Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Arny ! Why don't you STFU ?

"Eeyore" wrote in
message
Arny Krueger wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

A lot, yes. But the majority of soundtrack material in
all media is still acoustic. Many of my friends make
their livings from such playing on acoustic instruments.

Given your hysterical attitude about sythed music

I see no hysteria. At least not from Jenn.

Of course not. Love is blind.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

A lot, yes. But the majority of soundtrack material in
all media is still acoustic. Many of my friends make
their livings from such playing on acoustic instruments.

Given your hysterical attitude about sythed music Jenn,

I have no such attitude, Arny. I simply have stated my opinion that
synths never sound like acoustic instruments in my opinion.

I suspect that you
are more likely to make friends with people who play acoustic instruments.
Therefore, your statement is true for you, but not relevant to most people.

Yes, it is relevant to most people. Feel free to contact Local 47 of
the AFM to learn how many hours are contracted weekly for film and TV
recordings sessions.

Jenn, I beleive that you have said on several occasions that you don't watch
a lot of TV. IOW, you have no idea about mainsteam media use of musical
instruments.

Arny, the one doesn't logically follow the other.

Arny, why, after one day of insult-free posts to me, do you now return
to your former form?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.misc,aus.hi-fi
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Default A kure for the Krooborg?

Uh-oh. The Krooborg is whipping up another snotstorm. The opening salvo
is directed at Jenn, whom Mr. **** has unfortunately imagined to be his
chief Inquisitor in the "debating trade".

A lot, yes. But the majority of soundtrack material in
all media is still acoustic. Many of my friends make
their livings from such playing on acoustic instruments.

Given your hysterical attitude about sythed music Jenn

Arnii, have you considered getting yourself rebooted via an induced
coma? I learned a little about this from a TV show. The drug they use is
called ketamine. The idea is to dispel pain that may not be rooted in
physical symptoms. In your case, the benefits might be huge, but at the
very least, you'll escape the horror of your tormented existence for a
couple days. Ask your doctor. For everybody's sake.

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

The Krooborg still can't address his total failure at the only goal he
ever imagined for himself.

Arny claims to having
recently built his own recording studio.

No such thing.

Of course we should all weigh the likelihood of Powell being right vs.
you being right based on your respective track records of truthfulness.
Here's a quick recap:

Usenet Lying Count (discrete occurrences only):

Powell: 0
Krooger: 2,735,680 (rounded down)

Perhaps you've "forgotten" the Kroo-klaim Powell referred to, Arnii.
When you said "recording studio", were you thinking "outhouse" or
"training room" or some other fragment of your seamy existence?

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Bill Riel" wrote in message

While I have no desire to get embroiled in any of this
silliness, I do think it's pretty strange for you to
accuse Jenn of hysteria.

Jenn's got a number of issues that she is err, very strongly emotionally
attached to. One of them relates to her perceptions of inherent sonic
problems with CDs, and another relates to problems she has listening
critically to music made by synthesizers. She also is prone to make global
statements about the use of electronic instruments in media that she admits
that she rarely listens to.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Bill Riel" wrote in message

While I have no desire to get embroiled in any of this
silliness, I do think it's pretty strange for you to
accuse Jenn of hysteria.

Jenn's got a number of issues that she is err, very strongly emotionally
attached to. One of them relates to her perceptions of inherent sonic
problems with CDs, and another relates to problems she has listening
critically to music made by synthesizers.

I have no problem critically listening to music made by synths. What
gives you that false idea?

She also is prone to make global
statements about the use of electronic instruments in media that she admits
that she rarely listens to.

I listen to quite a bit of film music. And I know ow much work there is
in the Hollywood studios that is done with acoustic instruments.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

A lot, yes. But the majority of soundtrack material in
all media is still acoustic. Many of my friends make
their livings from such playing on acoustic instruments.

Given your hysterical attitude about sythed music Jenn,

I have no such attitude, Arny. I simply have stated my
opinion that synths never sound like acoustic instruments
in my opinion.

