Rob Adelman

Default New Hammond B-3 ?

"On the album he plays a prototype of a new B-3, the classic stand-up
console the Hammond Suzuki company is starting to manufacture again
after a 25-year hiatus."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=769&ncid=768&e=2&u=/nm/20030725/music_nm/music_defrancesco_dc

Analogeezer

Rob Adelman wrote in message ...
"On the album he plays a prototype of a new B-3, the classic stand-up
console the Hammond Suzuki company is starting to manufacture again
after a 25-year hiatus."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=769&ncid=768&e=2&u=/nm/20030725/music_nm/music_defrancesco_dc

If you want to check out some cool B3 based trio stuff, you should
hear Niacin. Rythym section is Dennis Chambers and Billy
Sheehan...holy ****!

Analogeezer
Moran, Doug - Denison

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Rob Adelman wrote:

"On the album he plays a prototype of a new B-3, the classic stand-up
console the Hammond Suzuki company is starting to manufacture again
after a 25-year hiatus."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=769&ncid=768&e=2&u=/nm/20030725/music_nm/music_defrancesco_dc

Saw a performance last week with Tony Monaco, and he had a new B3 and a
pair of tall Leslies. He told me the B3 and the Leslies were brand new.
I was surprised they were making them again.

Looked and sounded great!

Doug

Mike Gilmour

The reduction in weight must be good news to all those musos who hauled
their original B3's to gigs in years past. Digital tone wheels I'd expected
(weight saver too) but what about the Leslies - are they now digitally
simulated or do they still spin?

Mike

"crow" wrote in message

"Analogeezer" wrote in message
om...
Rob Adelman wrote in message

"On the album he plays a prototype of a new B-3, the classic stand-up
console the Hammond Suzuki company is starting to manufacture again
after a 25-year hiatus."

FYI: The new B3 uses Digital Tone Wheels. Mike Torsone tells me that it
sounds "right", though. I'm still not giving up my A100s.

jepp

philicorda

"Mike Gilmour" wrote in message
The reduction in weight must be good news to all those musos who hauled
their original B3's to gigs in years past. Digital tone wheels I'd

expected
(weight saver too) but what about the Leslies - are they now digitally
simulated or do they still spin?

The leslies are real, spinny, and valve.
One interesting thing about it is that they still use 9 key contacts and bus
bars.
The 'key click' is real key click!

Hans van Dongen

Rob Adelman wrote:
"On the album he plays a prototype of a new B-3, the classic stand-up
console the Hammond Suzuki company is starting to manufacture again
after a 25-year hiatus."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=769&ncid=768&e=2&u=/nm/20030725/music_nm/music_defrancesco_dc

check out the full colour brochure in glorious pdf at:

http://www.suzuki-music.co.jp/en/pdf/newb-3.pdf

I can imagine:
"Yeah, they're okay. but for that REAL B3 sound you just
gotta have one 'a them old ones"

Hans

--
===========================

"This is a non-profit organisation
We didn't plan it that way, but it is."

Ben Bradley

In rec.audio.pro, Rob Adelman wrote:

"On the album he plays a prototype of a new B-3, the classic stand-up
console the Hammond Suzuki company is starting to manufacture again
after a 25-year hiatus."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=769&ncid=768&e=2&u=/nm/20030725/music_nm/music_defrancesco_dc

"The new one is identical in look and feel, but is about 50 pounds
lighter!"

Just how much did the original weigh? It seems to me that 50 pounds
lighter would be barely noticable...

Mike Gilmour

"Hans van Dongen" wrote in message

I can imagine:
"Yeah, they're okay. but for that REAL B3 sound you just
gotta have one 'a them old ones"

Hans

Aye, back then the sun was brighter, skies were bluer. But if their speil
is right 'the new B3 and the old B3 indistinguishable in sound and
performance' then they've got a winner. A weighty responsibility though (no
pun intended) relaunching this classic. Sort of like remastering Dstm -
you've gotta make it better or you'll never be forgiven...ever

bill turner

In article ,
"Mike Gilmour" wrote:

"Hans van Dongen" wrote in message

I can imagine:
"Yeah, they're okay. but for that REAL B3 sound you just
gotta have one 'a them old ones"

Hans

Aye, back then the sun was brighter, skies were bluer. But if their speil
is right 'the new B3 and the old B3 indistinguishable in sound and
performance' then they've got a winner. A weighty responsibility though (no
pun intended) relaunching this classic. Sort of like remastering Dstm -
you've gotta make it better or you'll never be forgiven...ever

I didn't see the "percussion" control option. And I don't know if I
could live without the tacked-on Leslie "swell" handle. But somehow, I'm
just itching to try these new ones!

"Check the oil, babe, we got a gig tonight!"

-- bill
Dale Farmer

philicorda wrote:

"Mike Gilmour" wrote in message
The reduction in weight must be good news to all those musos who hauled
their original B3's to gigs in years past. Digital tone wheels I'd

expected
(weight saver too) but what about the Leslies - are they now digitally
simulated or do they still spin?

The leslies are real, spinny, and valve.
One interesting thing about it is that they still use 9 key contacts and bus
bars.
The 'key click' is real key click!

Glad to hear that. I was rolling one across the stage at a festival this past
weekend, and it was flexing and wobbling so much I was afraid it
was going to collapse on me.

--Dale

Erik Gavriluk

Rob Adelman wrote in message news:

"On the album he plays a prototype of a new B-3, the classic stand-up
console the Hammond Suzuki company is starting to manufacture again
after a 25-year hiatus."

Price is something like $20,000+ for the B-3 and $14,000+ for the
"portable" version.

--Erik
Rob Adelman

Erik Gavriluk wrote:

Price is something like $20,000+ for the B-3 and $14,000+ for the
"portable" version.

Ouch!

Hammond A100 Tom Garneau Pro Audio 4 July 19th 03 02:06 AM
Hammond part II Tommy Bowen Pro Audio 8 July 7th 03 10:59 PM