Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Agent_C Agent_C is offline

Default Asinine eBay Listing of The Day...

http://tinyurl.com/uagtr

At least 15 years old, tattered, with visibly rotted surrounds on the
woofers. Yet... the seller says: "NEW Never used".

Scary that he has 100% positive feedback.

A_C

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
John Durbin John Durbin is offline

You'd think somewhere along the way to 1680 feedback he'd have learned
to use a camera better, too.

JD

Agent_C wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/uagtr

At least 15 years old, tattered, with visibly rotted surrounds on the
woofers. Yet... the seller says: "NEW Never used".

Scary that he has 100% positive feedback.

A_C

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
WindsorFox WindsorFox is offline

Agent_C wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/uagtr

At least 15 years old, tattered, with visibly rotted surrounds on the
woofers. Yet... the seller says: "NEW Never used".

Scary that he has 100% positive feedback.

A_C

" I have been told that the foam has disintegrated a
bit." You've 'been told'??? Maybe that's why the pics are
blurry, this guy is blind! For $450 I would bet double that
amount that the old Wharfdale's or the Altec Santana's I
have will out play those Infinity's even if they were brand new.

--

"wow you guys are still in business ?

I still have all of your ip ranges in my "firewalled
until second coming of christ" list. The antics and
lies of your esteemed CEO saw to that." - Some *******
Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
H. Adam Stevens H. Adam Stevens is offline

I have a pair of Small Advent speakers that I bought new in 1969 in front of
me.
I'm listening to them. They sound fine.
Pulling off the grill cloth, the woofer suspension is intact.

I nominate this for Asinine Listing of the Week.

"WindsorFox" wrote in message
Agent_C wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/uagtr

At least 15 years old, tattered, with visibly rotted surrounds on the
woofers. Yet... the seller says: "NEW Never used".

Scary that he has 100% positive feedback.

A_C

" I have been told that the foam has disintegrated a bit." You've
'been told'??? Maybe that's why the pics are blurry, this guy is blind!
For $450 I would bet double that amount that the old Wharfdale's or the
Altec Santana's I have will out play those Infinity's even if they were
brand new.

--

"wow you guys are still in business ?

I still have all of your ip ranges in my "firewalled
until second coming of christ" list. The antics and
lies of your esteemed CEO saw to that." - Some *******

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
graham graham is offline

Agent_C wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/uagtr

At least 15 years old, tattered, with visibly rotted surrounds on the
woofers. Yet... the seller says: "NEW Never used".

Scary that he has 100% positive feedback.

A_C

" I have been told that the foam has disintegrated a bit." You've 'been
told'??? Maybe that's why the pics are blurry, this guy is blind! For $450 I would
bet double that amount that the old Wharfdale's or the Altec Santana's I have will
out play those Infinity's even if they were brand new.

and now there is "asinine listing part II", notice the wording ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Radio-Shack-Floo...QQcmdZViewItem

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace

Agent_C wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/uagtr

At least 15 years old, tattered, with visibly rotted surrounds on the
woofers. Yet... the seller says: "NEW Never used".

Scary that he has 100% positive feedback.

A_C

" I have been told that the foam has disintegrated a bit." You've 'been
told'??? Maybe that's why the pics are blurry, this guy is blind! For $450 I would
bet double that amount that the old Wharfdale's or the Altec Santana's I have will
out play those Infinity's even if they were brand new.

and now there is "asinine listing part II", notice the wording ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Radio-Shack-Floo...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm sorry, but I do NOT accept "Cutting edge technology
for true audiophiles." and "Radio Shack" in the same
description, let alone the same sentence. $450 for an old
set of mediocre at best PanaSonic speakers made for Radio
Shack?? I can only assume that since he looked directly at
the rotted Infinity woofer and still had to be told the
surround needed to be replaced that he is just completely
clueless.

--

"wow you guys are still in business ?

I still have all of your ip ranges in my "firewalled
until second coming of christ" list. The antics and
lies of your esteemed CEO saw to that." - Some *******
Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
John Durbin John Durbin is offline

Maybe he's given up on pictures, which actually doesn't change the
value-add of his auctions all that much...

The combination of these hideous speaker offerings & the stellar
feedback merely confirms what an acquaintance in the used car business
once told me: "There is an ass for every seat".

Sadly, I never knew him to be proved wrong...

JD

Agent_C wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/uagtr

At least 15 years old, tattered, with visibly rotted surrounds on the
woofers. Yet... the seller says: "NEW Never used".

Scary that he has 100% positive feedback.

A_C

" I have been told that the foam has disintegrated a bit." You've 'been
told'??? Maybe that's why the pics are blurry, this guy is blind! For $450 I would
bet double that amount that the old Wharfdale's or the Altec Santana's I have will
out play those Infinity's even if they were brand new.

and now there is "asinine listing part II", notice the wording ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Radio-Shack-Floo...QQcmdZViewItem

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace

John Durbin wrote:
Maybe he's given up on pictures, which actually doesn't change the
value-add of his auctions all that much...

The combination of these hideous speaker offerings & the stellar
feedback merely confirms what an acquaintance in the used car business
once told me: "There is an ass for every seat".

Sadly, I never knew him to be proved wrong...

JD

You're top posting....

Actually if you look those are the only audio related
auctions he had. I emailed him and he is totally clueless. I
explained a few things like snap at the $375 offer for the
Infinitys and do not try to repair them himself.

--

"wow you guys are still in business ?

I still have all of your ip ranges in my "firewalled
until second coming of christ" list. The antics and
lies of your esteemed CEO saw to that." - Some *******

How real is this ebay listing? Rich Sherman Vacuum Tubes 16 June 12th 06 10:58 PM
Ebay scam or legit? Mikey Pro Audio 26 December 5th 04 10:07 PM
Ebay scam or legit? Mikey Pro Audio 0 December 3rd 04 05:08 PM
Ebay scammer? Raymond Pro Audio 14 October 10th 04 04:09 PM
EV Force 15 15" woofers pair on sale Electro voice Ebay listing 3726793668 akhilesh Vacuum Tubes 0 May 26th 04 08:30 PM