Guillaume Fournier

Default Where to get In-Dash Touch screen LCD ?

I am looking for a device that could replace my car radio that has the
following features :

- Touch screen LCD (daylight viewable)
- PS/2 or RS232 output for the touch screen (that emulates a mouse)
- Composite NTSC Video or preferably VGA input
- Optionally a built-in AM/FM receiver and small amplifier

The touch screen LCD has to be able to retract into the device (as in here :
http://www.mp3playerstore.com/stuff_...In-Dash-56.htm).
Also, it must be able to swivel at any angle.

I have looked at the KVT-910DVD from Kenwood but it does way to much than I
need and I don't know if a mouse output is available (maybe someone from
Kenwood can reply on this).
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/pr...productId=2344

I want to build a navigation system usable in Canada based on a car PC (I
have not found anything close to what I'm looking for : door-to-door
routing, spoken turn-by-turn directions, etc.) Also, I would like to add to
this navigation system plenty of other goodies (mp3 player, OBD car
diagnosis, rpm, etc...)

Thanks for your help,
Guillaume

Simon Burrows

www.DigitalWW.com has been saying they're going to release a motorised
indash, VGA + RF touchscreen for a while now, but it keeps getting delayed.
End of August is their current estimate, but I wouldn't count on it.

You'd also need a seperate HU to go with it..

: