Howard Ferstler

Default Ferstler Readies and Article

Hey, Group,

Sorry about this, but I have to submit one more posting
before signing off for a while. It's the fair thing to do.

As you know, after being away for months I decided to drop
back in and see if things were as crazy as before. Almost
immediately, I stumbled upon a thread where people were
discussing ME (who had left months ago, remember), with most
of the discussion involving some pretty negative comments
about my past behavior on RAO, including my lack of
integrity, etc. Who knows how many other Ferstler bashings
had occurred over the past few months? (I am sure that some
of you obsessive types will have the answer to that question
right at hand.)

More remarkably, as I scoped other RAO threads I discovered
that the dysfunctional individuals I had encountered in the
past were still swapping insults and accusations. Even more
weird, those assorted insults and accusations had not
changed one iota. The same claptrap as ever. It was as if I
had only left for a day.

This situation caused me to do some additional snooping.
Over the past week I have been scoping various "discussions"
on RAO, and I cannot let this wonderful opportunity pass.
Yep, I am going to WRITE ANOTHER ARTICLE about the audio
newsgroup scene. I did it before, as some of you no doubt
remember (that piece appeared in the Audiophile Voice, and I
still treasure memories of the consternation that resulted),
and now I am going to do it again. You people deserve
another article.

Unlike the earlier essay, this one will also analyze the
decline of high-end audio in general, which is directly
related to the behavior and attitudes of many of the people
who populate this newsgroup. Yep, your small-scale statures
notwithstanding, you misfits exemplify the destructive,
lunatic-fringe branch of high-end audio. My analysis will
show how a combination of foolishness and perfidy can wreck
things.

Wish me luck. The article is already about 1/3 written. It
is easy work, thanks to you clowns.

Howard Ferstler
Sander deWaal

This message was both e-mailed and posted to RAO.

Howard Ferstler said:

Hey, Group,

Hi Howie, welcome back!

As you know, after being away for months I decided to drop
back in and see if things were as crazy as before. Almost
immediately, I stumbled upon a thread where people were
discussing ME (who had left months ago, remember), with most
of the discussion involving some pretty negative comments
about my past behavior on RAO, including my lack of
integrity, etc. Who knows how many other Ferstler bashings
had occurred over the past few months? (I am sure that some
of you obsessive types will have the answer to that question
right at hand.)

There are actually people building shrines in your name.
You're a hero, Howie. At least in your own mind, note.

Wish me luck. The article is already about 1/3 written. It
is easy work, thanks to you clowns.

Good luck, Howie. You are familiar with ctrl-C and ctrl-V, I suppose?
Let us now when it's finished and where to read it.

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."
Bruce J. Richman

The Devil wrote:

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 23:07:38 +0200, Sander deWaal
wrote:

Good luck, Howie. You are familiar with ctrl-C and ctrl-V, I suppose?

ROTFL!

--
td

Do they have anything to do with the Recycle Bin? Or viruses?

Bruce J. Richman

Lionel

Howard Ferstler a écrit :

Unlike the earlier essay, this one will also analyze the
decline of high-end audio in general, which is directly
related to the behavior and attitudes of many of the people
who populate this newsgroup.

You will make an ass of yourself... one more time.
You will take as a cause what is *perhaps* a consequence.

But if you think that it could have effective cathartic consequences,
don't hesit anymore, DO IT SOON !
Howard Ferstler

Howard Ferstler wrote:

Hey, Group,

Sorry about this, but I have to submit one more posting
before signing off for a while.......

Howard Ferstler

Oops. The title of the post should have read Ferstler
Readies "an" Article.

Incidentally, I see that the post got responses from four
different people in less than forty minutes.

You clowns must just sit there in front of your computer
screens, scoping for Ferstler-supplied posts. What DID you
guys do while I was gone? Get a life you people.

Man, is this new article I am doing going to be a beaut.
Now, where in the hell did I put my wrecking ball?

Howard Ferstler

Robert Morein

news:lm3lh0pgeics76l7qk02bonlknddmbguoq@rdmzrnewst xt.nz...
wrote:

Good luck, Howie. You are familiar with ctrl-C and ctrl-V, I suppose?

