Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

Default Arny, what does this mean?

You have stated that you are "essentually a degreed EE with significant
post-graduate work." Could you tell us what that means exactly, and
from where is your post-grad work?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] elmir2m@shaw.ca is offline

On Jun 13, 9:21 pm, "Soundhaspriority" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in message

You have stated that you are "essentually a degreed EE with significant
post-graduate work." Could you tell us what that means exactly, and
from where is your post-grad work?

Jenn, you have become formidable. I am reminded of the time I was in an
isolated town in Utah, near Capitol Reef National Monument, which featured a
4* restaraunt. While partaking of a delicious rattlesnake pate, I was
propositioned by our waitress, who was looking for a partner for
some"technical climbing". I noticed with suspicion that while chatting, she
balanced 15 pounds of dirty dishes on one upraised palm, as if a feather.
I turned to the retired software engineer who had introduced us, and
asked, "Are you into this climbing thing?"
He replied, "Nah. She's the man. I'm just a guy."

Jenn, you are The Man.

Bob Morein
Dresher, PA
(215) 646-4894

Arny has done postgrad. work... in the gentle art of making enemies.
The long-suffering Jenn is dead. Instead he has to deal with a
ruthless examiner up to all his dodges and slitherings,.
Ludovic Mirabel

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
JBorg, Jr.[_2_] JBorg, Jr.[_2_] is offline

elmir2m wrote:
Soundhaspriority wrote:

Bob Morein
Dresher, PA
(215) 646-4894

Arny has done postgrad. work... in the gentle art of making enemies.
The long-suffering Jenn is dead. Instead he has to deal with a
ruthless examiner up to all his dodges and slitherings,.
Ludovic Mirabel

I regret to say that Arny is currently under fire at Rao. No doubt
due to numerous falsehood he poured at the L. Greenhill abx test
thread. Now the truth about his erroneous fabrication should
really be out.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

You have stated that you are "essentually a degreed EE
with significant post-graduate work." Could you tell us
what that means exactly, and from where is your post-grad
work?

I did my post grad work at the same school that I did my undergraduate work.
How much post grad? 28 of 32 required credits. I was going to school on the
GI bill which means that my wife was working my way through college. She
became pregnant and had to quit work. That was the end of my college career.
I never made it back to finish up, partially because I found from my
co-worker's sad experience, that an advanced degree was a professional
hinderance in the type of engineering I did.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
John Atkinson John Atkinson is offline

On Jun 14, 6:32 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
... an advanced degree was a professional
hinderance in the type of engineering I did.

Yet you have also claimed to be a publisher, Mr. Krueger.
For example, in message
you wrote:
I'm a publisher with like 18,000 readers every month, and I
despirately don't want my publications be taken as being THE
authority. I wish that either or both of my web sites, www.pcabx.com
or www.pcavtech.com had head-on competition. AFAIK, they don't.
It's a little lonely out here on the leading edge. But I'm used to
it! ;-)

How's that publishing business working out for you?

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

You have stated that you are "essentually a degreed EE
with significant post-graduate work." Could you tell us
what that means exactly, and from where is your post-grad
work?

I did my post grad work at the same school that I did my undergraduate work.
How much post grad? 28 of 32 required credits. I was going to school on the
GI bill which means that my wife was working my way through college. She
became pregnant and had to quit work. That was the end of my college career.
I never made it back to finish up,

A common story from those days, sad to say. Gosh, so close; like one
class away from finishing. Now, I'm only asking this for professional
interest: were those four credits a thesis, or would it be a regular
class or two?

partially because I found from my
co-worker's sad experience, that an advanced degree was a professional
hinderance in the type of engineering I did.

How's that?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

[...]

Most managers are older than their employees. The average level of education
has been rising. Therefore it is likely that newer employees have better
educational credentical than their prospective employers. People are often
uncomfortable hiring or promoting people who have more education then they
have. I found this to be true in both engineering and Information
Technology. I've ended up managing PhDs because I was the only manager in
the department who was comfortable managing people with better credentials
than I. I have a friend who has a PhD in engineering who has found himself
to be virtually unemployable because of his excellent and well-known
credentials.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Krazy Krooger lied:

I've ended up managing PhDs because I was the only manager

I'm curious as to which companies knowingly make a "manager" out of an
employee who's certifiably insane. Care to elaborate, Arnii?

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Liarborg lied:

I have a friend who has a PhD in engineering who has found himself
to be virtually unemployable because of his excellent and well-known
credentials.

Yes, that's believable. Do you know if Larry David ever met you or heard
of you, Arnii? I'm quite sure that you, or somebody very like you, was
the model for a certain character on "Seinfeld".

