Posted to rec.audio.pro
WillStG

Default OT - The Internet Video Phenomena

The internet phenomena of personal Video production is really
become a hot trend - of course you need to have a fast Internet
connection and be willing to give up being a Luddite to appreciate it,
can't access this stuff the old Usenet way, and there is a lot of
stupid stuff...

But here's a link to a worthy example that I think has a bit of
persuasive power about the potential it has; a Live Ukelele performance
of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" in Central Park's Strawberry Fields
by a kid named Jake Shimabukuro sitting on a rock.

People seemed to be really moved by it, it's a big hit as these
thing go - for low fi though it may be, it connects.

http://www.madville.com/link.php?id=129212&t=15

Will Miho
NY TV/Audio Post/Music?Live Sound Guy

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bob Cain

WillStG wrote:

People seemed to be really moved by it, it's a big hit as these
thing go - for low fi though it may be, it connects.

Thanks a bunch, Will. The kid is beyond great. From his technique and
arrangement it appears he is classically trained. Despite the
remarkably crude production he had me totally enthralled. Point well
made. It's the music, not the production that makes the magic.

I really do want, however, to see/hear a well produced version (in the
same setting.) Why don't you offer to make a DVD of him with this on
it? :-)

Bob
--

"Things should be described as simply as possible, but no simpler."

A. Einstein
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Fletch

This video popped up about six months ago. I love it, especially the
"guitar solo" section. Passionate!

Very fun.

--Fletch

Posted to rec.audio.pro
George Storey

You know,George would be proud,since he was a very accomplished ukelele
player. Very moveing.Thanks for the link.
George

shielding rca/component video J Tech 12 February 6th 06 01:59 PM
Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
Synching Audio and Video: Newby Music Promo Production [email protected] Pro Audio 14 August 7th 05 04:27 AM
Free Ipods JayD7217 Vacuum Tubes 1 April 25th 05 01:06 AM
Wordclock&SMPTE in Composer/Digital system Rob Reedijk Pro Audio 7 February 10th 05 03:12 PM