Mike ahern

Default Sony SACD 777ES

Dear Fellow Audiophiles:

I am having trouble with my Sony SACD 777ES, and have heard tell of
trouble with this unit before, true or not. It malfunctions now in
two ways:

1. It has adopted the tendency to read regular CDs as SACD and
subsequently refuses to play them;

2. It reads a regualr CD as a CD but then hangs on the "TOC reading"
process for an unusually long time, then stops that process and
displays the message, "No Disc".

This is a new, out-of-the-blue development and has rendered the unit
useless.

Do any of you have experience with this problem? If so, can you
please provide me guidance about the best way to address the problem?

I am truly grateful for any advice or guidance. If you are anything
like me, problems with my precious stereo disrupt my sense of
wellbeing!

I sincerely appreciate any feedback you might have.

Best regards,

Mike Ahern
San Francisco
Harry Lavo

Mike -

This has been extensively discussed on Audio Asylum (Hi-Rez). Do a search
there and you can get lots of info/perspectives/reports from others who have
received repairs by Sony. The general consensus is that SONY will fix them,
but it might take awhile.

Harry