Musical Fidelity X10-D

Old February 26th 19, 12:18 AM posted to rec.audio.high-end
Trevor Wilson[_3_]

Default Musical Fidelity X10-D

On 1/08/2018 11:30 pm, wrote:
> On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 5:04:52 AM UTC-7, wrote:
>> On Friday, 2 May 1997 08:00:00 UTC+1, Martin van den Berge wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Anybody out there using the Musical Fidelity X10-D? If so I'm really
>>> curious about your experiences. Like, what kind of CD-player are you
>>> using it with and which cables are you using.
>>>
>>> I'm using the X10-D with a Denon DCD800, and I can't live another day
>>> without it. As you can read in another message I'm looking for a new
>>> CD-player, so that's also the reason why I'm looking forward to
>>> reading other peoples experience with this genious piece of equipment.
>>> And again bad experiences are welcome as well!!
>>>
>>> Bye,
>>>
>>> Martin van den Berge
>>>

>> I bought an XD-10 back in the late 90's and tried it for a few weeks with an Audio Alchemy CD player. To be honest it didn't improve things one jot and it was duly consigned to the loft. Fast forward twenty years and my system is totally different. I've reinstalled my 1993 Rotel 965BX as my main player, having once again fallen in love with this vintage CD player. Just for the hell of it I dusted off the XD-10 and hooked it up. WOW! The sound is that of a really high end system. The Rotel was always a bit naff on the bass front, but not anymore. For me the pairing of the XD-10 and the Rotel 965BX are a marriage made in heaven. Hope this helps anyone who's dithering.

> Any experience upgrading the wallwart PSU?

**Lipstick on a pig. The X-10D is a con-job.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

---

Old February 26th 19, 07:21 PM posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck[_2_]

On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 6:18:47 PM UTC-5, Trevor Wilson wrote:

> **Lipstick on a pig. The X-10D is a con-job.

You are being far to kind!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Old February 26th 19, 08:39 PM posted to rec.audio.high-end
Trevor Wilson[_3_]

On 27/02/2019 5:21 am, Peter Wieck wrote:
> On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 6:18:47 PM UTC-5, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>

>> **Lipstick on a pig. The X-10D is a con-job.

> You are being far to kind!

**Indeed. Like many Musical Fidelity products, the X-10D was designed as
a solution for a non-existent problem. Like most MF products, the
engineering qualities were seriously deficient. That said, MF are not
alone in this area. I recently worked on a Moon product and was
horrified at the poor attention paid by the assembler to thermal
coupling. Mind you, some MF products are far worse in this area.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

---