Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

Default Arny ! Why don't you STFU ?

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com
In article ,
Eeyore wrote:

Jenn wrote:

And yet you claim that the files are of real trumpets.

I rather hope he'd finally stopped making such a
perverse and ridiculous claim !

Graham

I suspect that he won't because I pointed out the truth
to him.

Actually Jenn, this issue has come up before. I'm amazed
that you've come this far in life without being able to
understand such phrases as "it doesn't matter for the
purpose", and the word agnostic.

It "doesn't matter for the purpose" and yet you are
unable to admit that you didn't tell the truth (or to be
generous, were simply wrong about) the nature of the
files on your website.

I've always provided the best and most accurate information known to me.

BTW why don't you tell me again why my trumpet sample can't be played on
acoustic instruments.

Again?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

JA:
Putting to one side, Mr. Krueger, your mindreading about
what Jenn understands or not, I fail to grasp why you are
"agnostic" on this question. Not only do your "Trumpets"
samples have timbral differences from the sounds of real
trumpets, they include notes that Jenn and Stephen have
both stated can't be played on any real-world trumpet;
both have then presented evidence in support of that
statement. Why do you continue to ignore
that evidence?

I don't ignore it, I discount it. Both of these so-called authorities have
been very fallible in the past.

I cited independent websites to back up my comments because I assumed
you wouldn't take my word for it.

What's your problem with those sites?

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

BTW Jenn how come you never mentioned that 4 valve trumpets can play "pedal
tone" frequencies as normal notes?

Four valve don't play "pedal tones" as normal notes. I wonder if you
misread a reference that showed the extended range of normal notes.

"Pedal tone" has a specific definition that isn't affected by how many
valves one has. Besides, the four valve models I know are piccolo
trumpets another octave away from the pitches in question.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

JA:
Putting to one side, Mr. Krueger, your mindreading about
what Jenn understands or not, I fail to grasp why you are
"agnostic" on this question. Not only do your "Trumpets"
samples have timbral differences from the sounds of real
trumpets, they include notes that Jenn and Stephen have
both stated can't be played on any real-world trumpet;
both have then presented evidence in support of that
statement. Why do you continue to ignore
that evidence?

I don't ignore it, I discount it. Both of these so-called authorities have
been very fallible in the past.

Where have we been "fallible" on these matters?

I cited independent websites to back up my comments because I assumed
you wouldn't take my word for it.

As did I.

What's your problem with those sites?

Stephen

Arny "discounts" our statements because we don't put up with false
statements about musical matters.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

BTW Jenn how come you never mentioned that 4 valve trumpets can play "pedal
tone" frequencies as normal notes?

Four valve don't play "pedal tones" as normal notes. I wonder if you
misread a reference that showed the extended range of normal notes.

Seems likely.

"Pedal tone" has a specific definition that isn't affected by how many
valves one has.

Indeed.

Besides, the four valve models I know are piccolo
trumpets another octave away from the pitches in question.

Stephen

There are also the four rotary valve trumpets, the timbre of which is
even further from Arny's synth files than are regular trumpets. Some
orchestras use them for German literature where darker tone color is
needed. The fourth valve also extends the range down a P4th; still not
low enough to reach the synth notes in Arny's files.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

y.
com

1. In spite of the truth, you still won't admit that
the files aren't of real trumpets? Why? Clearly, you
are simply unwilling to concede a point to me, no
matter what. This is what I find so curious about
you.

I simply don't know for sure. How many times do I have
to say this to you Jenn?

Tell me: What is the lowest frequency on your
"trumpets" files?

30 Hz or less. It appears to be room noise - probably
the rumble of air conditioning equipment.

What is the lowest frequency played by a "trumpet" on
your files?

The lowest tone that contributes to the tonality of the trumpets sample is
about 234 Hz.

BTW Jenn how come you never mentioned that 4 valve trumpets can play "pedal
tone" frequencies as normal notes?

See my response to Stephen's post on the subject.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] elmir2m@shaw.ca is offline

Eeyore wrote:
"George M. Middius" wrote:

paul packer said:

====================================

And this signifies what, Ludo?

