Posted to rec.audio.pro
Karl Engel Karl Engel is offline

Default Extracting midi from vocal melody - Melodyne?

I've been approached to work on a project which will involve taking various
dialogue pieces and trying to show the "musicality" (or lack thereof) of the
work irrespective of the words.

I've used Melodyne Essential which came with my PTLE to graphically express
the pitch variations, but I really want to extract the midi data and have
the subtle melodies of the spoken voice played by different instruments, or
eg a human choir singing "Ahhh' which I have ready to go.
I realise quantising to the nearest full note will be required.

Melodyne has done all the hard work, extracting the pitch, timing and
velocities, but it surprises me there seems no way to export this data as
midi; there are no references to this in the manual or a quick read of the
descriptions of the more fully featured versions of Melodyne on Celemony's
website.

It's been a few years since I worked with midi in any detail, and then it
was in Sonar, so I'm pretty rusty on virtual instruments in any case.

If Melodyne can't do this, please suggest what can.

Tube replacements for Melody SP3 Lance Hoffmeyer High End Audio 0 September 25th 07 04:18 AM
Extracting specific tracks from imported MIDI files [email protected] Pro Audio 7 October 28th 06 03:47 AM
extracting vocal from CD Dewitt Pro Audio 11 May 1st 06 09:13 PM
FS: Melodyne Kaiser Pro Audio 0 August 12th 05 10:49 PM
FS: DIGITECH MV-5 MIDI VOCALIST VOCAL HARMONY PROCESSOR Mark Glinsky Pro Audio 0 August 12th 03 08:00 PM