Sandman

Default "Shock and Awe"

Profiteering and the Rising Cost of the Iraq War

TACOMA, WA--Governor Dean issued the following statement about the
increasing cost of the Iraq war and new revelations of war profiteering:

"Little did we know that the real 'Shock and Awe' campaign being conducted
by the Bush administration was right here at home.

"Are we shocked any more that the Bush Administration pushed the price tag
for this war above $200 billion yesterday?

"Are we in awe that the latest $50 billion for the war will come on top of
the outrageous half-trillion dollar deficit the President is already running
up next year?

"Are we shocked that large corporate interests close to the President are
making out like bandits? That on top of overcharging for gas and engaging in
kickbacks, Halliburton now stands accused of overcharging the U.S. military
$16 million for meals?

"No, the real shock and awe is that too many in Washington failed to stand
up to the President to stop this misguided war in the first place, failed to
ask the tough questions when funding it, and today fail to launch the
necessary investigations into the manipulation of intelligence, the
misleading of the American people and the excessive war profiteering that
has run rampant through this whole war."

Shaun

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 20:45:43 GMT, "Sandman"
wrote:

Profiteering and the Rising Cost of the Iraq War

TACOMA, WA--Governor Dean

WHO ?
Michael McKelvy

"Sandman" wrote in message
Profiteering and the Rising Cost of the Iraq War

TACOMA, WA--Governor Dean issued the following statement about the
increasing cost of the Iraq war and new revelations of war profiteering:

"Little did we know that the real 'Shock and Awe' campaign being conducted
by the Bush administration was right here at home.

Stealing every Democrat issue?

"Are we shocked any more that the Bush Administration pushed the price tag
for this war above $200 billion yesterday?

Why would a democrat complain about overspending. they pretty much invented
it.

"Are we in awe that the latest $50 billion for the war will come on top of
the outrageous half-trillion dollar deficit the President is already

running
up next year?

Shouln't be it's a smal % of GDP. The % was much higher in WWII.

"Are we shocked that large corporate interests close to the President are
making out like bandits?

People make profits, gasp. Why can't everybody just marry into money like
Kerry?

That on top of overcharging for gas and engaging in
kickbacks, Halliburton now stands accused of overcharging the U.S.

military
$16 million for meals?

Beating that dead horse again?

"No, the real shock and awe is that too many in Washington failed to stand
up to the President to stop this misguided war in the first place, failed

ask the tough questions when funding it, and today fail to launch the
necessary investigations into the manipulation of intelligence, the
misleading of the American people and the excessive war profiteering that
has run rampant through this whole war."

Why should there be an investigation into something that never happened?

Dean: The Mental Patient
Kerry: The Gigolo
Clark: The Idiot General fired by Clinton
Edwards: The Ambualnce Chaser
Sharpton: The Convicted Slanderer

Sander deWaal

"Michael McKelvy" said:

Clark: The Idiot General fired by Clinton

Well, if *that* isn't a recommendation, I don't know what is.
Seen from my safe corner of the world, Wesley Clark seems to be the
most reasonable person among the Democrat candidates.
But judging from the level of candidates, it's likely that nov. 2004
will show us a Republican president again.

All is OK now, I'll return to my usual program of afternoon snoozing.

--
Sander deWaal
Vacuum Audio Consultancy
Michael McKelvy

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message
"Michael McKelvy" said:

Clark: The Idiot General fired by Clinton

Well, if *that* isn't a recommendation, I don't know what is.
Seen from my safe corner of the world, Wesley Clark seems to be the
most reasonable person among the Democrat candidates.

Then you need to investigate further.

But judging from the level of candidates, it's likely that nov. 2004
will show us a Republican president again.

Given that they are all liars I'd agree.

All is OK now, I'll return to my usual program of afternoon snoozing.

Nice dreams.
--
Sander deWaal
Vacuum Audio Consultancy

Jacob Kramer

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message ...

Dean: The Mental Patient
Kerry: The Gigolo
Clark: The Idiot General fired by Clinton
Edwards: The Ambualnce Chaser
Sharpton: The Convicted Slanderer

Don't forget

Bush: The Deserter
Sandman

"Jacob Kramer" wrote in message
om...
"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message

Dean: The Mental Patient
Kerry: The Gigolo
Clark: The Idiot General fired by Clinton
Edwards: The Ambualnce Chaser
Sharpton: The Convicted Slanderer

Don't forget

Bush: The Deserter

Wolfowitz: The Goblin
Rumsfeld: The Werewolf
Cheney: The Vampire
Rove: The Slug

Michael McKelvy

"Jacob Kramer" wrote in message
om...
"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message

Dean: The Mental Patient
Kerry: The Gigolo
Clark: The Idiot General fired by Clinton
Edwards: The Ambualnce Chaser
Sharpton: The Convicted Slanderer

Don't forget

Bush: The Deserter

Yet another Democrat lie.

Michael McKelvy

"Sandman" wrote in message

"Jacob Kramer" wrote in message
om...
"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message

Dean: The Mental Patient
Kerry: The Gigolo
Clark: The Idiot General fired by Clinton
Edwards: The Ambualnce Chaser
Sharpton: The Convicted Slanderer

Don't forget

Bush: The Deserter

Wolfowitz: The Goblin
Rumsfeld: The Werewolf
Cheney: The Vampire
Rove: The Slug

At least my assesments had teh ring of truth, yours are just name calling.
Typical.

Jacob Kramer

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message ...
"Jacob Kramer" wrote in message
om...
"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message

Dean: The Mental Patient
Kerry: The Gigolo
Clark: The Idiot General fired by Clinton
Edwards: The Ambualnce Chaser
Sharpton: The Convicted Slanderer

Don't forget

Bush: The Deserter

Yet another Democrat lie.

So much for releasing everything, which Bush falsely told Tim Russert
he had already done:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=676&e=7&u=/usatoday/exofficerbushfilesdetailscausedconcern

Why do you think his answers about arrests and convictions on his
initial Guard application are still blacked out?

Jodster

Because it explains the cocaine charge??

Peace,

Jodster

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...atoday/exoffic
erbushfilesdetailscausedconcern

Why do you think his answers about arrests and convictions on his
initial Guard application are still blacked out?

Michael McKelvy

"Jacob Kramer" wrote in message
om...
"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message

"Jacob Kramer" wrote in message
om...
"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message

Dean: The Mental Patient
Kerry: The Gigolo
Clark: The Idiot General fired by Clinton
Edwards: The Ambualnce Chaser
Sharpton: The Convicted Slanderer

Don't forget

Bush: The Deserter

Yet another Democrat lie.

So much for releasing everything, which Bush falsely told Tim Russert
he had already done:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...atoday/exoffic
erbushfilesdetailscausedconcern

Why do you think his answers about arrests and convictions on his
initial Guard application are still blacked out?

You'd have to ask the people who blocked them out.

Michael McKelvy

"Jacob Kramer" wrote in message
om...
"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message

"Jacob Kramer" wrote in message
om...
"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message

Dean: The Mental Patient
Kerry: The Gigolo
Clark: The Idiot General fired by Clinton
Edwards: The Ambualnce Chaser
Sharpton: The Convicted Slanderer

Don't forget

Bush: The Deserter

Yet another Democrat lie.

So much for releasing everything, which Bush falsely told Tim Russert
he had already done:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...atoday/exoffic
erbushfilesdetailscausedconcern

Why do you think his answers about arrests and convictions on his
initial Guard application are still blacked out?

The news today is that he's ordered all of it to be released.