in my .aif final mixes, even
though I cut the signal level going into the AM II way low. I've
downloaded DigiTest_2.1.1 I'm going to run it tomorrow to see what it
does. I'm thinking that it's supposed to tell me if the AM II card is
malfunctioning.

Here's a little example of what I do with my rig.

http://home.wnm.net/~marsh/summertime.html

a 2 meg mp3 file

Thanks again.
Tony

jazzman

PIF -

I care and I've been trying to reach you since I saw your post, but this is
not a valid address. Please reply via email and I'll be glad to answer any
questions you've got.

Jim

The following addresses had delivery problems:

Permanent Failu Bad destination system address

Delivery last attempted at Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:52:15 -0000

news