Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default RIP Les Paul

A true musical and technological innovator

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...wQ7FPeiKtJbK8Q
PmtzAD9A23LL00
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

On Aug 13, 9:24�am, Jenn wrote:
A true musical and technological innovator

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...k8tewQ7FPeiKtJ...
PmtzAD9A23LL00

That's very sad indeed. RIP.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article

,

Jenn wrote:

A true musical and technological innovator

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...wQ7FPeiKtJbK8Q
PmtzAD9A23LL00

Just heard on the radio. A giant.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 13 aug., 13:33, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article

,

*Jenn wrote:
A true musical and technological innovator

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...k8tewQ7FPeiKtJ...
PmtzAD9A23LL00

Just heard on the radio. A giant.

Stephen

My guitar gently weeps.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On 13 aug., 13:33, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article

,

*Jenn wrote:
A true musical and technological innovator

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...k8tewQ7FPeiKtJ...
PmtzAD9A23LL00

Just heard on the radio. A giant.

Stephen

My guitar gently weeps.

Yeah, he's dead too. :-(

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Yes, he was. Most people do not realize that he, with wife Mary
Ford, was enormously successful as a pop artist in the postwar/prerock
years, particularly the late 40s and early 50s.

While he did a great deal of technical innovation, most of it either
has not ever been available as a commercial product (Les Paulverizer,
his stage rig of tape looping which was crudely imitated by Robert
Fripp) or was marketed fitfully and unsuccessfully (the low impedance
LP Recording guitar series). No one else really sounded like Les, and
for better or worse no one else really wanted to.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Aug 13, 5:07�pm, Bret L wrote:
�Yes, he was. �Most people do not realize that he, with wife Mary
Ford, was enormously successful as a pop artist in the postwar/prerock
years, particularly the late 40s and early 50s.

Um no, most people realize this.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

On Aug 13, 7:21 pm, vinyl anachronist
wrote:
On Aug 13, 5:07 pm, Bret L wrote:

Yes, he was. Most people do not realize that he, with wife Mary
Ford, was enormously successful as a pop artist in the postwar/prerock
years, particularly the late 40s and early 50s.

Um no, most people realize this.

I bet if you polled 100 people outside a Wal-Mart 99 wouldn't. What's
more interesting is that would also be true of a Guitar Center.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

On Aug 13, 5:07 pm, Bret L wrote:

Yes, he was. Most people do not realize that he, with wife Mary
Ford, was enormously successful as a pop artist in the postwar/prerock
years, particularly the late 40s and early 50s.

Um no, most people realize this.

�I bet if you polled 100 people outside a Wal-Mart 99 wouldn't. What's
more interesting is that would also be true of a Guitar Center.

"Most" people don't hang out in front of Wal-Marts and Guitar Centers.
I'm around a lot of musicians, and an overwhelming amount of them are
familiar with Les Paul and Mary Ford. Thanks for the history lesson,
but it was probably a tad condescending for this crowd.

Les Paul Jenn Audio Opinions 10 July 15th 07 07:13 AM
Thanks Paul Stamler... Garthrr Pro Audio 0 February 19th 04 01:55 AM
R.I.P Paul Pollack PKAAUDIO Pro Audio 1 December 10th 03 01:14 AM
Thanks Paul!!! Paul Vina Car Audio 0 July 3rd 03 03:56 PM