His mouse picked up a huge static charge from his overload of outrage at
MiNe, simultaneously knocking Ludo off his chair and causing his
newsreader to send the message with only one character. Accidents will
happen.

LMAO !

Graham

Burning to know what LMAO means. I bet it's something complimentary.
Ludovic M.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] elmir2m@shaw.ca is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

Of course, the fact that his ABX test looses sensitivity
with musical samples doesn't bother Arny.

It is well known that any kind of reliable listening test of certain effects
may be more sensitive when performed with non-musical sounds. So this would
be a deceptive claim on your part, Harry.

In fact, he's so not bothered that he (nor anyone else)
has ever verified the test as being valid to the
open-ended evaluation of audio components.

Please explain and provide examples of how a listening test paradigm can be
validated. Please try not to overload Usenet with volumes of meaningless
prose.

The test is designed to pick up an identified artifact,
after several hours of training.

Why several hours, and why restrict it to identified artifacts?

Steve Phillips at
Harman Industries claims about half his potential testers
are so poor at abx even after training that they have to
be excluded from his panels.

Is that the fault of the test or the listeners?

Moreover, open-ended
listening doesn't have a specific artifact to listen for;
the sound must be evaluated as a "gestalt".

If you want a real thrill, search for "open-ended listening test" there's
only 3 hits on the entire web, and two of them don't relate to audio. IOW,
this is just a catch phrase that Harry made up and applied here.

Yet Arny goes on insisting (and preaching to newbies)
that anything heard without using ABX or ABC/hr or some
other DBT is almost certainly nonexistant - a figment of
their imagination.

This would be a lie, but since when has Harry been fettered by the mere
truth?

======================================

The Chapel-meister speaks:

" Please explain and provide examples of how a listening test paradigm
can be
validated. Please try not to overload Usenet with volumes of meaningless
prose.

Must you really demonstrate that not only you're tone deaf but that in
all these years you did not pick up a glimmer of the scientific method.

It can be validated by experiment and by experiment only. Till that has
been done, reported, published in a peer-reviewed journal and confirmed
by other experimenters IT DOES NOT EXIST.

The details of design are a subject for the experimenter But I'd advise
you to look up the articles of Sean Olive and Floyd Toole. Both very
scrupulous researchers.
If you want me to give you a lecture I'll do it for a fee.

In brief and for example: Speakers can differ - right? Have a clear
detailed protocol,state your statistical criteriaCollect a large
statistically representative sample: age, sex , musical experience etc.
Play a variety of musical fragements through invisible speakers. Ask:
same, different?

And now pick on some missing detail in my very foreshortened account
and run with it , . .
Ludovic Mirabel

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article

om,
Jenn wrote:

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

BTW Jenn how come you never mentioned that 4 valve trumpets can play
"pedal tone" frequencies as normal notes?

Four valve don't play "pedal tones" as normal notes. I wonder if you
misread a reference that showed the extended range of normal notes.

Seems likely.

"Pedal tone" has a specific definition that isn't affected by how many
valves one has.

Indeed.

Besides, the four valve models I know are piccolo
trumpets another octave away from the pitches in question.

There are also the four rotary valve trumpets, the timbre of which is
even further from Arny's synth files than are regular trumpets. Some
orchestras use them for German literature where darker tone color is
needed.

Are those what the Vienna Philharmonic use?

The fourth valve also extends the range down a P4th; still not
low enough to reach the synth notes in Arny's files.

Lip it down! :-)

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

" wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
"George M. Middius" wrote:
paul packer said:

====================================

And this signifies what, Ludo?

His mouse picked up a huge static charge from his overload of outrage at
MiNe, simultaneously knocking Ludo off his chair and causing his
newsreader to send the message with only one character. Accidents will
happen.

LMAO !

Graham

Burning to know what LMAO means. I bet it's something complimentary.
Ludovic M.

