Malcolm Fuller

Default "Music with which I have an intimate acquaintance." was RAT HAS GONE TO THE DOGS

On 2005-03-22 02:31:40 -0500, Stewart Pinkerton said:

Take for instance an audio professional such as John Bowers, a
talented woodwind player who favoured silicon to demonstrate his B&W
speakers. One of his favourite demos was to play live on stage at
Hi-Fi shows, and and switch to a recording played through the
speakers, when the audience of interested audiophiles would not be
able to 'spot the join'. Demonstrations of the sonic accuracy of SS
don't come much clearer than that.................

When Thomas Edison came out with his wax cylinder records, he did a
similar demonstration between a live singer and a cylinder recording of
that singer performing the same song. The crowds of people who were
in audience at these demonstrations also said that they could not
distinguish between the live performance from the recording - or visa
versa. Let's bring back the wax cylinder!

BTW, I have a pair of B&W DM 302s hooked up to my HH Scott 299C tube
amp and they make the perfect combination!

Malcolm