James Nipper

Default CD Read Error on Jeep Cd changer

I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Affinity sound system. Over a
period of time, the changer is giving read errors on random cds. I have
cleaned the laser head with the cd disk cleaner, and have run many tests,
making sure that the cds are ok and can be played ok on other players. The
read errors are random, but appear to be getting worse. I can only assume
that I need a new changer.

Are there any other tests that I can do before I buy a new changer?

Is it very difficult to change this changer on this car (if any of you
know).

Thanks for any tips !!

--James--

Pooh Bear

James Nipper wrote:

I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Affinity sound system. Over a
period of time, the changer is giving read errors on random cds. I have
cleaned the laser head with the cd disk cleaner, and have run many tests,
making sure that the cds are ok and can be played ok on other players. The
read errors are random, but appear to be getting worse. I can only assume
that I need a new changer.

Are there any other tests that I can do before I buy a new changer?

Is it very difficult to change this changer on this car (if any of you
know).

It could be a servo needing re-adjustment.

It needs to come out to fix anyway.

Graham