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Slev in London[_2_] Slev in London[_2_] is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

Most managers are older than their employees. The average level of
education has been rising. Therefore it is likely that newer employees
have better educational credentical than their prospective employers.
People are often uncomfortable hiring or promoting people who have more
education then they have. I found this to be true in both engineering and
Information Technology. I've ended up managing PhDs because I was the
only manager in the department who was comfortable managing people with
better credentials than I. I have a friend who has a PhD in engineering
who has found himself to be virtually unemployable because of his
excellent and well-known credentials.

You really do spew total ******** don't you!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jun 14, 1:00 pm, "Slev in London"
wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

. ..

Most managers are older than their employees. The average level of
education has been rising. Therefore it is likely that newer employees
have better educational credentical than their prospective employers.
People are often uncomfortable hiring or promoting people who have more
education then they have. I found this to be true in both engineering and
Information Technology. I've ended up managing PhDs because I was the
only manager in the department who was comfortable managing people with
better credentials than I. I have a friend who has a PhD in engineering
who has found himself to be virtually unemployable because of his
excellent and well-known credentials.

You really do spew total ******** don't you!

Temper, temper.

Some people may think that Arny spews a lot of bullocks, but then
again, some others may not.

What is it that makes you say, "Arny spews a lot of bullocks"?

Back in the day, when I was insulting people, I might've posted the
same thing. As it is now, there is no way that I would insult someone
and write

"Arny spews a lot of bullocks!"

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Soundhaspriority a scris:

Jenn, you are The Man.

but Margaret is The Woman

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Arny Krueger a scris:
..
I never made it back to finish up, partially because I found from my
co-worker's sad experience, that an advanced degree was a professional
hinderance in the type of engineering I did.

Ashtrays!!!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

George M. Middius a scris:

Yes, that's believable. Do you know if Larry David ever met you or heard
of you, Arnii? I'm quite sure that you, or somebody very like you, was
the model for a certain character on "Seinfeld".

now, now George,

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Slev in London a scris:
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

Most managers are older than their employees. The average level of
education has been rising. Therefore it is likely that newer employees
have better educational credentical than their prospective employers.
People are often uncomfortable hiring or promoting people who have more
education then they have. I found this to be true in both engineering and
Information Technology. I've ended up managing PhDs because I was the
only manager in the department who was comfortable managing people with
better credentials than I. I have a friend who has a PhD in engineering
who has found himself to be virtually unemployable because of his
excellent and well-known credentials.

You really do spew total ******** don't you!

Is ******** British slang for turds?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
audioguy audioguy is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" writes:
"Jenn" wrote in
message

You have stated that you are "essentually a degreed EE
with significant post-graduate work." Could you tell us
what that means exactly, and from where is your post-grad
work?

I did my post grad work at the same school that I did my undergraduate work.
How much post grad? 28 of 32 required credits. I was going to school on the
GI bill which means that my wife was working my way through college. She
became pregnant and had to quit work. That was the end of my college career.
I never made it back to finish up, partially because I found from my
co-worker's sad experience, that an advanced degree was a professional
hinderance in the type of engineering I did.

OK, that explains the "significant post-graduate work". Now explain
the "essentually a degreed EE" part. That sounds like you never got an
undergrad degree either. Or are you one of those BSEET types?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Slev in London[_2_] Slev in London[_2_] is offline

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
ups.com...

Slev in London a scris:
[...]

Actually male gender cow turds, or more commonly, BS.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Robert said:

Liarborg lied:

I have a friend who has a PhD in engineering who has found himself
to be virtually unemployable because of his excellent and well-known
credentials.

Yes, that's believable. Do you know if Larry David ever met you or heard
of you, Arnii? I'm quite sure that you, or somebody very like you, was
the model for a certain character on "Seinfeld".

You couldn't mean Kramer? Kramer was funny.

Yes, up until the time he went crazy at a comedy club....

And then there was "Pure Evil", who wasn't.
So who do you have in mind?

I can't recall which character specifically. The show ended 10 years
ago, you know. It was a guy who was in a couple of episodes. He was a
delusional megalomaniac like Krooger.

On the show, they didn't discuss having the loon put down. That's one
thing that distinguishes him from the Krooglebeast.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
JBorg, Jr.[_2_] JBorg, Jr.[_2_] is offline

Soundhaspriority wrote:
Clyde Slick wrote
Soundhaspriority a scris:

Jenn, you are The Man.

but Margaret is The Woman

We don't really know, do we?

Well, we don't know if we really know or not. It's like Arny saying
that he is essentually[sic] a degreed EE with significant post grad
work at same school ending up managing PhDs. And by way of
saying that the abx switcher is a truly ingenious little device that
takes the fraud out of subjective testing. I would hazard a guess
that an impending truth should be out 'cause he's about to unload.