No Jenn, you just wrote that you are distracted by listening to synthed
instruments.

You wrote:

"To ME they are distracting, as they sound so unlike acoustic instruments
that they are trying to imitate, but that's just me"

Saying that this discomfort is so great that:

"If I were to take such tests as yours, I would look for one that uses files
of acoustic instruments."

IOW, you feel that you can't listen critically and comfortably for audible
differences between audio products if the music being listened does not come
from acoustic instruments.

IMO, that's pretty hysterical, particularly given the tremendous amount of
synthed music that is used in popular media that you say you rarely listen
to. It's possible that one reason why you don't watch much TV is that you
might not be able to listen carefully to say, the dialog when synthed
instruments are used in the background. Or, perhaps if you try to watch a
news show, the use of a synthed instrument in the introduction might upset
you so that you don't get the editorial content.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Bill Riel" wrote in message

While I have no desire to get embroiled in any of this
silliness, I do think it's pretty strange for you to
accuse Jenn of hysteria.

Jenn's got a number of issues that she is err, very
strongly emotionally attached to. One of them relates to
her perceptions of inherent sonic problems with CDs, and
another relates to problems she has listening critically
to music made by synthesizers.

I have no problem critically listening to music made by
synths. What gives you that false idea?

The fact that you just said it was "distracting".

She also is prone to make global
statements about the use of electronic instruments in
media that she admits that she rarely listens to.

I listen to quite a bit of film music. And I know ow
much work there is in the Hollywood studios that is done
with acoustic instruments.

That's not what I'm talking about, and you know it very well.

Wanna play compare and contrast the number of hours per week of TV
programming on all networks, compared the number of hours of feature films?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

You wrote:

"To ME they are distracting, as they sound so unlike acoustic instruments
that they are trying to imitate, but that's just me"

Saying that this discomfort is so great that:

"If I were to take such tests as yours, I would look for one that uses files
of acoustic instruments."

Yes, it is distracting when a synth tries to imitate acoustic
instruments and does it so badly, as in the files on your website. This
is hardly "hysterical".

IOW, you feel that you can't listen critically and comfortably for audible
differences between audio products if the music being listened does not come
from acoustic instruments.

Incorrect. I could "critically and comfortably" listen for audible
differences using synth files. You do understand that synths are very
often used to produce sounds that are not imitations of acoustic
instruments, don't you?

IMO, that's pretty hysterical, particularly given the tremendous amount of
synthed music that is used in popular media that you say you rarely listen
to.

No, I've said that I "don't watch that much TV". I probably watch about
10 hours a week.

It's possible that one reason why you don't watch much TV is that you
might not be able to listen carefully to say, the dialog when synthed
instruments are used in the background. Or, perhaps if you try to watch a
news show, the use of a synthed instrument in the introduction might upset
you so that you don't get the editorial content.

lol

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Bill Riel" wrote in message

While I have no desire to get embroiled in any of this
silliness, I do think it's pretty strange for you to
accuse Jenn of hysteria.

Jenn's got a number of issues that she is err, very
strongly emotionally attached to. One of them relates to
her perceptions of inherent sonic problems with CDs, and
another relates to problems she has listening critically
to music made by synthesizers.

I have no problem critically listening to music made by
synths. What gives you that false idea?

The fact that you just said it was "distracting".

Addressed in another post.

She also is prone to make global
statements about the use of electronic instruments in
media that she admits that she rarely listens to.

I listen to quite a bit of film music. And I know ow
much work there is in the Hollywood studios that is done
with acoustic instruments.

That's not what I'm talking about, and you know it very well.

You do understand that TV scores are recorded at Hollywood studios,
don't you?

Wanna play compare and contrast the number of hours per week of TV
programming on all networks, compared the number of hours of feature films?

You have taken a statement that I made ("I don't watch that much TV")
and turned it into "rarely listens to". Odd.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article
, "Arny

You wrote:

"To ME they are distracting, as they sound so unlike
acoustic instruments that they are trying to imitate,
but that's just me"

Saying that this discomfort is so great that:

"If I were to take such tests as yours, I would look for
one that uses files of acoustic instruments."