ROTFL!

--
td

Howie, I bid you a CTRL-X and then a CTRL-V where the sun don't shine.

Sander deWaal

Howard Ferstler , Professional Audio Clown, said:

Oops. The title of the post should have read Ferstler
Readies "an" Article.

Ferstler Readings: An Article?
Ferstler Reads An Article?
Ferstler Plagiarizes An Article?

My God man, say what you mean!

Incidentally, I see that the post got responses from four
different people in less than forty minutes.

I see you paid your ISP fees again this month, note.

You clowns must just sit there in front of your computer
screens, scoping for Ferstler-supplied posts. What DID you
guys do while I was gone? Get a life you people.

Dont you see Howie, we NEED you here!
Please cut&paste another article on us, will you?

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."
Sander deWaal

Paul Dormer said:

[Note: Only Plonkterton exceeds
Fester in aesthetic blindedness.. enshrining himself in bakelite,..........

What's wrong with Bakelite?
I happen to have an ever larger growing collection of Bakelite radios
and speakers, and it's a pleasure to watch those every time.

I hate Rolexes, BTW. The one I got for $9.99 at the airport, stopped
working the next day.And the kind Sikh that offered them said they
were genuine!

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."
Bruce J. Richman

Sander deWaal wrote:

Paul Dormer said:

[Note: Only Plonkterton exceeds
Fester in aesthetic blindedness.. enshrining himself in bakelite,..........

What's wrong with Bakelite?
I happen to have an ever larger growing collection of Bakelite radios
and speakers, and it's a pleasure to watch those every time.

I hate Rolexes, BTW. The one I got for $9.99 at the airport, stopped
working the next day.And the kind Sikh that offered them said they
were genuine!

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."

Was that Sikh from Chicago, by any chance?

Just be careful if you buy speakers over the Internet.

Bruce J. Richman

Bruce J. Richman

The Devil wrote:

On 11 Aug 2004 22:34:02 GMT, (Bruce J. Richman)
wrote:

I won't. Nor will I mention a hard drive either.

Not unless it's a backdoor application.

--
td

LOL !

Bruce J. Richman

Marc Phillips

Howard said:

As you know, after being away for months I decided to drop
back in and see if things were as crazy as before. Almost
immediately, I stumbled upon a thread where people were
discussing ME

That's because you lurk here constantly. The only reason this is the first
time you've popped in in months is because this is the first time anyone has
mentioned you in months.

Boon
Bad Penny

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message

Man, is this new article I am doing going to be a beaut.
Now, where in the hell did I put my wrecking ball?

Not to worry. I found it.

MINe 109

In article ,
"Bad Penny" wrote:

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message

Man, is this new article I am doing going to be a beaut.
Now, where in the hell did I put my wrecking ball?

Not to worry. I found it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1451378 1&rd=
1

And it makes sounds, thus on-topic!

Stephen

Bad Penny

[...]

WOW!!!
I can't wait till your article about RAO is published in some print
media, say The Sensible Sound, because then we can respond to TSS;
in print, as to 'your' activites here on RAO, and about
'your' biases against certain people here on RAO concerning
your pique at their having exposed 'your' history of plagaisrism.

I can't wait to read our responses in TSS, outlining
examples of your plagaiarism, there, in print,
for the entire audio community to read.

Looks like we got out own wrecking ball, and it is
squarely aimed at your writing career, as it were.

Bruce J. Richman

Art wrote:

[...]

It will be interesting to see if The Sensible Sound even publishes Ferstler's
garbage. Given Ferstler's history of libeling others on the Internet, they may
or may not want to take the chance on letting this sociopathic misfit attempt
to deceive its readership.

Given the Sensible Sound's relatively low readership, Ferstler's delusional
ravings are not likely to be read by very many people.

Bruce J. Richman

Howard Ferstler

Marc Phillips wrote:

Howard said:

As you know, after being away for months I decided to drop
back in and see if things were as crazy as before. Almost
immediately, I stumbled upon a thread where people were
discussing ME

That's because you lurk here constantly. The only reason this is the first
time you've popped in in months is because this is the first time anyone has
mentioned you in months.

