Robert Morein

Default D'Apolitto configuration?

Opinions regarding the use of D'Apolitto for main speakers?

Presumably, it reduces floor and ceiling bounce in the region of
configuration.
The timbre change that occurs with listener height obviously depends upon
the physical layout of the mids and the tweeter. Some modern designs have a
single mid spaced closely to the tweeter. Other modern designs have multiple
mids, some a foot or more away from the tweeter.

I find it surprising that so many physical arrangements continue to exist.
One might think that this element of speaker design would converge, but it
hasn't.

Michael McKelvy

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
Opinions regarding the use of D'Apolitto for main speakers?

Presumably, it reduces floor and ceiling bounce in the region of
configuration.

Correct.

The timbre change that occurs with listener height obviously depends upon
the physical layout of the mids and the tweeter.

And the movement of the listeners head.

Some modern designs have a
single mid spaced closely to the tweeter. Other modern designs have
multiple
mids, some a foot or more away from the tweeter.

I find it surprising that so many physical arrangements continue to exist.
One might think that this element of speaker design would converge, but it
hasn't.

Placement of drivers in well thought out speakers relates to the crossover
frequency and the size of the driver. Sound tends to beam when the
wavelength approaches the size of the driver.

As good as the MTM configuration is for stereo listening, it is not good for
a horizontally placed center channel, yet they seem to dominate the market.

A coax or 3 way seems better suited.

D'Apolitto configuration? Robert Morein Audio Opinions 4 November 18th 04 08:13 PM
din cable pin configuration Tony Fling Car Audio 0 February 29th 04 03:07 PM
Advice apprecciated for a new recording I/O configuration Ivo Pro Audio 0 February 23rd 04 01:00 PM
Configuration Hektor Mesta Car Audio 37 December 23rd 03 01:54 AM
Bi-Amp Configuration Help robin Tech 0 October 28th 03 11:40 PM