Laugh my ass(arse) off !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
John Atkinson John Atkinson is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote
in message
ups.com
Not only do your "Trumpets"
samples have timbral differences from the sounds of real
trumpets, they include notes that Jenn and Stephen have
both stated can't be played on any real-world trumpet;
both have then presented evidence in support of that
statement. Why do you continue to ignore
that evidence?

I don't ignore it, I discount it. Both of these so-called authorities
have been very fallible in the past.

But all the references that have been given by Jenn and Stephen
support their statements, as does the one website you cited, as
do my music textbooks. A real trumpet can't play the lowest note
in the chords you label as being played by "trumpets."

And why do you claim to be "agnostic" on a subject where
you yourself have full knowledge of the samples'
provenance?

You really need to keep up with the topic, John. It has been
stipulated by me in the very recent past that the provenance
of the samples is fuzzy.

And this is something I still don't understand. Did the files just
appear on your PC? If someone sent them to you, why didn't
you just ask? Your lack of curiosity is peculiar, to say the least.

And again, I don't undetstand why, if the trumpet samples are
actually synthesized, as they appear to be, why you take that
as any kind of reflection on your own competence? All that
matters is that they be suitable for use with your ABX test.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

"Jenn" wrote in message
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
in
message
Jenn wrote:

And yet you claim that the files are of real trumpets.

More evidence that Jenn has no understanding of the word
agnostic.

I rather hope he'd finally stopped making such a
perverse and ridiculous claim !

Of course Jenn is lying. I claim that I don't know
whether the trumpets sample is acoustic or synthed. I
don't know which.

You clearly stated that the files were recordings of real
trumpets.

For the zillionth time:

I don't know whether the trumpets1 sample is acoustic or synthed.

I know.

And yet you are willing to say that *I* am lying.

Remind me of the last time you admitted you were wrong. Was it even in this
century?

Here? Last week.

The whole week? Wow.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:
[...]

A little late to the jean creaming party over having caught
Arny in a mistake....aren't you John?

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bertie the Bunyip Bertie the Bunyip is offline

Eeyore wrote in
:

" wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
"George M. Middius" wrote:
paul packer said:

====================================

And this signifies what, Ludo?

His mouse picked up a huge static charge from his overload of
outrage at MiNe, simultaneously knocking Ludo off his chair and
causing his newsreader to send the message with only one
character. Accidents will happen.

LMAO !

Graham

Burning to know what LMAO means. I bet it's something complimentary.
Ludovic M.

Laugh my ass(arse) off !

Graham

netkkkkopin gfjukkwit

Bertie
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bertie the Bunyip Bertie the Bunyip is offline

Eeyore wrote in
:

Harry Lavo wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Powell" wrote in message

If you spent the time to read the post you would have
noted that Krivis believes that "high-end" home audio
gear is in no way comparable to quality pro equipment."

Usually, its low on required function and vastly overpriced for
what it does and how it does it.

This is simply not true. A list of manufacturers with
high quality construction standards was provided.

Construction methods are only a tiny part of the picture.

However, if I recall correctly, this answer was given in response to
a claim that most home audio gear, even high end, was vastly inferior
in construction quality to pro gear.

Was it about construction quality originally ?

I'm sure high-end audio would be no worse in that respect.

Graham

netkkkkopin gfjukkktard

Bertie

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bertie the Bunyip Bertie the Bunyip is offline

Eeyore wrote in
:

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Arny Krueger wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote

You're totally absurd.

The following is an absurd question:

How many amps can you tell apart by *listening* to their
square wave response ?

I don't know - never tried.

Now tell us how synthesisers make sounds please.

FM or wavetable?

Both ?

Graham

netkkkkopin gfjukkwit

Bertie
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article

om,
Jenn wrote:

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

BTW Jenn how come you never mentioned that 4 valve trumpets can play
"pedal tone" frequencies as normal notes?

Four valve don't play "pedal tones" as normal notes. I wonder if you
misread a reference that showed the extended range of normal notes.

Seems likely.

"Pedal tone" has a specific definition that isn't affected by how many
valves one has.

Indeed.

Besides, the four valve models I know are piccolo
trumpets another octave away from the pitches in question.