Boon

Actually, I am doing research for an article on the audio
lunatic fringe and the insanity of weirdo high-end audio,
and well, the rest you already know.

And, no, I really, really have not been lurking for the past
few months. If I had, you know as well as I do that I would
not be able to resist posting aplenty.

Anyway, it has taken me only a few days to gather the info I
need to do the new article, and I am about to wrap things up
for a while. Hope you will not miss me when I sign off.

Many thanks.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote:

It will be interesting to see if The Sensible Sound even publishes Ferstler's
garbage. Given Ferstler's history of libeling others on the Internet, they may
or may not want to take the chance on letting this sociopathic misfit attempt
to deceive its readership.

You need to get out more. I publish on TSS all the time, and
have been publishing there for years. I put a commentary
column in nearly every issue, along with recording reviews.
Most issues also have product reviews that I write. They
like me there.

Given the Sensible Sound's relatively low readership, Ferstler's delusional
ravings are not likely to be read by very many people.

You can hope.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

Bad Penny wrote:

WOW!!!
I can't wait till your article about RAO is published in some print
media, say The Sensible Sound, because then we can respond to TSS;
in print, as to 'your' activites here on RAO, and about
'your' biases against certain people here on RAO concerning
your pique at their having exposed 'your' history of plagaisrism.

What "history of plagiarism," Clyde. Most of the "certain
people" you are referring to believe in the audio version of
the tooth fairy.

I can't wait to read our responses in TSS, outlining
examples of your plagaiarism, there, in print,
for the entire audio community to read.

You need to get out more, slick. Among legitimate members of
the audio community I have no problems, as evidenced by the
excellent response I received when I sent out dozens of
questionnaires to various audio engineers and designers. It
is only with audio nitwits like you that I have so-called
problems.

Looks like we got out own wrecking ball, and it is
squarely aimed at your writing career, as it were.

Pal, the last thing in the world I worry about is my
"writing career." If you are prepared to take some serious
jabs at it I suggest you get busy. Talk is cheap.

Howard Ferstler

Bruce J. Richman

Sander deWaal wrote:

(Bruce J. Richman) said:

Was that Sikh from Chicago, by any chance?

No, it was on Joke Central, I believe.

Just be careful if you buy speakers over the Internet.

Not the ones I buy.
Bakelite stuff from the '20s offered in the Netherlands are always
picked up by me, to check the condition first.
Back then, Philips made some beautiful stuff. They even had their own
brand name, Philite. There were electric razors, irons, radios,
speakers, and various other Art Deco objects. Very desirable these
days.

I only buy tubes overseas, one of my favourite plaves is Uncle Ned
from Triode Electronics, who ironically is from Chicago.
Though he drives a hard bargain, he's not a Sikh AFAIK.

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."

Another good American source for NOS tubes is Upscale Audio in California.
Kevin Deal claims to have one of the largest stashes of NOS tubes around. He's
very professional and gives good service. Prices are probably not the
cheapest, but he's reliable and quick.

www.upscaleaudio.com

Note the Dutch-modified CD players.

Bruce J. Richman

Bad Penny

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message

What "history of plagiarism,"

haw, haw , haw!

Sander deWaal

(Bruce J. Richman) said:

Another good American source for NOS tubes is Upscale Audio in California.
Kevin Deal claims to have one of the largest stashes of NOS tubes around. He's
very professional and gives good service. Prices are probably not the
cheapest, but he's reliable and quick.

www.upscaleaudio.com

I've done business with Kevin several times, and indeed it was a
pleasure.
Ned Carlson sometimes has bargains I can't resist, though.

Note the Dutch-modified CD players.

Ah! Tjoeb! is phonetical Dutch for "a tube".
While I certainly wasn't impressed by the earlier ones, the last
models I've heard were of real good quality.

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."

paul packer

More remarkably, as I scoped other RAO threads I discovered
that the dysfunctional individuals I had encountered in the
past were still swapping insults and accusations. Even more
weird, those assorted insults and accusations had not
changed one iota. The same claptrap as ever. It was as if I
had only left for a day.

