Must be going deaf.

Old December 23rd 20, 10:04 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Must be going deaf.

Just listened again to CD of Bop Til You Drop, and it didn't half sound
good to me...

Not the 'digital nasties' that the golden ears of the day whinged about
(including Cooder himself later on).

Especially surprising considering only early 16-bit A-to-D.

Old December 23rd 20, 06:28 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Neil[_9_]

On 12/23/2020 4:04 AM, geoff wrote:
> Just listened again to CD of Bop Til You Drop, and it didn't half sound
> good to me...
>
> Not the 'digital nasties' that the golden ears of the day whinged about
> (including Cooder himself later on).
>
> Especially surprising considering only early 16-bit A-to-D.
>
> geoff

Ry was an early adopter of digital technology, but seemed sonically
attached to analog, as were many at the time "Bop Til You Drop" came
out. I only have the LP of that album, and appreciate some audio
improvement over his earlier releases.

But, at least for me, he falls into the category of artists whose audio
quality is pretty much irrelevant. His creativity and performances have
me sold, regardless.

--
best regards,

Neil
Old December 24th 20, 01:41 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 24/12/2020 6:28 am, Neil wrote:
> On 12/23/2020 4:04 AM, geoff wrote:
>> Just listened again to CD of Bop Til You Drop, and it didn't half
>> sound good to me...
>>
>> Not the 'digital nasties' that the golden ears of the day whinged
>> about (including Cooder himself later on).
>>
>> Especially surprising considering only early 16-bit A-to-D.
>>
>> geoff

> Ry was an early adopter of digital technology, but seemed sonically
> attached to analog, as were many at the time "Bop Til You Drop" came
> out. I only have the LP of that album, and appreciate some audio
> improvement over his earlier releases.

I think many people didn't know what a slide on a guitar sounds like,
and though it was distortion !

> But, at least for me, he falls into the category of artists whose audio
> quality is pretty much irrelevant. His creativity and performances have
> me sold, regardless.

Agreed.