GRussinko GRussinko is offline
Junior Member

Default Connecting iPod to Panasonic Receiver

Hello all,

I have a 20gig iPod and a Panasonic CQ-DFX683 receiver with "CD changer" control. It also has CD changer RCA inputs in the back, along with a changer control connector labeled as "DIN" in the manual.

I've attempted hooking up the iPod to the CD Changer RCA inputs, but this doesn't make the receiver recognize the iPod as an input, so I'm guessing I need to have something hooked up to the "DIN" connector to get it to work. My question is, what exactly is it that I can hook up to use the iPod as an input, or is there an easy way to fool the receiver into thinking that there's always a CD changer hooked up and turned on?

Thanks for your help!
Trey Bradshaw

Well, from the looks of it your model has 2 preouts... So my guess is on the
back, those RCA "inputs" are actually the amplifier pre-outs. The only thing
that controls the changer is the DIN connector. You'll need to get an
adapter for the DIN input that will go from your iPod and back to DIN.
Search Google for "panasonic aux" or similar and I bet you'll come up w/
something. Adapters usually run about $25.. good luck.

trey

--
GRussinko

stevendacardude

no, those two connectors hooked to the cords are the input, and the DIN
is used for the deck to recognize the cd changer. From what I
remember, panasonic cant use those inputs for other devices.

Dont lose hope yet, there is this thing called a FM Modulator. The
inline fm modulators imo are better than the wireless. Here is an
example of an fm modulator
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/P...fm+modulat or

An Inline modulator, intercepts the message from the antenna sent into
the deck. When it is powered it will cut the antenna off, giving you
basically 0 reception for anything. in which u can plug your device
into the audio inputs and it will generate a digital signal and can be
played through your radio with little or no interference. But do some
research on your own first to make sure that's what you want.

GRussinko GRussinko is offline
Junior Member

I already have an iTrip to use in the car - since there seems to be no way to get the thing hooked directly in through the CD changer connections, I probably will end up going for the inline modulator, as it'll definitely be better than the iTrip is now.

Thanks for your replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevendacardude