Posted to rec.audio.car
wolfyjy

Default Sony Head unit / phoenix gold problem

I have a phoenix gold ZX475ti amp connected to a sony head unit. I have
had it working great for a week but now when i wind up the amp, the
head unit shuts down. I have checked that the power going to the head
unit doesn't dip and the remote amp switch on is not the problem.
I can turn down the input sensitivity on the amp and turn the volume up
more on the head unit.
I cannot fathom whether the head unit is to blame or the amp. It's
doing my nut in !

has anyone had this problem or can anyone shed some light on this ?

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma

"wolfyjy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a phoenix gold ZX475ti amp connected to a sony head unit. I have
had it working great for a week but now when i wind up the amp, the
head unit shuts down. I have checked that the power going to the head
unit doesn't dip and the remote amp switch on is not the problem.
I can turn down the input sensitivity on the amp and turn the volume up
more on the head unit.
I cannot fathom whether the head unit is to blame or the amp. It's
doing my nut in !

has anyone had this problem or can anyone shed some light on this ?

When you say "shut down", how is it doing it?
Is the display still on and you have no sound or
is the unit losing power where nothing is on?

Posted to rec.audio.car
wolfyjy

e-nigma wrote:
"wolfyjy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a phoenix gold ZX475ti amp connected to a sony head unit. I have
had it working great for a week but now when i wind up the amp, the
head unit shuts down. I have checked that the power going to the head
unit doesn't dip and the remote amp switch on is not the problem.
I can turn down the input sensitivity on the amp and turn the volume up
more on the head unit.
I cannot fathom whether the head unit is to blame or the amp. It's
doing my nut in !

has anyone had this problem or can anyone shed some light on this ?

When you say "shut down", how is it doing it?
Is the display still on and you have no sound or
is the unit losing power where nothing is on?

the head unit display is off, and the only way to reset it is to
disconnect the 12v supply momentarily before reconnecting it. the amp
stays powered. this only happens when the amp is pushed to past the
half way on the volume. i can't help thinking this is a power problem.
Other similar postings suggest a duff speaker or speaker grounding
problem, but i can't see that being the problem

Posted to rec.audio.car
spr

the head unit display is off, and the only way to reset it is to
disconnect the 12v supply momentarily before reconnecting it. the amp
stays powered. this only happens when the amp is pushed to past the
half way on the volume. i can't help thinking this is a power problem.
Other similar postings suggest a duff speaker or speaker grounding
problem, but i can't see that being the problem

unplug the rca inputs to the amp, then turn the volume up on the head unit
again(no sound) and see if it still cuts off. then try with the remote
disconnected from the amp,ie amp off.

what happens then?