Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default Vinyl****ter: No Imagination

You ever notice they never, but never talk about what thay would like
to have, that doesn't exist, or how an existing product could be
improved? And never, never will they say the old one was better than
the new one.

They have little imagination.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! is offline

On May 23, 10:49*pm, Bret L wrote:
*You ever notice they never, but never talk about what thay would like
to have, that doesn't exist, or how an existing product could be
improved?

I would like to have a sphere that you enter and that reproduces the
sounds from every angle accurately. That way you can hear the guy who
coughed in the right rear third tier spatially correct.

Now why don't you just waddle over to your work trailer and rivet one
together, my dull little Nazi. LoL.

If, OTOH, you were referring to your burning desire to increase your
collection of blow-up Marilyn Monroe love dolls you can count me out.
LoL.

And never, never will they say the old one was better than
the new one.

WTF are you prattling on about now? I love my Pilot 654 and my Scott
222C. They're far better than anything those companies are currently
producing, as are my Dynaco A-25s.

*They have little imagination.

What a defective little thing you are. LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

WTF are you prattling on about now? I love my Pilot 654 and my Scott
222C. They're far better than anything those companies are currently
producing, as are my Dynaco A-25s.

*They have little imagination.

What a defective little thing you are. LoL.

You're profoundly stupid.

The Scott 222 wasn't that great in its day, but it's probably better
engineered than a lot of really expensive boutique **** that sells for
many times its price (adjusted for inflation).

You can not discuss any topic on its merits so you throw insults,
thinking that it bothers me. Being called names by you doesn't bother
me. You are proof to any reasonable third party that what i am saying
has substantial merit since it can not be refuted on its merits.

You and your boyfriend can just go play with each other for the rest
of the night. You are intellectually tapped out.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 23, 11:55*pm, Bret L wrote:
WTF are you prattling on about now? I love my Pilot 654 and my Scott
222C. They're far better than anything those companies are currently
producing, as are my Dynaco A-25s.

*They have little imagination.

What a defective little thing you are. LoL.

*You're profoundly stupid.

Really. What products that Scott, Pilot or Dynaco are currently
producing do you feel are superior?

And I'm "profoundly stupid". LMAO!

*The Scott 222 wasn't that great in its day, but it's probably better
engineered than a lot of really expensive boutique **** that sells for
many times its price (adjusted for inflation).

It makes for a very nice bedroom system and works quite well with the
Dynaco A-25s.

I just got the 654 so I haven't run it through its paces yet. It very
well may replace the Scott.

*You can not discuss any topic on its merits so you throw insults,
thinking that it bothers me. Being called names by you doesn't bother
me. You are proof to any reasonable third party that what i am saying
has substantial merit since it can not be refuted on its merits.

Um, no. What a reasonable third-party person would see is someone
(hint: you) with ideas so stupid, backwards and illogical that they do
not deserve serious consideration. Your 'science' is about as valid as
reading bumps on skulls. The brainless blog you copy and paste and
vomit here are written by psuedoscientists who are also the equivalent
of bump-readers.

They would also see some of your intellectual superiors (hint: just
about everybody else) making fun of you and that someone (hint: you)
is too stoopid to see it. They (hint: the reasonable third parties and
everybody else) laugh at you both overtly (hint: me) or silently
(hint: everybody else).

What you're saying has no merit except to a lunatic and marginalized
fringe (hint: you and Sailer, et al).

*You and your boyfriend can just go play with each other for the rest
of the night. You are intellectually tapped out.

Indeed. LOL!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On May 24, 12:31*am, "Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:

WTF are you prattling on about now? I love my Pilot 654 and my Scott
222C. They're far better than anything those companies are currently
producing, as are my Dynaco A-25s.

I grew up listening through my father's 222C.
Endless repititions of the Pet Sounds album,
Four Tops "Reach Out" and the Byrds
"Younger than Yesterday"
Having such a sweet amp helped
instill the joy of music.

My current bedroom unit is a 299D

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 23, 10:49*pm, Bret L wrote:
*You ever notice they never, but never talk about what thay would like
to have, that doesn't exist, or how an existing product could be
improved? And never, never will they say the old one was better than
the new one.

That's absolutely not true in any way, shape or form.

*They have little imagination.

What have you accomplished that the rest of the world appreciates?
Name one thing.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Combining posts:

"Clyde Slick

More options May 24, 6:26 am
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion
From: Clyde Slick
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 04:26:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Vinyl****ter: No Imagination
Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Report this message | Find messages by this author

wrote:
WTF are you prattling on about now? I love my Pilot 654 and my Scott
222C. They're far better than anything those companies are currently
producing, as are my Dynaco A-25s.

I grew up listening through my father's 222C.
Endless repititions of the Pet Sounds album,
Four Tops "Reach Out" and the Byrds
"Younger than Yesterday"
Having such a sweet amp helped
instill the joy of music.

My current bedroom unit is a 299D

Reply Reply to author Forward
Report spam
Reporting spam
Message reported
Rate this post: Text for clearing space

Boon
More options May 24, 8:08 am
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion
From: Boon
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 06:08:56 -0700 (PDT)
On May 23, 10:49 pm, Bret L wrote:

You ever notice they never, but never talk about what thay would like
to have, that doesn't exist, or how an existing product could be
improved? And never, never will they say the old one was better than
the new one.

That's absolutely not true in any way, shape or form.

They have little imagination.