There are files based on acoustic instruments at my web site. Or maybe there
aren't. Is the piano on this page real or was the origional source of the
piano recording lying to me?

http://www.pcabx.com/technical/nonlinear/

Yes, it is distracting when a synth tries to imitate
acoustic instruments and does it so badly, as in the
files on your website. This is hardly "hysterical".

You do a good job of washing your own hands, Jenn.

IOW, you feel that you can't listen critically and
comfortably for audible differences between audio
products if the music being listened does not come from
acoustic instruments.

Incorrect. I could "critically and comfortably" listen
for audible differences using synth files.

Thanks for the clarification.

You do
understand that synths are very often used to produce
sounds that are not imitations of acoustic instruments,
don't you?

Ah, Jenn's got some spare snot to spew on me today.

IMO, that's pretty hysterical, particularly given the
tremendous amount of synthed music that is used in
popular media that you say you rarely listen to.

No, I've said that I "don't watch that much TV". I
probably watch about 10 hours a week.

Hair splitting noted.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Jenn" wrote

You wrote:

"To ME they are distracting, as they sound so unlike acoustic instruments
that they are trying to imitate, but that's just me"

Oh SHUT UP Arny ! It's boring and uninteresting. You're worse than Morein FFS !

Please note the title of the thread !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

Wanna play compare and contrast the number of hours per week of TV
programming on all networks, compared the number of hours of feature films?

Is that a 'strawman' or a non-sequitur ? ;~)

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

You do understand that TV scores are recorded at
Hollywood studios, don't you?

Wrong. I know that some TV scores are recorded at Hollywood studios and that
others are recorded elsewhere.

Wanna play compare and contrast the number of hours per
week of TV programming on all networks, compared the
number of hours of feature films?

You have taken a statement that I made ("I don't watch
that much TV") and turned it into "rarely listens to".
Odd.

I said that nowhere in the post you responded to, Jenn. Why are you
obsessing on this?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message
Arny Krueger wrote:

"Jenn" wrote

You wrote:

"To ME they are distracting, as they sound so unlike
acoustic instruments that they are trying to imitate,
but that's just me"

Oh SHUT UP Arny ! It's boring and uninteresting.

Indeed Graham, this is so boring that I've got you and Jenn responding to
me. And, your name was not even mentioned.

Most people don't response to posts they find boring. Why are you responding
to boring posts, Graham?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Powell Powell is offline

wrote

Caveats with ABX: The odds are indeed stacked against
the participant who must make the fine discrimination.
However, one must keep in mind that demonstrating a null
result (cannot discern) does not prove anything - only proving
that one can in fact discern the difference is significant.

You will always be at odds promoting "null results" as being
meaningful, Arny

I've been trying for some 5 years to get Arni to acknowledge the
obvious conclusion from any and all reported "listening tests"
: ABX makes it all sound the same. I did not succeed. You
might have more luck.
Ludovic Mirabel

You ask to much of me, Mirabel.

There is a metaphor that says you cannot add more tea
to a already brimming cup until you first empty it. Arny's
not ready for the pain of change/growth.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Powell Powell is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote

Perfectly reasonable request.

Well Powell as nutszoid as you are, that's about as good of damnation as
any reasonable person might need.

I don't catch your drift, Arny. Are you inferring condemnation
on my part for a correction of methodology on your part?
Seems a reasonable request and it is within your means to
fix-it. It is to your advantage to promote rigorous ABX
standards afterall. How else will you find real Trvth®.

Arny claims to having
recently built his own recording studio.

No such thing.

Arny wrote "Unlike you Powell, I haven't built my recording
facility." Please define your idea of what constitutes "built my
recording facility" if is not a material asset (real property).

Hey Powell, when you going to schedule your return to
the known universe?

Yea, I'm out there.

What's your excuse for the lack of social intelligence skills
on r.a.o.?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Bill Riel said:

While I have no desire to get embroiled in any of this silliness, I do
think it's pretty strange for you to accuse Jenn of hysteria.

