Posted to rec.audio.pro
harryman712

Default Overdubbing problem

Hi everyone. First post, and lovin' this site! Well, my problem is a
REALLY basic newbie question that I can't seem to solve. Please don't
laugh First off, I use Nuendo for my multitracker and an Audiophile
2496 sound card, which is routed through a mixer along with my
synthesizer. Whenever I attempt to record a second track over a track
I've already laid, I get the sound from the first track recorded into
the second one. How do you avoid this problem? Any help anyone can give
me would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
RD Jones

harryman712 wrote:
Hi everyone. First post, and lovin' this site! Well, my problem is a
REALLY basic newbie question that I can't seem to solve. Please don't
laugh First off, I use Nuendo for my multitracker and an Audiophile
2496 sound card, which is routed through a mixer along with my
synthesizer. Whenever I attempt to record a second track over a track
I've already laid, I get the sound from the first track recorded into
the second one. How do you avoid this problem? Any help anyone can give
me would be greatly appreciated.

rtfm

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/steinbe...p/manuals.html

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Grant

Hi everyone. First post, and lovin' this site!

Just so you know, this is a newsgroup not a site. You might be reading and
writing using a site as a portal but most people here use newsreader
software.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ethan Winer

Harry,

Whenever I attempt to record a second track over a track I've already

laid, I get the sound from the first track recorded into the second one. How
do you avoid this problem?

See this:

www.ethanwiner.com/mixer2daw.html

--Ethan