Nounours18200

Default Active crossover recommandation

I am looking for a very good 2 ways active crossover : 1 way will be used
for my main speakers, the 2nd one will be used for my subwoofer.

I would probably go to a professionnal Crossover (XLR input/output) , but it
would be very simpler for me if it accepts RCA inputs because my preamp does
not have XLR output.

I am looking for a high quality crossover , able to not deteriorate the
quality of the other fine elements it will be associated with (Class A
amplifiers and so on).

Budget is around 1.000$.

What are the brand(s)/model(s) you could recommend to me, provided that the
only important criteria is the sound quality.

Thanks
N.

Kalman Rubinson

See the Bryston.

Kal

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 18:16:02 GMT, "Nounours18200"
wrote:

I am looking for a very good 2 ways active crossover : 1 way will be used
for my main speakers, the 2nd one will be used for my subwoofer.

I would probably go to a professionnal Crossover (XLR input/output) , but it
would be very simpler for me if it accepts RCA inputs because my preamp does
not have XLR output.

I am looking for a high quality crossover , able to not deteriorate the
quality of the other fine elements it will be associated with (Class A
amplifiers and so on).

Budget is around 1.000$.

What are the brand(s)/model(s) you could recommend to me, provided that the
only important criteria is the sound quality.

Thanks
N.

Sam Stark

Budget version which I use on 2 separate systems with AI preamp and it works
very well is Paradigm X10. Signal does not deteriorate. Nothing added but
nothing lost.

Marchand, tubed, more upscale.

"Nounours18200" wrote in message
I am looking for a very good 2 ways active crossover : 1 way will be used
for my main speakers, the 2nd one will be used for my subwoofer.

I would probably go to a professionnal Crossover (XLR input/output) , but

it
would be very simpler for me if it accepts RCA inputs because my preamp

does
not have XLR output.

I am looking for a high quality crossover , able to not deteriorate the
quality of the other fine elements it will be associated with (Class A
amplifiers and so on).

Budget is around 1.000$.

What are the brand(s)/model(s) you could recommend to me, provided that

the
only important criteria is the sound quality.

Thanks
N.

Kalman Rubinson

On 1 Nov 2003 20:04:03 GMT, "Sam Stark"
wrote:

Budget version which I use on 2 separate systems with AI preamp and it works
very well is Paradigm X10. Signal does not deteriorate. Nothing added but
nothing lost.

X10 will not accomplish the 3 way function.

Marchand, tubed, more upscale.

Or the Marchand SS. More than the Paradigm and less than the Bryston.

Kal

Sam Stark

Main System is AI Mod 3 with E288CC (the only great tubes that can survive
in that tube eater) , B&K Sonata M200 Monoblocks, Rega3/Dyna10X4, Magnum
Dynalab FM 101a, CD Tjoeb4000 w/ Amperex 6DJ8, 4 (yes 4) stacked pairs of
Polk 55Rti for a wall of sound, Polk SW1200 Sub woofer dual 12 inch w/
Paradigm 10X. For movies I switch to a Denon AVR4800 with the front powered
by the above amp. If you're crazy enough the Bach solo violin Chaconne at
100 decibels.

Office system AI Mod 3 w/ Tungsram tubes, B&K 202+, FM Sansui TU9900,
Magnepan SMGa and 18 inch SW homemade w/ paradigm 10X.

I remembered I previously used an Audio Controller Richter bass crossover
which I replaced years ago. Too noisy. The paradigm is cheap, real cheap,
quiet, no noise, and the imagery of the AI remains. I have alot of switches
which permits me to AB all my speakers and components and I never detected
any deterioration or loss from the Paradigm. I am a pragmatist, e.g. I use
cheap RS interconnects since I never heard any difference AB'ing the
ludicrously expensive ones.

The Paradigm splits the signal from the preamp two ways to main and
subwoofer amp and is adjustable in phase and crossover freq.. The internet
used to have a PDF on the X10. It does not have 3 crossover frequencies
which for me is overkill. Given I like the sound of tubes, but only bother
in the preamp and avoid the greif and limitations of amplifier power tubes,
the tubed Marchand does entice me.

"Nounours18200" wrote in message
What are the other elements of your system ?

Thanks
N.

"Sam Stark" a écrit dans le message de news:
[...]

Sam Stark

Oh my goodness. Digital Xover. It would at best be an approximation- a
sample. I find CD's to be a very poor approximation of LP's. Yoou don't
need me to start that thread up.

"Nounours18200" wrote in message
Some other persons recommend a Digital Active Filter, such as the

Berhinger
DCX2496.

My concern is that there is a double conversion A/D and D/A in this kind

of
filter.

So I am anxious that this double conversion deteriorates the signal ??

more
or less than an analog filter ??

thaks for your advices.

N.

,
but
it
would be very simpler for me if it accepts RCA inputs because my

preamp
does
not have XLR output.

I am looking for a high quality crossover , able to not deteriorate

the
quality of the other fine elements it will be associated with (Class

amplifiers and so on).

Budget is around 1.000$.

What are the brand(s)/model(s) you could recommend to me, provided

that
the
only important criteria is the sound quality.

Thanks
N.

Sam Stark

Oh my goodness. Digital xover. At best an approximation based on sampling.
I never found CD's equal to LP's. Not even close. I've AB'd exact same
performances on CD and LP. You don't need me to start up that thread.