Sturdy mic cable ?

Old March 3rd 19, 05:47 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Sturdy mic cable ?

Anybody know if Roger Daltry used/uses any special kind of mic cable ?

Old March 3rd 19, 07:00 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Dr2

On 3/2/2019 9:47 PM, geoff wrote:
> Anybody know if Roger Daltry used/uses any special kind of mic cable ?
>
> geoff

Only one observation... he used an XLR cable...not XR.

Old March 3rd 19, 04:40 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

A guess would be Belden 8402. One could tow a car with that.
Old March 4th 19, 09:26 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah

On 3/2/19 8:47 PM, geoff wrote:
> Anybody know if Roger Daltry used/uses any special kind of mic cable ?
>
> geoff

Was he into swinging his mic around by the cable or something?

Old March 4th 19, 10:51 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 5/03/2019 9:26 AM, Tobiah wrote:
> On 3/2/19 8:47 PM, geoff wrote:
>> Anybody know if Roger Daltry used/uses any special kind of mic cable ?
>>
>> geoff

> Was he into swinging his mic around by the cable or something?

His trademark stunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY_hJCYuZ90

Old March 6th 19, 05:36 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

wrote:

> A guess would be Belden 8402. One could tow a car with that.

** Hardly likely that ANY twisted pair mic cable would simply break apart because of a bit of centrifugal force. MUCH more likely that the cable's terminations would detach from the XLR plug or the plug from the mic.

FYI:

A hire business I dealt with in the late 1970s had a performer unexpectedly emulate Mr Daltry's feat one evening with a SM58. The mic detached, disappeared into the audience and was never seen again.

The band refused to compensate them for the lost mic saying the cable must have been faulty and in any case, someone from the venue stole the mic.

Hmmmmm....

..... Phil

Old March 6th 19, 02:52 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Mic coming loose. And that’s why one sees six feet of stage tape around the mic and cable. I worked with an act that did a bit less energetic swings, used Shure SM57s and tightened those little setscrews. Would not come off.