Clyde R. Shappee

Default HH Scott 222D amplifier schematic

Hi,

I have a Scott 222D amplifier, and the schematic that I can find on the
web is somewhat different from my unit.

For starters, there is only single accessory power outlet, not two as
shown on the schematic I have.

Secondly, the resistor network developing the bias voltages is
different from what is in my hardware.

Could someone help me out on this?

What has failed is the circular cement resistor that is chassis
mounted. I don't know what its value is, and need a handle on a
schematic.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Clyde

Clyde R. Shappee

Yes, I have...

The schematic there is trouble for me....

The resistor in question is listed at 1k at 2 W, but the resistor is so
large... makes me think there is an error in the schematic and it is a 20W
unit.

In the Sams Photofacts for the 222B, the same resistor is rated at 20 W, but
the value seems way off.

I fear that I am facing documentation errors on two fronts.

Clyde

Ed Coleman wrote:

Have you tried ? that might help , good luck ! Ed

"Clyde R. Shappee" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a Scott 222D amplifier, and the schematic that I can find on the
web is somewhat different from my unit.

For starters, there is only single accessory power outlet, not two as
shown on the schematic I have.

Secondly, the resistor network developing the bias voltages is
different from what is in my hardware.

Could someone help me out on this?

What has failed is the circular cement resistor that is chassis
mounted. I don't know what its value is, and need a handle on a
schematic.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Clyde

John Byrns

The 222B is a completely different amplifer design, unrelated to the
222D. The 222D is an off shoot of the original 299 series, the family
tree goes like this.

299 - 299B - 222C - 222D

The 222 and 222B comprise a completely seperate family, as do the 299C and
299D. There were production variations on the different models, which
explains your schematic problem.

Regards,

John Byrns

Surf my web pages at, http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/