There are also the four rotary valve trumpets, the timbre of which is
even further from Arny's synth files than are regular trumpets. Some
orchestras use them for German literature where darker tone color is
needed.

Are those what the Vienna Philharmonic use?

Yep. Lots of British orchestras too. Several U.S. orchestras have now
purchased a set. I was at the L.A. Phil last weekend and they used them
for the Mozart cm Mass.

The fourth valve also extends the range down a P4th; still not
low enough to reach the synth notes in Arny's files.

Lip it down! :-)

WAAAAAAYYYY down! lol
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article EltYg.6274$fl.1786@dukeread08,
"ScottW" wrote:

A little late to the jean creaming party over having caught
Arny in a mistake....aren't you John?

Try to keep up.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:
[...]

??

over having caught
Arny in a mistake....aren't you John?

Speaking only for myself, it's not about catching him in a mistake.
Anyone can make a mistake; it's no big deal. What I find interesting is:
1. His evident inability to admit a mistake in the face of overwhelming
evidence
2. The fact that as a person who accepts money for recording acoustic
music, he can't can't hear when something is so blatantly not acoustic.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Eeyore wrote:
" wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
"George M. Middius" wrote:
paul packer said:

====================================

And this signifies what, Ludo?

His mouse picked up a huge static charge from his overload of outrage at
MiNe, simultaneously knocking Ludo off his chair and causing his
newsreader to send the message with only one character. Accidents will
happen.

LMAO !

Graham

Burning to know what LMAO means. I bet it's something complimentary.
Ludovic M.

Laugh my ass(arse) off !

Graham

I was right. You were grateful.
Ludovic M.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sander deWaal Sander deWaal is offline

"Arny Krueger" said:

If I want to know technical information about music and musical instruments,
I would prefer to check that out with my good friend who has a PhD in music,
or use some standard appropriate reference.

I didn't know that mr. Google (or Goggle) had a PhD in music ;-)

--
"Due knot trussed yore spell chequer two fined awl miss steaks."
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:
[...]

Was it interesting the first time, the 40th time or the 400th time?

2. The fact that as a person who accepts money for recording acoustic
music, he can't can't hear when something is so blatantly not acoustic.

Perhaps he hasn't put himself into the acoustic instruments only box.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:
[...]

People are a never ending source of interest.

2. The fact that as a person who accepts money for recording acoustic
music, he can't can't hear when something is so blatantly not acoustic.

Perhaps he hasn't put himself into the acoustic instruments only box.

Sorry, I don't understand your statement.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message
Arny Krueger wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Arny Krueger wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote

You're totally absurd.

The following is an absurd question:

How many amps can you tell apart by *listening* to
their square wave response ?

I don't know - never tried.

Now tell us how synthesisers make sounds please.

FM or wavetable?

Both ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthesizer

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 03:45:53 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

Harry Lavo wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message
"George M. Middius" wrote:

Poopie is receiving on a very strange frequency.

Leave it be and chat with the (almost) normals.

This from the loon who just posted "accuracy sounds lovely".

It does !

It does however need to be really accurate.

It has to be really accurate of a really lovely performance.

This would be ideal.

Graham

Is this conversation for real?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:48:43 +0200, Sander deWaal
wrote:

George M. Middius cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net
said:

Arnii had the plot ripped out along with that bedraggled collection of
weeds and scrub he calls a "lawn".

"And stop throwing garbage on my lawn!"

You're a very unkind person, Sander. :-)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

paul packer said:

This from the loon who just posted "accuracy sounds lovely".

It does !

It does however need to be really accurate.

It has to be really accurate of a really lovely performance.

This would be ideal.

Is this conversation for real?

Keep in mind that Poopie has one foot in BorgWorld.

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Bull****! Bull****! Bull****!

--

"Christians have to ... work to make the world as loving, just, and supportive as is possible."
A. Krooger, Aug. 2006
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Arny Krueger wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote
Arny Krueger wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote

You're totally absurd.

The following is an absurd question:

How many amps can you tell apart by *listening* to
their square wave response ?

I don't know - never tried.

