Jimbo_jones

Default Connecting PC to stereo

I'm looking for a reasonably prices way to connect my PC to my stereo
to play MP3s. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark A

"Jimbo_jones" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking for a reasonably prices way to connect my PC to my stereo
to play MP3s. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Your audio card should have line-out connection that you can feed into your
receiver (the tape-in, aux-in, or any input not being used (except phono).
You will need a cable that has a stereo mini jack on one end (for the audio
card), with dual (L+R) RCA jacks on the other end (for the stereo).

Depending on how far away you computer is from your stereo, it might be
easier to purchase a portable CD/MP3 player to hook up to your stereo.

malcolm

"Mark A" wrote in message
"Jimbo_jones" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking for a reasonably prices way to connect my PC to my stereo
to play MP3s. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Your audio card should have line-out connection that you can feed into

your
receiver (the tape-in, aux-in, or any input not being used (except phono).
You will need a cable that has a stereo mini jack on one end (for the

audio
card), with dual (L+R) RCA jacks on the other end (for the stereo).

Depending on how far away you computer is from your stereo, it might be
easier to purchase a portable CD/MP3 player to hook up to your stereo.

or if have SPDIF output on your soundcard and input on your AV amp,
wired or optical that would be the best route.
but 25 foot 3.5mm (1/8") to stereo phono cable should work ok.
regards malcolm

wesley

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:33:28 -0800, Jimbo_jones wrote:

I'm looking for a reasonably prices way to connect my PC to my stereo
to play MP3s. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Simplest is to run a cable from the "line output" of the computer's sound
card to the auxilliary inputs of your stereo amp. This will generally
require a converter cable for 1/8" phono plug to dual RCA jacks.

A far more elegant (and expensive) solution is to buy the SliMP3 device.
The software runs a server program that delivers the MP3 music over a
wired or wireless ethernet connection to the SliMP3 device. The latter
plugs into your stereo and is controlled by a remote. You can select and
play music from your computer over your stereo, using the remote (or also
controlling it from the PC.) I bought the wired version and have been very
pleased with it. Perfect for me since the computer and the stereo are in
different rooms and the distance is too far for line level stereo cabling
but no problem for ethernet.