Totally agree. I couldn't believe it either when I looked in after 2
years (why, oh why did I do it?). I immediately went into a state of
deep depression at the realization that some adults are condemned to
perpetual pugilistic adolescence and haven't recovered since.

This situation caused me to do some additional snooping.
Over the past week I have been scoping various "discussions"
on RAO, and I cannot let this wonderful opportunity pass.
Yep, I am going to WRITE ANOTHER ARTICLE about the audio
newsgroup scene. I did it before, as some of you no doubt
remember (that piece appeared in the Audiophile Voice, and I
still treasure memories of the consternation that resulted),
and now I am going to do it again. You people deserve
another article.

If the original article can still be found on the net I'd be grateful
for the address, Howard.

Arny Krueger

"paul packer" wrote in message

More remarkably, as I scoped other RAO threads I discovered
that the dysfunctional individuals I had encountered in the
past were still swapping insults and accusations. Even more
weird, those assorted insults and accusations had not
changed one iota. The same claptrap as ever. It was as if I
had only left for a day.

Same people, natch. I have to admit that you've drawn them out, Howard. I
haven't seen them this excited in a long time. A few of them had kinda-sorta
reverted to acting a bit errr, human.

Totally agree. I couldn't believe it either when I looked in after 2
years (why, oh why did I do it?). I immediately went into a state of
deep depression at the realization that some adults are condemned to
perpetual pugilistic adolescence and haven't recovered since.

The phrase "love to hate" comes to mind. There's some tightly wound clocks
in there.

I don't hate these guys, I just find them fun to play with like my dogs.
Tease 'em with a bone, a carrot or a biscuit... It's good for them!

Bruce J. Richman

Sander deWaal wrote:

(Bruce J. Richman) said:

Another good American source for NOS tubes is Upscale Audio in California.
Kevin Deal claims to have one of the largest stashes of NOS tubes around.

He's
very professional and gives good service. Prices are probably not the
cheapest, but he's reliable and quick.

www.upscaleaudio.com

I've done business with Kevin several times, and indeed it was a
pleasure.
Ned Carlson sometimes has bargains I can't resist, though.

Note the Dutch-modified CD players.

Ah! Tjoeb! is phonetical Dutch for "a tube".
While I certainly wasn't impressed by the earlier ones, the last
models I've heard were of real good quality.

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."

I haven't auditioned the Ah Tjoeb CD players personally, but they would apperar
to be a good value for the money, according to many reports. I *do* however
use a tubed DAC fitted with a pair of Mullard 12AX7's - a California Audio Labs
Alpha. It's connected via balanced interconnect to a CAL Delta transport.
Given my limited playing of CD's, it works for me.

Bruce J. Richman

Howard Ferstler

paul packer wrote:

[...]

Hello, Paul,

I really have no idea where it is. Remember, it was
published in the paper-print magazine The Audiophile Voice.
Ironically, when I was cleaning out my magazine collection a
while back to give to the recycle people I inadvertently
threw my copy out. I cannot even remember specifically which
issue it was in. I do know that it read somewhat differently
from the draft version I submitted. Gene Pitts had done some
work on it.

I suppose that one of the backfile expert fanatics here
would be able to go back far enough and find the on-line
rewrite done for John Atkinson by his hack proofreader (this
item was supposedly "accidentally" posted to RAO, but I know
better), during a childish attempt to dissect the
grammatical flaws.

Some of the members of RAO were pretty steamed up by the
article. They claimed that I fell just short of naming
names. The article spawned a virtual mountain of threads.

I suppose I could go back into my draft files and paste my
original version here (as noted above, it was somewhat
different from the final, edited version that Gene Pitts put
into his magazine), but I would rather just get the my
article completed and into The Sensible Sound.

Howard Ferstler
MINe 109

Howard Ferstler wrote:

I suppose I could go back into my draft files and paste my
original version here (as noted above, it was somewhat
different from the final, edited version that Gene Pitts put
into his magazine), but I would rather just get the my
article completed and into The Sensible Sound.

Good Lord! The print version had been edited?