Strange for a sane person, maybe....

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Eeyore said:

Wanna play compare and contrast the number of hours per week of TV
programming on all networks, compared the number of hours of feature films?

Is that a 'strawman' or a non-sequitur ? ;~)

Doesn't matter -- they both pay the same number of "debating trade"
Dirty Points.

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] elmir2m@shaw.ca is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in
message

You wrote:

[...]

====================================

Let's agree. You listen to gorgeous background, synthed music on TV.
etc and Jenny and I (I hope I'm not speaking on her behalf without
permission) listen to Monteverdi ( do you still confuse him with
Giuseppe Verdi?).

I have not the slightest inclination to criticise your choices - you
have overwhelming majority with you if that's any comfort. You in
turn lay off talking rubbish about the merits or demerits of
reproduction of acoustic instrumental music. You've given overpowering
evidence that you have neither the ear nor the knowledge. Worse you
have no judgement to keep silent about subjects you know nothing
about.

You're just a 1430 messages diversion.

Ludovic Mirabel

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Bill Riel" wrote in message

[...]

Since when are TV programs the epitome of recorded sound, Arny? Gives some
insight into your standards, perhaps?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Default The Krooborg's konsuming paranoa™

Jenn said:

Arny, why, after one day of insult-free posts to me, do you now return
to your former form?

Jenn stop dissembling Jnen. Jen Arnii already prooved Jeen that, you're
in love with Garahm when, its like you don't even admit an obvious fcact
Jennn? Such as Jann you claim you're not a Middius dupe. LOl! LOt"S!

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

The Krooborg trots out his "everybody made me do it" excuse.

Oh SHUT UP Arny ! It's boring and uninteresting.

Most people don't response to posts they find boring. Why are you responding
to boring posts, Graham?

This is as close as Krooger gets to admitting he's an asshole. Might as
well take your victory and be glad of it, Poopie.

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Krueger" wrote:
"Bill Riel" wrote in message

[...]

BTW, note that Jenn sloughed the question

Since when are TV programs the epitome of recorded sound,
Arny? Gives some insight into your standards, perhaps?

Don't blame me for the fact that Jenn raised the issue of quantity.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:
"Bill Riel" wrote in message

[...]

I didn't "slough" it; it simply doesn't need a response. My statement
was, "But the majority of soundtrack material in all media is still
acoustic." You then claimed that I can't speak to TV because "I don't
watch TV all that much." You then try to imply that I don't know what
I'm talking about in this area, since TV is excluded (for false reasons)
and there is more sound track recording for TV than there is for movies.
The entire argument is dumb, as is so often the case.

Since when are TV programs the epitome of recorded sound,
Arny? Gives some insight into your standards, perhaps?

Don't blame me for the fact that Jenn raised the issue of quantity.

I did in the sense that I know that there are hundreds of man-hours per
week of recording of acoustic instruments for TV and movies.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

You do understand that TV scores are recorded at
Hollywood studios, don't you?

Wrong. I know that some TV scores are recorded at Hollywood studios and that
others are recorded elsewhere.

My estimation is that something on the order of over 95% of TV scores
are recorded in Hollywood. If you have evidence to the contrary, feel
free to present it.

Wanna play compare and contrast the number of hours per
week of TV programming on all networks, compared the
number of hours of feature films?

You have taken a statement that I made ("I don't watch
that much TV") and turned it into "rarely listens to".
Odd.

I said that nowhere in the post you responded to, Jenn.

Arny, 9:20 a.m. Pacific time: "She also is prone to make global
statements about the use of electronic instruments in media that she
admits
that she rarely listens to."

Why are you
obsessing on this?

I'm not. You took a nice exchange that we had yesterday and turned it
into a "battle" today. I don't know why.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com
In article
, "Arny

You wrote:

"To ME they are distracting, as they sound so unlike
acoustic instruments that they are trying to imitate,
but that's just me"

Saying that this discomfort is so great that:

"If I were to take such tests as yours, I would look for
one that uses files of acoustic instruments."

