Posted to rec.audio.pro
Max Max is offline

Default nt2-a capsule

I really liked the sound of the nt1-a and was planning to buy one.
However I saw the nt2-a and the extra omni pattern and was wondering
if the nt2-a cardioid sounds as good as the 1-a. If anyone could
comment or has a mic comparison that would be great.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
anahata anahata is offline

Max wrote:
I really liked the sound of the nt1-a and was planning to buy one.
However I saw the nt2-a and the extra omni pattern and was wondering
if the nt2-a cardioid sounds as good as the 1-a. If anyone could
comment or has a mic comparison that would be great.

I'm sure the NT2A is a generally better mic than the NT1A. The only
exception would be if the NT1A does some magic with your voice (or some
other particular thing you're recording) that doesn't happen with other
mics.

The NT1A is an exceptionally low noise mic, so if you're recording
something very quiet from a distance, that could be useful.

--
Anahata
-+- http://www.treewind.co.uk
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Max wrote:
I really liked the sound of the nt1-a and was planning to buy one.
However I saw the nt2-a and the extra omni pattern and was wondering
if the nt2-a cardioid sounds as good as the 1-a. If anyone could
comment or has a mic comparison that would be great.

The NT2A is a significantly different capsule and sound. The capsule is the
same as in the K2, and that seems less peaky and most extended at both ends.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 13:40:48 -0500, Max wrote
(in article .com):

I really liked the sound of the nt1-a and was planning to buy one.
However I saw the nt2-a and the extra omni pattern and was wondering
if the nt2-a cardioid sounds as good as the 1-a. If anyone could
comment or has a mic comparison that would be great.

better in my opinion.

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RZJ9MptZmU

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Deputy Dumbya Dawg Deputy Dumbya Dawg is offline

I put a pair of the NT1's up as overheads in place of
MXL 603S's and I am really liking them.

peace
dawg

"Max" wrote in message
oups.com...
:I really liked the sound of the nt1-a and was planning
to buy one.
: However I saw the nt2-a and the extra omni pattern
and was wondering
: if the nt2-a cardioid sounds as good as the 1-a. If
anyone could
: comment or has a mic comparison that would be great.
:

Posted to rec.audio.pro
max rock max rock is offline

On Feb 4, 1:40 pm, "Max" wrote:
I really liked the sound of the nt1-a and was planning to buy one.
However I saw the nt2-a and the extra omni pattern and was wondering
if the nt2-a cardioid sounds as good as the 1-a. If anyone could
comment or has a mic comparison that would be great.

You can hear one on male vox on a project I mixed at www .myspace.com/
borrowedtimerecords.

Also used as room mic when tracking drums on this project.

max rock

Anyone use the M1 capsule for oktava 012? Nate Najar Pro Audio 0 June 18th 05 06:17 AM
mytek adc96.matched pair of gefell umt800,and gefell mk202 capsule mr.gefell Pro Audio 0 February 12th 05 02:59 PM
C414EB capsule switch Lars Pro Audio 4 May 18th 04 09:49 PM
C414EB capsule switch Lars Pro Audio 0 May 18th 04 10:27 AM
B.L.U.E. B-7 capsule? rickymix Pro Audio 3 March 4th 04 09:34 PM