Posted to rec.audio.pro
Willie K. Yee, MD

Default Fw: 'Twas The Amp Before Christmas (Story)

On 10 Dec 2005 13:57:57 -0800, "Joe Montgomery"
wrote:

'Twas The Amp Before Christmas (Story)

Twas the amp before Christmas
I bought on a lark.
A Fender Reissue with blemishing marks.
A very nice discount,
Free shipping, to boot!
Delivered with care
By a 'dude' in brown suit.

I plugged it all in,
It distorted and clattered.
I reread the manual
To see what was the matter.
It broke up like Hendrix, only Volume was "2."
It sounded like crap in all inputs,
It's true!

I called those MF's
They said "sorry, that's cruel."
They'd ship me one better
But there were some rules.
I purchased another,
All brand spankin' new.
Said they'd credit me back
For the Blem Amp that blew.

So I packed that dog up,
Sent it back in a flash.
With a nice prepaid label
And I'm not out the cash!
Then I tracked that blem amp all across the Savannah
Was shocked and dismayed when it left Indiana.
"To Cleveland Ohio" the report said, with glee!
But my ******* blem amp was en route to KC!

Four phone calls to Fedex; it's ok, they said.
We'll reroute to Missouri by plane, truck or sled.
But by end of the day, my poor brain was fried-o.
That ******* Blem Amp; Delivered...OHIO?

Well, It seems that the clerk at the counter at Fed
Gave me somebody else's track number instead.
So the bad amp's "in transit,"
The new one is too.
I borrowed a Princeton, what else could I do?

Thus, I re-tell the tale, as it happened, you see,
To save you the hassles that happened to me.
Plug into your amps, lest you buy them on spec,
Merry Christmas to all, and to all, double-check!

Joe Montgomery