There are files based on acoustic instruments at my web site. Or maybe there
aren't. Is the piano on this page real or was the origional source of the
piano recording lying to me?

http://www.pcabx.com/technical/nonlinear/

Don't know; I'll have to wait until I get home around 10:30 tonight and
hear the file being played through something other than my laptop
speakers. They sound pretty good from here. BTW, you DO know the
original source of the piano file, as opposed to the "trumpets" etc?

Yes, it is distracting when a synth tries to imitate
acoustic instruments and does it so badly, as in the
files on your website. This is hardly "hysterical".

You do a good job of washing your own hands, Jenn.

Just speaking the truth. I would think that most people understand that.

IOW, you feel that you can't listen critically and
comfortably for audible differences between audio
products if the music being listened does not come from
acoustic instruments.

Incorrect. I could "critically and comfortably" listen
for audible differences using synth files.

Thanks for the clarification.

I never said otherwise.

You do
understand that synths are very often used to produce
sounds that are not imitations of acoustic instruments,
don't you?

Ah, Jenn's got some spare snot to spew on me today.

It's not "snot". It speaks to the fact that a great deal of the music
that is played on synths is not done to try to imitate acoustic
instruments. I have no problem listening to such files. Just as a
reminder, I have two synths in my home (one of them is really
outstanding), one in my office, and I teach about 6 hours a week in a
room with 20 of them. They are useful tools. I'm hardly "hysterical"
about them. lol

IMO, that's pretty hysterical, particularly given the
tremendous amount of synthed music that is used in
popular media that you say you rarely listen to.

No, I've said that I "don't watch that much TV". I
probably watch about 10 hours a week.

Hair splitting noted.

Just the truth, Arny.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

You do understand that TV scores are recorded at
Hollywood studios, don't you?

Wrong. I know that some TV scores are recorded at
Hollywood studios and that others are recorded elsewhere.

My estimation is that something on the order of over 95%
of TV scores are recorded in Hollywood. If you have
evidence to the contrary, feel free to present it.

My estimate is that 55% or more of all TV scores are recorded outside of
Los Angeles county. If you have
evidence to the contrary, feel free to present it.

Wanna play compare and contrast the number of hours per
week of TV programming on all networks, compared the
number of hours of feature films?

You have taken a statement that I made ("I don't watch
that much TV") and turned it into "rarely listens to".
Odd.

I said that nowhere in the post you responded to, Jenn.

Arny, 9:20 a.m. Pacific time: "She also is prone to make
global statements about the use of electronic instruments
in media that she admits that she rarely listens to."

Different post than the one you responded to, Jenn. I wrote the post you
responded to at 12:30 EDT which is 9:30 PDT.

Why are you
obsessing on this?

I'm not. You took a nice exchange that we had yesterday
and turned it into a "battle" today. I don't know why.

Jenn, you started off on the wrong foot with your demanding attitude and
bigotry.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com

You do understand that TV scores are recorded at
Hollywood studios, don't you?

Wrong. I know that some TV scores are recorded at
Hollywood studios and that others are recorded elsewhere.

My estimation is that something on the order of over 95%
of TV scores are recorded in Hollywood. If you have
evidence to the contrary, feel free to present it.

My estimate is that 55% or more of all TV scores are recorded outside of
Los Angeles county.

Based on what experience?

If you have
evidence to the contrary, feel free to present it.

Wanna play compare and contrast the number of hours per
week of TV programming on all networks, compared the
number of hours of feature films?

You have taken a statement that I made ("I don't watch
that much TV") and turned it into "rarely listens to".
Odd.

I said that nowhere in the post you responded to, Jenn.

Arny, 9:20 a.m. Pacific time: "She also is prone to make
global statements about the use of electronic instruments
in media that she admits that she rarely listens to."

Different post than the one you responded to, Jenn. I wrote the post you
responded to at 12:30 EDT which is 9:30 PDT.

