Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Victor Atkins

Default FA: Four Cable Isolators

FA: Four Cable Isolators on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...OMOBOX:NEWLIST

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
John Durbin

that may be the funniest-looking and most idiotic snake oil product I've
ever seen and I've been kicking around the audio business since '77.

JD

Victor Atkins wrote:

FA: Four Cable Isolators on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...OMOBOX:NEWLIST

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Agent_C

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 05:39:32 GMT, John Durbin
wrote:

that may be the funniest-looking and most idiotic snake oil product I've
ever seen and I've been kicking around the audio business since '77.

Hey, if you paid $2,000 for a 10-foot pair of speaker cables, you
wouldn't want those precious electrons to stray into the carpet and
muddy up the bass, now would you?

A_C

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace

wrote:

that may be the funniest-looking and most idiotic snake oil product I've
ever seen and I've been kicking around the audio business since '77.

Then you haven't seen the $500 wooden volume knob, or the dime size
foil stickers, that improve the sound by "dampening the field-effect
resonance".

Do a Google Groups search for "Share Your Snake Oil Story". There was
a great thread here last year discussing this stuff.

Actually, here it is: http://tinyurl.com/jaf4c

A_C

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
TonyP

Victor Atkins wrote:

FA: Four Cable Isolators on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...OMOBOX:NEWLIST

While I have to agree with you, anyone can test this "theory". Stick
anything under you cables and listen. I would have to say that you will
not hear anything different in the sound.

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
TonyP

roughplanet wrote:

"TonyP" wrote in message

John Durbin wrote:

Victor Atkins wrote:

FA: Four Cable Isolators on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...OMOBOX:NEWLIST

that may be the funniest-looking and most idiotic snake oil product I've
ever seen and I've been kicking around the audio business since '77.

While I have to agree with you, anyone can test this "theory". Stick
anything under you cables and listen. I would have to say that you will
not hear anything different in the sound.

Hmmm. My 24 carat gold speaker cable isolators (Aurum Aural Amplifiers),
which look like mini high tension cable towers, definitely give an
improvement in the sound, with much better instrument separation, deeper
sound stage, greater bass extension & better all round clarity.
Sure, they're not cheap (US$1800 per set of 6) but nothing that works
usually is. Why not give them a try? They are (or were) available on the
'net from a company in California. Well worth the money IMO.

I can think of better things to spend my money on that those. This has
got to be a joke. Right?

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
roughplanet

"TonyP" wrote in message

roughplanet wrote:

"TonyP" wrote in message

John Durbin wrote:

Victor Atkins wrote:

[...]

Yeah, you got me :-).

ruff

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
bassett

"roughplanet" wrote in message
"TonyP" wrote in message

roughplanet wrote:

"TonyP" wrote in message

John Durbin wrote:

Victor Atkins wrote:

[...]

Christ, they don't only sell Snake oil, Now it comes with ****'in stands.
What a load of rubbish, and you really believe people will go along with
this,,, Actually, you not very good at describing this little scam, are you.
anyone with an experience, would have also said, that it added more colour
to the sound..

You really should post this on http://www.Audioenz.co.nz that lot really
lap up this sort of ****.

bassett