Howard Ferstler

MINe 109 wrote:

In article ,
Howard Ferstler wrote:

I suppose I could go back into my draft files and paste my
original version here (as noted above, it was somewhat
different from the final, edited version that Gene Pitts put
into his magazine), but I would rather just get the my
article completed and into The Sensible Sound.

Good Lord! The print version had been edited?

Sure. Pitts edits all the articles that appear in his
magazine. I think that the version that John Atkinson got
hold of was taken from the magazine. He did not have access
to any draft. He was not only critiquing my writing style;
he was also critiquing Gene Pitts work as an editor.

Howard Ferstler
MINe 109

Howard Ferstler wrote:

MINe 109 wrote:

In article ,
Howard Ferstler wrote:

I suppose I could go back into my draft files and paste my
original version here (as noted above, it was somewhat
different from the final, edited version that Gene Pitts put
into his magazine), but I would rather just get the my
article completed and into The Sensible Sound.

Good Lord! The print version had been edited?

Sure. Pitts edits all the articles that appear in his
magazine. I think that the version that John Atkinson got
hold of was taken from the magazine. He did not have access
to any draft. He was not only critiquing my writing style;
he was also critiquing Gene Pitts work as an editor.

Yes, the version was from the magazine. It would be possible to
reconstruct the article from the annotated version, but I don't think it
would be fair use to post it, even if I were to go to the trouble. Would
you agree for me to repost the paragraph or two that best exhibit your
wrecking ball in action? Not the entire article, note, and not, note,
annotated.

Unfortunately, this example wouldn't show your structural weakness, but
you could go on agreeing with your content with the assurance that no
one would bother to sue you.

Stephen
Howard Ferstler

MINe 109 wrote:

In article ,
Howard Ferstler wrote:

[...]

Sorry. Let all those who are interested in reading the essay
contact Gene Pitts, at The Audiophile Voice, and have him
SELL them a copy of the magazine.

That anyone at all is still interested in the earlier
article makes me want to get the new essay completed all
that much faster.

Incidentally, if anyone wants more from me on audio gimmicks
they can purchase (probably at a used bookstore) my book The
Home Theater Companion. Chapter 8 has a section on goofy
products and those who purchase them.

Howard Ferstler
MINe 109

Howard Ferstler wrote:

MINe 109 wrote:

In article ,
Howard Ferstler wrote:

[...]

Okay, one sentence is fair use:

Actually, some posters probably use nothing but phony names, no doubt to
prevent people from finding out that they are not as successful and
accomplished as they claim to be in their posts. (I have seen posters
claim to be scientists, engineers, musicians, novelists, lawyers,
college professors, and even psychologists, and yet nearly always, they
will avoid offering any kind of proof of these claims for a variety of
see-through reasons.)

End quote.

Gosh, Howard, the person on RAO I see most often touting his
accomplishments is you, Mr. "Bow Down Before My Word Count" Published
Author. And a real psychologist has gone to the trouble to cite his
professional identification, far from "avoid{ing} offering proof".

I'll grant you Prof. Bloom, but you do seem to have a love-hate
relationship with academia, cloaking yourself in it when you think it to
your advantage, but tearing it down when you're at a loss.

That anyone at all is still interested in the earlier
article makes me want to get the new essay completed all
that much faster.

Incidentally, if anyone wants more from me on audio gimmicks
they can purchase (probably at a used bookstore) my book The
Home Theater Companion. Chapter 8 has a section on goofy
products and those who purchase them.

I've seen it. Don't bother.

Stephen
paul packer

Some of the members of RAO were pretty steamed up by the
article. They claimed that I fell just short of naming
names. The article spawned a virtual mountain of threads.

I suppose I could go back into my draft files and paste my
original version here (as noted above, it was somewhat
different from the final, edited version that Gene Pitts put
into his magazine), but I would rather just get the my
article completed and into The Sensible Sound.

Howard Ferstler

Don't worry, Howard. I can pretty much imagine what was in the article
and we certainly wouldn't want to get the regulars here steamed up
again--beyond their normal steamed-up condition I mean. I'll just look
forward to the next article if it happens.