I didn't respond to that post? More "debating trade" stuff, I suppose.

Why are you
obsessing on this?

I'm not. You took a nice exchange that we had yesterday
and turned it into a "battle" today. I don't know why.

Jenn, you started off on the wrong foot with your demanding attitude and
bigotry.

LOL For example?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com
In article
, "Arny

You wrote:

"To ME they are distracting, as they sound so unlike
acoustic instruments that they are trying to imitate,
but that's just me"

Saying that this discomfort is so great that:

"If I were to take such tests as yours, I would look
for one that uses files of acoustic instruments."

There are files based on acoustic instruments at my web
site. Or maybe there aren't. Is the piano on this page
real or was the origional source of the piano recording
lying to me?

http://www.pcabx.com/technical/nonlinear/

Don't know; I'll have to wait until I get home around
10:30 tonight and hear the file being played through
something other than my laptop speakers. They sound
pretty good from here. BTW, you DO know the original
source of the piano file, as opposed to the "trumpets"
etc?

I know what I was told.

Yes, it is distracting when a synth tries to imitate
acoustic instruments and does it so badly, as in the
files on your website. This is hardly "hysterical".

You do a good job of washing your own hands, Jenn.

Just speaking the truth. I would think that most people
understand that.

Truth isn't up for a popularity contest, Jenn. But thanks for proposing that
it is.

IOW, you feel that you can't listen critically and
comfortably for audible differences between audio
products if the music being listened does not come from
acoustic instruments.

Incorrect. I could "critically and comfortably" listen
for audible differences using synth files.

Thanks for the clarification.

I never said otherwise.

Ohhhh! How snotty we are today, Jenn. Maybe I should never thank you again.

You do
understand that synths are very often used to produce
sounds that are not imitations of acoustic instruments,
don't you?

Ah, Jenn's got some spare snot to spew on me today.

It's not "snot".

Of course not - given that Jenn's again washing her own hands off.

It speaks to the fact that a great deal
of the music that is played on synths is not done to try
to imitate acoustic instruments.

It's about your snotty tone. Do you seriously think that I don't know what
synthesizers are used for?

I have no problem listening to such files.

I tend to think of most of the synthesized music that I hear as not
seriously intending to imitate acoustic instruments.

Just as a reminder, I have two
synths in my home (one of them is really outstanding),
one in my office, and I teach about 6 hours a week in a
room with 20 of them. They are useful tools. I'm hardly
"hysterical" about them. lol

You've said what you've said, Jenn. As damning as it is, you haven't
recanted. You have tried to raise a lot of irrelevant dust and cover me with
snot.

IMO, that's pretty hysterical, particularly given the
tremendous amount of synthed music that is used in
popular media that you say you rarely listen to.

No, I've said that I "don't watch that much TV". I
probably watch about 10 hours a week.

Hair splitting noted.

Just the truth, Arny.

Where did I say otherwise?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

y.
com
In article
, "Arny

You wrote:

"To ME they are distracting, as they sound so unlike
acoustic instruments that they are trying to imitate,
but that's just me"

Saying that this discomfort is so great that:

"If I were to take such tests as yours, I would look
for one that uses files of acoustic instruments."

There are files based on acoustic instruments at my web
site. Or maybe there aren't. Is the piano on this page
real or was the origional source of the piano recording
lying to me?

http://www.pcabx.com/technical/nonlinear/

Don't know; I'll have to wait until I get home around
10:30 tonight and hear the file being played through
something other than my laptop speakers. They sound
pretty good from here. BTW, you DO know the original
source of the piano file, as opposed to the "trumpets"
etc?

I know what I was told.

Perhaps we're talking about different things. What I'm wondering is
where the files came from. You have said that you don't remember where
you got the "trumpet" and other files from. I'm just wondering if you
DO remember where you got the piano file from. Evidently you do, since
whomever you got them from told you that it is a recording of acoustic
piano. So you got the piano files from a different source than the
"trumpets" and other files?

Yes, it is distracting when a synth tries to imitate
acoustic instruments and does it so badly, as in the
files on your website. This is hardly "hysterical".

