Alan Roberts

Default Matiz/Sony problem

Hi,
I bought my wife a Sony 'Blade' CDX R3300 for christmas for her Daewoo Matiz
and have tried on many occasions to fit it.
My problem is that i do get power to it (the cd inserts and ejects) but no
display or sound. The Matiz has a sony tape unit already installed and
therefore has an adapter lead of which I can plug straight into and all the
wires match up on all sides apart from one extra wire which is labelled
'illumination' (an orange wire) this is a wire that comes from the exsisting
Sony unit as an orange wire, carrys on through the adapter (then labelled
'Illumination') disappearing into the car itself where it then becomes a
greyish wire.
I'm not sure if this is the problem as the new Sony unit doesn't seem to
utilise this wire and therefore i assume that it doesn't need it but I am
lost as every other wire does match up.
I've just fitted the new unit into my Renault Kangoo van to test it, it
didn't need the adaptor wiring at all, plugged straight in and 'hey presto'
all singing all dancing!
Can anybody tell me do I need to change the wiring at all in the matiz? Or
do I need to run an extra live to it?
Any help would be very very much appreciated.
Thanks.