Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Grant David Grant is offline

Default soundcraft mixers

Has anyone heard the new(ish) EPM or MPM series soundcraft mixers? A
Soundcraft-Canada rep was in our office yesterday promoting them and they
appear to compete with the small Mackies. Wish I'd had a chance to test them
out but as a consulting office we don't have the equipment necessary.

Apparently they have the same preamps all across their product line which,
if they're reputable for a good reason (never heard them myself), puts them
well ahead of Mackie in my books. They're not as sleek looking as the
Mackies, but if the pres and EQ are considerably better I don't think that
matters.

One person here pointed out it looks like they've improved their 1/4"
connectors, finally. The rep referred to big and recent changes in the
Soundcraft management, and something about a new partnership with Neutrik? I
couldn't really hear straight as is usually the case when when I'm feeling
up a new piece of gear.

Comments anyone?

David.