Curly Sue Plays Bass?

Old December 11th 20, 09:08 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Curly Sue Plays Bass?

Hi,

many of you already know this Aussie gal from Sydney.
Went from high school drop-out to featuring in Jeff Beck's band
a couple of years later.
Here she plays three of her own songs live with an ensemble in
a small room. Plus she sings of course.
Nice stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6v9B3ytxB0

....... Phil
Old December 11th 20, 10:34 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 11/12/2020 9:08 pm, wrote:
> Hi,
>
> many of you already know this Aussie gal from Sydney.
> Went from high school drop-out to featuring in Jeff Beck's band
> a couple of years later.
> Here she plays three of her own songs live with an ensemble in
> a small room. Plus she sings of course.
> Nice stuff.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6v9B3ytxB0
>

> ...... Phil

Yeah Tal - fantastic. And after Ronnie Scotts I now know exactly what
the upper waist of a bass is really for (o)(o) !

Yeah I'm sick, I know ... ; -)

Old December 12th 20, 12:21 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 11/12/2020 10:34 pm, geoff wrote:
> On 11/12/2020 9:08 pm, wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> many of you already know this Aussie gal from Sydney.
>> Went from high school drop-out to featuring in Jeff Beck's band
>> a couple of years later.
>> Here she plays three of her own songs live with an ensemble in
>> a small room. Plus she sings of course.
>> Nice stuff.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6v9B3ytxB0
>>

>> ......* Phil
>>

> Yeah Tal - fantastic. And after Ronnie Scotts I now know exactly what
> the upper waist of a bass is really for (o)(o) !
>
> Yeah I'm sick, I know ...* ; -)
>
> geoff

I have the BluRay of JB at Ronnie Scotts 2008 (great recording - I guess
they are well geared up for that sort of thing. Love the C414s on OH,
that are v.popular in the euro-centric world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw8fBR_XiPs

But tonight I looked up on YT and it's worth a listen if you are open to
to jazz-rock style and can lower yourself to YT audio - JB at Ronnie
Scotts with Buddy Guy, Billy Gibbons, and EC - great strat duel. - JB
wins, but it's not a competition. And Tal (age early/mid 20's at the
time) just looks incredulous to be on the stage with all those legends.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_dUJigRWfo