Marcos Marrero

Default Sound cards

OK, please don't flame me but I have to ask this question. I'm looking
into the purchasing a sound card for recording music. The soundblaster
Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro looks like a good choice, but I've heard about
the Edirol and M-Audio "Professional" sound cards. What is yours guys
opinion? Which one should I go with. I've compared the soundblaster to
the other cards (Edirol, M-audio) and don't see much of a difference
at all. Help please!!!!
Lars Olsson

I have the M-audio Audiophile 24/96.
The soundblaster cards are jokes compared to
e.g. the M-audio cards.

"Marcos Marrero" wrote in message
OK, please don't flame me but I have to ask this question. I'm looking
into the purchasing a sound card for recording music. The soundblaster
Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro looks like a good choice, but I've heard about
the Edirol and M-Audio "Professional" sound cards. What is yours guys
opinion? Which one should I go with. I've compared the soundblaster to
the other cards (Edirol, M-audio) and don't see much of a difference
at all. Help please!!!!

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 20:08:14 GMT, "Lars Olsson"
wrote:

I have the M-audio Audiophile 24/96.
The soundblaster cards are jokes compared to
e.g. the M-audio cards.

Bingo.....

Clearly audible difference between ANYTHING Soundblaster and M-Audio.

Steven Sullivan

Marcos Marrero wrote:
OK, please don't flame me but I have to ask this question. I'm looking
into the purchasing a sound card for recording music. The soundblaster
Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro looks like a good choice, but I've heard about
the Edirol and M-Audio "Professional" sound cards. What is yours guys
opinion? Which one should I go with. I've compared the soundblaster to
the other cards (Edirol, M-audio) and don't see much of a difference
at all. Help please!!!!

I would suggest that you repost this to rec.audio.pro, where several
soundcard experts hang out.

a tip offered by one of them, Arny Kruger, has worked for me so far:
use google with the words

rightmark + [name of card]

to find test results

___

-S.

"They've got God on their side. All we've got is science and reason."
-- Dawn Hulsey, Talent Director

Gary Vander Schel

"Marcos Marrero" wrote in message
OK, please don't flame me but I have to ask this question. I'm looking
into the purchasing a sound card for recording music. The soundblaster
Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro looks like a good choice, but I've heard about
the Edirol and M-Audio "Professional" sound cards. What is yours guys
opinion? Which one should I go with. I've compared the soundblaster to
the other cards (Edirol, M-audio) and don't see much of a difference
at all. Help please!!!!

http://www.pcavtech.com/soundcards/compare/index.htm
Charles Franklin

"Marcos Marrero" wrote in message
OK, please don't flame me but I have to ask this question. I'm looking
into the purchasing a sound card for recording music. The soundblaster
Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro looks like a good choice, but I've heard about
the Edirol and M-Audio "Professional" sound cards. What is yours guys
opinion? Which one should I go with. I've compared the soundblaster to
the other cards (Edirol, M-audio) and don't see much of a difference
at all. Help please!!!!

If you're on a budget, the M-Audio cards like the 24/96 are the way to go.
Another good budget soundcard is the Echo Mia. Sometimes you can find either
one of these cards used for $100-$150 on Ebay.

o Mia can sometimes be had for $100 on ebay