Now tell us how synthesisers make sounds please.

FM or wavetable?

Both ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthesizer

Evasion.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

paul packer wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Harry Lavo wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote in message
"George M. Middius" wrote:

Poopie is receiving on a very strange frequency.

Leave it be and chat with the (almost) normals.

This from the loon who just posted "accuracy sounds lovely".

It does !

It does however need to be really accurate.

It has to be really accurate of a really lovely performance.

This would be ideal.

Graham

Is this conversation for real?

Why wouldn't it be ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

"George M. Middius" wrote:

paul packer said:

This from the loon who just posted "accuracy sounds lovely".

It does !

It does however need to be really accurate.

It has to be really accurate of a really lovely performance.

This would be ideal.

Is this conversation for real?

Keep in mind that Poopie has one foot in BorgWorld.

Whilst Arny is mad would you mind laying off the idiot talk ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 06:00:30 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

paul packer wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Harry Lavo wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote in message
"George M. Middius" wrote:

Poopie is receiving on a very strange frequency.

Leave it be and chat with the (almost) normals.

This from the loon who just posted "accuracy sounds lovely".

It does !

It does however need to be really accurate.

It has to be really accurate of a really lovely performance.

This would be ideal.

Graham

Is this conversation for real?

Why wouldn't it be ?

Graham

You don't know? Read it again.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

If you're "agnostic" about it, why did you claim that
they are recordings of acoustic trumpet?

What are my most recent statements on the matter, Jenn?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

Arny "discounts" our statements because we don't put up
with false statements about musical matters.

This is obviously an insult. Since Jenn never insults anybody, it is
obviously a forged post.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

Speaking only for myself, it's not about catching him in
a mistake. Anyone can make a mistake; it's no big deal.
What I find interesting is:
1. His evident inability to admit a mistake in the face
of overwhelming evidence
2. The fact that as a person who accepts money for
recording acoustic music, he can't can't hear when
something is so blatantly not acoustic.

This is obviously an insult, actually a collection of them. Since Jenn never
insults anybody, its obviously a forgery.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article lqvYg.6284$fl.1541@dukeread08,
"ScottW" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

"ScottW" wrote:

A little late to the jean creaming party
over having caught
Arny in a mistake....aren't you John?

Speaking only for myself, it's not about catching him
in a mistake. Anyone can make a mistake; it's no big
deal. What I find interesting is:
1. His evident inability to admit a mistake in the
face of overwhelming evidence

Was it interesting the first time, the 40th time or
the 400th time?

People are a never ending source of interest.

Thanks Jenn for admitting that you are intersted in repeating the same
insults 400 or more times.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"John Atkinson" wrote
in message
oups.com
ohn?

Actually, ScottW, I was trying to be conciliatory. I
actually agree with Arny that whether these are real or
fake trumpets doesn't matter if they prove useful in
listening tests. But I am saddened by AK's continuing to
dispute matters that seem to
be well-established fact..

Hey, we got another loser who can't understand the meaning of the word
"agnostic".

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Jenn" wrote

If you're "agnostic" about it, why did you claim that
they are recordings of acoustic trumpet?

What are my most recent statements on the matter, Jenn?

Why do you reply to questions with questions Arny ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Jenn" wrote

Speaking only for myself, it's not about catching him in
a mistake. Anyone can make a mistake; it's no big deal.
What I find interesting is:
1. His evident inability to admit a mistake in the face
of overwhelming evidence
2. The fact that as a person who accepts money for
recording acoustic music, he can't can't hear when
something is so blatantly not acoustic.

This is obviously an insult, actually a collection of them. Since Jenn never
insults anybody, its obviously a forgery.

Like your samples.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

The Krooborg still won't shut up.

If you're "agnostic" about it, why did you claim that
they are recordings of acoustic trumpet?

What are my most recent statements on the matter, Jenn?

The same mincing, quibbling, prevaricative, Krooglish-drenched "debating
trade" garbage you always dump on Usenet.

Arnii, do you think it's just a coincidence that everybody in the world
says you're a sick ****?