Philip Meech

Default Active Crossover

Active Biamping and active subwoofers both require an active crossover.
Where does one
buy an active crossover of good value and reliability?
Kalman Rubinson

On 19 May 2004 22:55:24 GMT, Philip Meech
wrote:

Active Biamping and active subwoofers both require an active crossover.
Where does one
buy an active crossover of good value and reliability?

Bryston, Marchand, etc. BTW, most active subs already have an active
crossover. Also, off-the-shelf crossovers, active or passive, rarely
mate adequately, compared with netowrks designed specifically for the
individual application.

Kal

Ban

Philip Meech wrote:
Active Biamping and active subwoofers both require an active
crossover. Where does one
buy an active crossover of good value and reliability?

Just now I'm designing an active crossover for single or dual Subs. I use a
novel compensation circuitry, where upper and lower frequency limits of the
sub and lower frequency limit of the satellites can be programmed by means
of pluggable resistors. The crossover has zero additional phase shift unlike
the commercial offers.
This integrates the subwoofer seamlessly without the usual delay (which
causes a "lagging behind" of the deep bass).
Slopes are 12dB/oct symmetrical and there are two controls for Q(0.5...1)
and f-low(20...60Hz).

I do this for a couple of audio enthusiasts here in Europe, but can share
the board with anyone interested. The board will be ready in a couple of
weeks.
--
ciao Ban
Bordighera, Italy

normanstrong

"Philip Meech" wrote in message
Active Biamping and active subwoofers both require an active

crossover.
Where does one
buy an active crossover of good value and reliability?

It doesn't actually _require_ an active xover. A passive R-C filter
will do the job. However, there's little reason to use a passive
filter, so active is the way everybody goes.

Norm Strong