Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
New York Visitor New York Visitor is offline

Default New York Reputable dealers

I am on holiday in New York in the next couple of days and want to use
it as an opportunty to pick up quality second hand equipment from
reputable dealers to ship to the UK. Would anyone recommend dealers
that I should visit.

Thanks
Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Agent_C Agent_C is offline

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:32:13 -0700 (PDT), New York Visitor
wrote:

I am on holiday in New York in the next couple of days and want to use
it as an opportunty to pick up quality second hand equipment from
reputable dealers to ship to the UK. Would anyone recommend dealers
that I should visit.

Almost none left, as the Internet is such an ideal venue for used hifi
equipment.

Stereo Exchange
627 Broadway
New York, NY 10012
(212) 505-1111

Park Avenue Audio (Limited selection)
425 Park Ave S # 2
New York, NY 10016
(212) 685-8101

Canal HiFi (Kind of a dump)
319 Canal St
New York, NY 10013
212-925-6575

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Kalman Rubinson Kalman Rubinson is offline

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 21:47:42 -0400, DVD wrote:

New York Visitor wrote:

I am on holiday in New York in the next couple of days and want to use
it as an opportunty to pick up quality second hand equipment from
reputable dealers to ship to the UK. Would anyone recommend dealers
that I should visit.

Thanks

Stereo Exchange is the only one I'd recommend.

I was there recently. Not much, if anything, second hand any more.

Kal

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace

On 28 Mar, 01:47, DVD wrote:
New York Visitor wrote:
I am on holiday in New York in the next couple of days and want to use
it as an opportunty to pick up quality second hand equipment from
reputable dealers to ship to the UK. Would anyone recommend dealers
that I should visit.

Thanks

Stereo Exchange is the only one I'd recommend.

Don't give your money to anyone on Canal Street or in midtown.

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Tim Schwartz Tim Schwartz is offline

New York Visitor wrote:
I am on holiday in New York in the next couple of days and want to use
it as an opportunty to pick up quality second hand equipment from
reputable dealers to ship to the UK. Would anyone recommend dealers
that I should visit.

Thanks

Hello,

I'd have to overall agree with the other 2 posters. The only other
though that I could add is that many better dealers often have a few
trade-ins or demo sales, so you can consult with as many of then as you
have the time for. If you are willing to cross the Hudson River into
New Jersey, then you might call:

The Sound Exchange
76 West Main Street
Somerville, NJ 08876
phone: +1-908-725-7633

They are probably not more than an hour from NYC, depending where in
NYC you are. I'd call ahead to make sure that they have the type of
items you are hoping for.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Agent_C Agent_C is offline

Almost forgot: http://www.audioclassics.com/

A healthy drive northward, but immense selection, specializing in
McIntosh and other American made audio.

A_C