You do a good job of washing your own hands, Jenn.

Just speaking the truth. I would think that most people
understand that.

Truth isn't up for a popularity contest, Jenn. But thanks for proposing that
it is.

I would point out the logical fallacy of your conclusion, but...never
mind.

[...]

I would think that you do, but based on the fact that you drew the
conclusion that you did concerning my "discomfort" with synths, I had to
wonder.

I have no problem listening to such files.

I tend to think of most of the synthesized music that I hear as not
seriously intending to imitate acoustic instruments.

I agree.

Just as a reminder, I have two
synths in my home (one of them is really outstanding),
one in my office, and I teach about 6 hours a week in a
room with 20 of them. They are useful tools. I'm hardly
"hysterical" about them. lol

You've said what you've said, Jenn. As damning as it is, you haven't
recanted. You have tried to raise a lot of irrelevant dust and cover me with
snot.

Nothing I said was "damning", and you're correct; I don't recant it.
How you can draw the conclusion that I have "hysterical" views on this
is a puzzle.

IMO, that's pretty hysterical, particularly given the
tremendous amount of synthed music that is used in
popular media that you say you rarely listen to.

No, I've said that I "don't watch that much TV". I
probably watch about 10 hours a week.

Hair splitting noted.

Just the truth, Arny.

Where did I say otherwise?

YOU'RE the one who drew the false conclusion from my statement that I
don't know what's being played in "popular media".
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Harry Lavo wrote:

Since when are TV programs the epitome of recorded sound, Arny? Gives some
insight into your standards, perhaps?

Heck, his QSC amplifier tells you something about his standards !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

[...]

Jenn, he woke up on the wrong side of bed. That's all the excuse he seems
to need to be extraordinarily ornery.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

BTW, note that Jenn sloughed the question

Translation ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 12:20:25 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Bill Riel" wrote in message
et

While I have no desire to get embroiled in any of this
silliness, I do think it's pretty strange for you to
accuse Jenn of hysteria.

Jenn's got a number of issues that she is err, very strongly emotionally
attached to. One of them relates to her perceptions of inherent sonic
problems with CDs, and another relates to problems she has listening
critically to music made by synthesizers.

Why would anyone want to listen critically to music made by
synthesizers?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:25:21 GMT, Jenn
wrote:

She also is prone to make global
statements about the use of electronic instruments in media that she admits
that she rarely listens to.

I listen to quite a bit of film music.

Yeah? Any favourite scores, composers?

And I know ow much work

Are you cockney?

there is
in the Hollywood studios that is done with acoustic instruments.

Or both. Jerry Goldsmith was very good at blending electronic and
acoustic.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 12:50:11 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

You do understand that TV scores are recorded at
Hollywood studios, don't you?

Wrong. I know that some TV scores are recorded at Hollywood studios and that
others are recorded elsewhere.

Actually most are recorded in Hollywood. It's FILM scores that are
most likely to be recorded elsewhere, including Old Blighty.

Wanna play compare and contrast the number of hours per
week of TV programming on all networks, compared the
number of hours of feature films?

You have taken a statement that I made ("I don't watch
that much TV") and turned it into "rarely listens to".
Odd.

I said that nowhere in the post you responded to, Jenn. Why are you
obsessing on this?

Jenn is obsessing?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

paul packer wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Bill Riel" wrote in message

While I have no desire to get embroiled in any of this
silliness, I do think it's pretty strange for you to
accuse Jenn of hysteria.

Jenn's got a number of issues that she is err, very strongly emotionally
attached to. One of them relates to her perceptions of inherent sonic
problems with CDs, and another relates to problems she has listening
critically to music made by synthesizers.

Why would anyone want to listen critically to music made by
synthesizers?

I was probably very popular in the 70s !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:49:41 GMT, Jenn
wrote:

I'm not. You took a nice exchange that we had yesterday and turned it
into a "battle" today. I don't know why.

You don't? Stop fibbing, Jenn.