nmore

Default Amp recommendation?

Have an xtant x603 powering Focal 165Ws and a BA Pro sub in back; the xtant
just doesn't have enough juice to properly drive the Focals. On a budget
this time around; anyone know of a good, quiet 2-ch amp that can put out a
*true* 100wps CONTINUOUS @ 4 ohms (or 200w peak) and still not break the
bank? The xtant can still run the sub, but I really want to get the
great-sounding but super-inefficient Focals going right.

cujo613

U CAN FIND ZAPCO AND MEMPHIS PRETTY CHEAP

--
cujo613

nmore

Don't know the Memphis brand, but there's only 2 or 3 Zapcos that meet the
2-ch 100wpc @ 4 ohms continuous power criteria (assuming that Zapco
publishes peak output numbers like everyone else); all are usually priced
over a grand retail. I've looked at Zapco's C2K-9.0XD before, but the thing
usually goes for around $1600 new on the internet.

"cujo613" wrote in message

U CAN FIND ZAPCO AND MEMPHIS PRETTY CHEAP

--
cujo613
cujo613's Profile:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...fo&userid=2284
View this thread:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/s...threadid=11931

cujo613

You can always find one out of the ag line pretty cheap

--
cujo613

Steve Grauman

anyone know of a good, quiet 2-ch amp that can put out a *true* 100wps
CONTINUOUS @ 4 ohms (or 200w peak) and still not break the bank?

You can look at:
Zapco Reference Series 350; 100x2 @ 4 OHMS
Pioneer GM-X374; 100x2 @4 OHMS
Eclipse PA4212; 140x2 @4 OHMS
I'm fairly sure that Phoenix Gold, Alpine, JL Audio, Diamond Audio, and several
other reputable companies makes an amp that'll fit your needs. I just don't
have their brochures right here next to me.