Alan

Default extended warranty?

Should I get an extended warranty for a JL Audio Sub 10w7? Quoted $70
for three years.
Tony F

I've never had a subwoofer go bad on me. If you've got the common sense not
to abuse it, my guess would be you'd never have a problem with it. I
personally think it would be a waste of money. Then again, if you have $70
to spend & the warranty is a GOOD one, ie. if they'll replace it for the 3
years no matter how it fails, then it MAY pay for itself...but I doubt it.
Besides, if you're like me and change subwoofers every few years it won't
matter anyway. I doubt the warranty would be transferrable to the new
owner.

Tony

--
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,
Phoenix Gold EQ-232 30-Band EQ, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped In Front and
"Alan" wrote in message
Should I get an extended warranty for a JL Audio Sub 10w7? Quoted $70
for three years.

MZ

On the other hand, the one sure way to ruin your listening experience is if
you're scared to death of blowing your speaker. A warranty (again, a *good*
one) tends to eliminate that problem.

I'd make sure to find out exactly what the warranty covers, how it's handled
if there's a problem (ie. replacement? repair? if it's repair, is it
quick?), and get it all in writing.

Sometimes the best thing to ask the salesperson is what the warranty DOESN'T
cover, and don't settle for a joke like "we don't cover it if you throw it
out a window."