What have you accomplished that the rest of the world appreciates?
Name one thing. "

Well...when I worked in music stores, I figured out that I could pull
the output transformers out of the Scotts and Fishers going in the
dumpster from the stereo place and put them in the Fender guitar amps
with burned out ones. That saved the customer money and sounded better
than the factory one. I mean, it's not like curing cancer or anything.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
WTF are you prattling on about now? I love my Pilot 654 and my Scott
222C. They're far better than anything those companies are currently
producing, as are my Dynaco A-25s.

I grew up listening through my father's 222C.
Endless repititions of the Pet Sounds album,
Four Tops "Reach Out" and the Byrds
"Younger than Yesterday"
Having such a sweet amp helped
instill the joy of music.

My current bedroom unit is a 299D

What are you running it through? And what are you running through it?

I use an old Denon DCD-615 that I picked up for $20. The A-25s sound
good too. I paid $10 for them. The 222c was $60. I also have an old
Thorens TT that was $30. So for less than the cost of an "all-in-one"
system I have a fun bedroom system.

((In lieu of US 7189s, which are going for $30-40 each on eBay, I run
6P14P-ER from old Soviet military stock in the 222c. I got them for $5/
each. They're rated for 10,000 hours just like the old Mullard 10M
series. They have higher ratings than the 7189. And they sound great
even though they were made by Slavs. Shhhh!))
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 24, 1:25*pm, Bret L wrote:
Combining posts:

"Clyde Slick

* * * * *More options May 24, 6:26 am
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion

From: Boon
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 06:08:56 -0700 (PDT)
On May 23, 10:49 pm, Bret L wrote:

*You ever notice they never, but never talk about what thay would like
to have, that doesn't exist, or how an existing product could be
improved? And never, never will they say the old one was better than
the new one.

That's absolutely not true in any way, shape or form.

*They have little imagination.

What have you accomplished that the rest of the world appreciates?
Name one thing. "

*Well...when I worked in music stores, I figured out that I could pull
the output transformers out of the Scotts and Fishers going in the
dumpster from the stereo place and put them in the Fender guitar amps
with burned out ones. That saved the customer money and sounded better
than the factory one. I mean, it's not like curing cancer or anything.

I asked what you have accomplished that the rest of the world
appreciates, not whether or not you ever repaired something for a
customer.

Here's another:

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl22.html

I'm waiting for you to admit you were wrong.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 24, 1:25*pm, Bret L wrote:

What have you accomplished that the rest of the world appreciates?
Name one thing. "

*Well...when I worked in music stores, I figured out that I could pull
the output transformers out of the Scotts and Fishers going in the
dumpster from the stereo place and put them in the Fender guitar amps
with burned out ones. That saved the customer money and sounded better
than the factory one. I mean, it's not like curing cancer or anything.

One ot two customers may have appreciated that (if they were vintage
Fender amps probably not, though, as it destroyed any value as a
collector's amp).

What have you done for the betterment of the community of humans as a
whole?

I mean, aside from being a Nazi and all.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

On May 24, 2:45*pm, Boon wrote:
On May 24, 1:25*pm, Bret L wrote:

Combining posts:

"Clyde Slick

* * * * *More options May 24, 6:26 am
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion

From: Boon
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 06:08:56 -0700 (PDT)
On May 23, 10:49 pm, Bret L wrote:

[...]

Okay, Vinylsnatch, I was wrong.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

On May 24, 2:47*pm, "Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On May 24, 1:25*pm, Bret L wrote:

What have you accomplished that the rest of the world appreciates?
Name one thing. "

*Well...when I worked in music stores, I figured out that I could pull
the output transformers out of the Scotts and Fishers going in the
dumpster from the stereo place and put them in the Fender guitar amps
with burned out ones. That saved the customer money and sounded better
than the factory one. I mean, it's not like curing cancer or anything.

One ot two customers may have appreciated that (if they were vintage
Fender amps probably not, though, as it destroyed any value as a
collector's amp).

Back then they didn't have any collector value. Now of course you can
get perfect repro's or have the original rewound. So you just change
them beck out. I never cut big holes in the chassis or anything. The
most I ever did was drill a small hole or two, which can be filled
in.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

wrote:
[...]

each. They're rated for 10,000 hours just like the old Mullard 10M player
series. They have higher ratings than the 7189. And they sound great
even though they were made by Slavs. Shhhh!))

Jolida tubed cd player and Boston Acoustics A-60's

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 24, 2:54*pm, Bret L wrote:
On May 24, 2:45*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 24, 1:25*pm, Bret L wrote:

Combining posts:

"Clyde Slick

* * * * *More options May 24, 6:26 am
Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion

From: Boon
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 06:08:56 -0700 (PDT)
On May 23, 10:49 pm, Bret L wrote:

[...]

Apology accepted, white supremacist.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

On May 24, 5:12*pm, Boon wrote:
On May 24, 2:54*pm, Bret L wrote:

snip

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl22.html

I'm waiting for you to admit you were wrong.

Okay, Vinylsnatch, I was wrong.

Apology accepted, white supremacist.

You're more white supremacist than I am.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason! is offline

On May 26, 5:46*am, Bret L wrote:
On May 24, 5:12*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 24, 2:54*pm, Bret L wrote:

snip

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl22.html

I'm waiting for you to admit you were wrong.

Okay, Vinylsnatch, I was wrong.

Apology accepted, white supremacist.

*You're more white supremacist than I am.

What an entirely stoopid thing to say.

Is this your 'brain' on drugs or something?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 26, 5:46*am, Bret L wrote:
On May 24, 5:12*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 24, 2:54*pm, Bret L wrote:

snip

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl22.html

I'm waiting for you to admit you were wrong.

Okay, Vinylsnatch, I was wrong.

Apology accepted, white supremacist.

*You're more white supremacist than I am.

An IKYABWAI? Wow, you're slipping fast.