Posted to rec.audio.high-end
markm75 markm75 is offline

Default TrueHD passing sound cards or video/sound card combos out there?

I'm ultimately trying for the home theatre PC setup..

I have powerDVD for playing back the audio and video (which in
comparison to my DVD player at least visually, to me looks identical,
i'm guessing the regular DD 5.1 audio is the same quality too)...

This powerDVD v7 ultra says it can handle trueHD (what does this
mean)..

Can i somehow, hook up my PC to an HDMI/TrueHD decoding receiver and
get TrueHD from either original BluRay discs or from the ripped
content on the drive itself?

I noticed on one newer HP pavilion that it lists HDMI audio in the
audio properties which puzzles me.. as it uses a geforce 8400 series
card.. does this mean the onboard audio has an interconnect to the
video card, to allow audio to go through the hdmi somehow?

Do they make similar video card/audio card devices that can
interconnect if this is the case.. or will this have to wait until the
day audio and video merge (never?)..

Frustrating, but i'm seeking an option to basically emulate a good
commerical bluray/dvd player with full audio support via the PC...

The other option may just be to go with a SageHD TV box or the pop
corn hour, which supposidly support BluRay and DVD harddrive copies
with TrueHD too (?)

Thanks in advance.

creative sound x-fi sound card vs cd player [email protected] Audio Opinions 6 February 3rd 07 06:26 PM
Sound Cards Michael Pro Audio 30 November 23rd 05 04:37 PM
Sound cards Marcos Marrero High End Audio 7 April 3rd 04 06:05 PM
New video card interfering with my Audiophile 2496 sound card Gilden Man General 3 December 12th 03 03:12 PM
sound cards Davo General 1 October 17th 03 01:31 PM