Posted to rec.audio.car
Nick[_4_] Nick[_4_] is offline

Default 1964 impala ss

wat do ya'll recommend i put in a 64 impala ss? keeping the original
radio, i wanna add a head unit that's sleek and discreet, yet hidden,
under the dash. any recommendations? i plan on building a custom box
for a couple of woofers, but just don't know which to buy. thinkin of
memphis. somthin that'll rattle ur hairs. as for the amp? any
suggestions? i wanna try to keep everything lookin as original as
possible. where would be the best place to put some speakers? in the
door? or in the kick panels? how much power do u recommend? capicator?
the main thing is, if u were in my shoes wat would u put in it.
Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

In article , Nick wrote:
wat do ya'll recommend i put in a 64 impala ss? keeping the original
radio, i wanna add a head unit that's sleek and discreet, yet hidden,
under the dash. any recommendations? i plan on building a custom box
for a couple of woofers, but just don't know which to buy. thinkin of
memphis. somthin that'll rattle ur hairs. as for the amp? any
suggestions? i wanna try to keep everything lookin as original as
possible. where would be the best place to put some speakers? in the
door? or in the kick panels? how much power do u recommend? capicator?
the main thing is, if u were in my shoes wat would u put in it.

I'm surprised of the lack of interest here.

Just thinking, was there 8 track back then ??

greg
Posted to rec.audio.car
Adcom Adcom is offline

There's a company out there that makes modern replica old school radios
that fit the dash of those older classic cars.

Google it. They still may be in business.

--
Adcom

Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] Huber55@gmail.com is offline

On Dec 7, 12:03 pm, (GregS) wrote:
In article , (GregS) wrote:
In article ,
Nick wrote:
wat do ya'll recommend i put in a 64 impala ss? keeping the original
radio, i wanna add a head unit that's sleek and discreet, yet hidden,
under the dash. any recommendations? i plan on building a custom box
for a couple of woofers, but just don't know which to buy. thinkin of
memphis. somthin that'll rattle ur hairs. as for the amp? any
suggestions? i wanna try to keep everything lookin as original as
possible. where would be the best place to put some speakers? in the
door? or in the kick panels? how much power do u recommend? capicator?
the main thing is, if u were in my shoes wat would u put in it.

I'm surprised of the lack of interest here.

Just thinking, was there 8 track back then ??

So it was 1965 when introduced !!

We all had those outboard FM tuners and 8 Tracks, then cassettes under
the dash.

greg- Hide quoted text -

Well it kind of depends on the way that you like your music. I like
rock personally so i want really tight bass. So for subs i would go
with memphis or i have found that infinity does sound REALLY nice in a
big sealed box. As for a capacitor i would say my personal preference
is just to get a bigger alternator. As for the deck i really like
Alpine and Pioneer. Since your low end is pretty much takin care of
buy speakers that sound nice on the mids to highs and either buy bass
blockers or buy an EQ or just set the High Pass filter on your deck.
For wiring it just depends on what kind of power you are running and
how big of a wire you need. And for where to put the speakers, kick
panels, i believe give you the best imaging. But it depends on
interior, and a whole host of other things.

Posted to rec.audio.car
ComfortablyNumb ComfortablyNumb is offline

http://www.casmfg.com/index.htm

--
ComfortablyNumb

Posted to rec.audio.car
Nick[_4_] Nick[_4_] is offline

On Dec 7, 1:02 pm, " wrote:
On Dec 7, 12:03 pm, (GregS) wrote:

In article , (GregS) wrote:
In article ,
Nick wrote:
[...]

i was thinkin of a bigger alternator also, which leads me to another
question. i have six 12v batteries sittin in the trunk of my
car(hydraulic purposes), wat would be a way to keep em charged using
the alternator? i don't know how i would wire or wat type of charger
to use.
Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] Huber55@gmail.com is offline

On Dec 7, 3:28 pm, Nick wrote:
On Dec 7, 1:02 pm, " wrote:

On Dec 7, 12:03 pm, (GregS) wrote:

In article , (GregS) wrote:
In article ,
Nick wrote:
[...]

Would a battery isolator work for all of those batteries? And if it
did i would think he would need one hell of a alternator