Sandman

Default "What's the difference?"

When ABC's Diane Sawyer recently pressed him in an interview about whether
Saddam possessed weapons of mass destruction or merely would have liked to
have them, Dubya replied, "What's the difference?"

Eric Alterman wrote yesterday in the The Nation:

" (Try this, Mr. President: "I shot that man, Your Honor, because he pointed
a gun at me and was about to pull the trigger," or "I shot that man, Your
Honor, because he looked like he was thinking about getting a gun.")"

We've come a long ways from Rummy's "We know where they (WMD) are...."

These are the kind "leadership" qualities that make Dubya somehow
"unbeatable" to some in 2004.

Michael McKelvy

"Sandman" wrote in message
When ABC's Diane Sawyer recently pressed him in an interview about whether
Saddam possessed weapons of mass destruction or merely would have liked to
have them, Dubya replied, "What's the difference?"

Eric Alterman wrote yesterday in the The Nation:

" (Try this, Mr. President: "I shot that man, Your Honor, because he

pointed
a gun at me and was about to pull the trigger," or "I shot that man, Your
Honor, because he looked like he was thinking about getting a gun.")"

We've come a long ways from Rummy's "We know where they (WMD) are...."

These are the kind "leadership" qualities that make Dubya somehow
"unbeatable" to some in 2004.

What makes him unbeatable is that the American public doesn't give a **** if
WMD's are there or not, they think it worth it to oust Saddam and free the
Iraqi people and make the Iranians and Libya start opening up.

Then there's the economy coming back.

malcolm

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message

"Sandman" wrote in message
[...]

and along comes BSE and Downer Cattle totaly out of the blue........

Michael McKelvy

****
if
WMD's are there or not, they think it worth it to oust Saddam and free

the
Iraqi people and make the Iranians and Libya start opening up.

Then there's the economy coming back.

and along comes BSE and Downer Cattle totaly out of the blue........

As I understand it only 10% of American beef is exported and the cows that
have the disease came from Canada.

The rules applying to beef here disallow the use of the tissues that carry
BSE.

The handwringing from countries not allowing American beef into their
countries is silly. In any case this should be over very soon and with
minumum damage.

Sandman

I wrote:

When ABC's Diane Sawyer recently pressed him in an interview about whether
Saddam possessed weapons of mass destruction or merely would have liked to
have them, Dubya replied, "What's the difference?"

Eric Alterman wrote yesterday in the The Nation:

" (Try this, Mr. President: "I shot that man, Your Honor, because he

pointed
a gun at me and was about to pull the trigger," or "I shot that man, Your
Honor, because he looked like he was thinking about getting a gun.")"

We've come a long ways from Rummy's "We know where they (WMD) are...."

These are the kind "leadership" qualities that make Dubya somehow
"unbeatable" to some in 2004.

It was a dark and stormy night....

Karl Rove enters the oval office, finding Dubya seated, swigging a "Bud",
choking on pretzels, and staring bleakly at his empty desk...

Karl: "George, we've got a problem. Dean just picked up another $15 million
plus. It won't play well for us, even in our own media, which dominates 90%
of the market."

George: "What, me worry? $15 million is nothing when you're a movie star."

Karl: "I'm not talking about movie stars, George."

George: "Well, Dean is a big movie star, Karl, or haven't you heard?"

Karl: "What movie star are you talking about, George?"

George: "Well, you, know.... Bond. James Bond. I really liked 007. He
killed a lot of bad guys. I liked his swagger. He should have had a dude
ranch like me in Texas, but he never seemed to be able to mimic the Texas
drawl on cue like I can. Turned out, he was just some wimpy Welshman."

Karl: "I'm not talking about Bond. I'm talking about Dean. Besides, James
Bond killed bad guys with his bare hands. You kill people by just saying
'yes' to Dick, Condoleeza, Donald and Paul."

George: "Heh... heh... (smirk) I meant, uh, (swallowing a pretzel with his
beer) brrrrrrrp..... Dean. James Dean. Not Bond. James Bond."

Karl: "James Dean?"

George: "Yeah, that Dean creep. The one all the girls thought was so cute.
He's dead meat."

Karl: "Well, yes, you could say that James Dean is 'dead meat'. He died in a
car crash in the 1950's at age 24."

George: "He did? Well, that's a relief. Now it'll be a cakewalk beating
Lieberman again."

Karl: "You didn't beat Lieberman. You beat Gore. And most Americans think
Gore beat you, but that you cheated."

George: "Cheated??? Cheated??? Just because my brother and his secretary of
state fixed the Florida election for me, you can't say I cheated. That was
him, not me! **** Gore! **** Lieberman too! And **** all those
unpatriotic Americans who didn't vote for me! God voted for me. That's
what really counts!!!"

Karl: "Let's get back to Dean, George. Like I said, I think we have a
problem..."

George: "What, me worry? Why should some dead movie star be a problem?"

Karl: "I don't think you understand, George."

George: "What's to understand?"

Karl: "I'm talking about Howard Dean. Not James Dean."

George: "Howard Dean. James Dean. What's the difference????"

Michael McKelvy

"Sandman" wrote in message
I wrote:

[...]

Nothing, since both are not going to be President.

Mike Walton

Karl Rove is a tit-for-tat, political strategist who thinks that Ross
Perrot stole the election from George Bush in 1992 -hense, the
absolute zeal to turn Howard Dean into the political candidate who
steals the election from former

frontrunner, John Kerry. Without fail, Republicans repeatedly claim
[chuckle chuckle] that Howard Dean is the best Democratic Candidate,
because if Howard loses, the "Ross Perrot" they need to "steal" the
election back, will not exist.

How stupid are the Democrats? Time will tell.

http://pres.webspace4free.biz/pres.htm