Posted to rec.audio.car
Chris Adams Chris Adams is offline

Default Captain Jack channels Londo

that you say or do can make the smallest
difference -- in that case, why do we go to the trouble of interrogating
you first? That is what you were thinking, was it not?'
'Yes,' said Winston.
O'Brien smiled slightly. 'You are a flaw in the pattern, Winston. You
are a stain that must be wiped out. Did I not tell you just now that we are
different from the persecutors of the past? We are not content with
negative obedience, nor even with the most abject submission. When finally
you surrender to us, it must be of your own free will. We do not destroy
the heretic because he resists us: so long as he resists us we never
destroy him. We convert him, we capture his inner mind, we reshape him. We
burn all evil and all illusion out of him; we bring him over to our side,
not in appearance, but genuinely, heart and soul. We make him one of
ourselves before we kill him. It is intolerable to us that an erroneous
thought should exist anywhere in the world, however secret and powerless it
may be. Even in the instant of death we cannot permit any deviation. In the
old days the heretic walked to the stake still a heretic, proclaiming his
heresy, exulting in it. Even the victim of the Russian purges could carry
rebellion locked up in his skull as he walked down the passage waiting for
the bullet. But we make the brain perfect before we blow it out. The
command of the old despotisms was "Thou shalt not". The command of the
totalitarians was "Thou shalt". Our command is "Thou art". No one whom we
bring to this place ever stands out against us. Everyone is washed clean.
Even those three miserable traitors in whose innocence you once believed --
Jones, Aaronson, and Rutherford -- in t

Captain Howdy Now is Trying to Sell My Car MOSFET Car Audio 5 August 9th 06 07:47 PM
HELP!! How do I block Captain Howdy? MOSFET Car Audio 20 August 9th 06 08:08 AM
Captain Howdy's Car MOSFET Car Audio 74 July 26th 06 04:50 AM
RCA to Jack Evangelos Himonides Pro Audio 21 October 31st 05 06:45 PM
Captain "Middius" and Porky-the-Cabin-Boy tor b Audio Opinions 0 August 5th 04 07:58 PM