Bob Morein
Dresher, PA
(215) 646-4894

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
net

You have stated that you are "essentually a degreed EE
with significant post-graduate work." Could you tell us
what that means exactly, and from where is your
post-grad work?

I did my post grad work at the same school that I did my
undergraduate work. How much post grad? 28 of 32
required credits. I was going to school on the GI bill
which means that my wife was working my way through
college. She became pregnant and had to quit work. That
was the end of my college career. I never made it back
to finish up,

A common story from those days, sad to say. Gosh, so
close; like one class away from finishing. Now, I'm only
asking this for professional interest: were those four
credits a thesis, or would it be a regular class or two?

??

[...]

Interesting. It didn't work out that way in higher ed. Though there
was a time in K-12 teaching when we were told not to get a Masters
degree before getting our first jobs, because some schools might not
hire you if you are more expensive.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

audioguy wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" writes:
"Jenn" wrote in
message

[...]

The school I graduated from gives only degrees in engineering. I've got one
of those. The core courses cover mechanical engineering, computer science,
and electrical engineering. By picking non-core courses you gain a
"concentration" in one of those areas.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
net

[...]

Depends which higher ed. Get a PhD in education, and try to get a job in an
average small school in an average small school system, teaching
kindergarten.

There's a reason for that, which has pretty well been explained.

Though there was a time in K-12 teaching when we were
told not to get a Masters degree before getting our first
jobs, because some schools might not hire you if you are
more expensive.

Master's Degrees are almost manditory in some school districts. So, the new
baseline is a MA. The problem comes in when someone is exceptional.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Soundhaspriority" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
audioguy wrote in message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" writes:
"Jenn" wrote in
message

[...]

What is the exact title of the degree?

BSE

Does it contain the word "associate" ?

No way.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,rec.arts.movies.production.sound
Sylvan Morein, DDS Sylvan Morein, DDS is offline

Default Arny, what does this mean? "I don't really have a replacementcareer," Morein said. "It's a very gnawing thing."

On 6/15/07 7:26, in article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

[...]

Mr. Krueger:

It is ironic that my son, Robert Morein, would attempt to challenge the
credentials of any college educated person here.

As you are aware, despite a lawsuit, my sick son Robert Morein not only
failed in his quest for a degree but also ****ed off every major college on
the eastern seaboard. Despite filing over two dozen admission requests,
they were all rejected by them - knowing full well that they too would
likely end up in a nasty lawsuit with my sick son.

Fortunately, this sad history is documented in Philadelphia newspapers,
embarrassing myself and my wife Jane.

Facts about my Son, Robert Morein

Dr. Sylvan Morein, DDS
--

Bob Morein History
--

Doctoral student takes intellectual property case to Supreme Court
By L. STUART DITZEN

PHILADELPHIA -Even the professors who dismissed him from a doctoral program
at Drexel University agreed that Robert Morein was uncommonly smart.

They apparently didn't realize that he was uncommonly stubborn too - so much
so that he would mount a court fight all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court
to challenge his dismissal.

The Supremes have already rejected this appeal, btw.

"It's a personality trait I have - I'm a tenacious guy," said Morein, a
pleasantly eccentric man regarded by friends as an inventive genius. "And we
do come to a larger issue here."

An "inventive genius" that has never invented anything. And hardly
"pleasantly" eccentric.

A five-year legal battle between this unusual ex-student and one of
Philadelphia's premier educational institutions has gone largely unnoticed
by the media and the public.

Because no one gives a **** about a 50 year old loser.

But it has been the subject of much attention in academia.

Drexel says it dismissed Morein in 1995 because he failed, after eight
years, to complete a thesis required for a doctorate in electrical and
computer engineering.

Not to mention the 12 years it took him to get thru high school!
BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Morein, 50, of Dresher, Pa., contends that he was dismissed only after his
thesis adviser "appropriated" an innovative idea Morein had developed in a
rarefied area of thought called "estimation theory" and arranged to have it
patented.

A contention rejected by three courts. From a 50 YEAR OLD that has
done NOTHING PRODUCTIVE with his life.

In February 2000, Philadelphia Common Pleas Court Judge Esther R. Sylvester
ruled that Morein's adviser indeed had taken his idea.

An idea that was worth nothing, because it didn't work. Just like
Robert Morein, who has never worked a day in his life.

Sylvester held that Morein had been unjustly dismissed and she ordered
Drexel to reinstate him or refund his tuition.

Funnily enough, Drexel AGREED to reinstate Morein, who rejected the
offer because he knew he was and IS a failed loser. Spending daddy's
money to cover up his lack of productivity.

That brought roars of protest from the lions of academia. There is a long
tradition in America of noninterference by the courts in academic decisions.

Backed by every major university in Pennsylvania and organizations
representing thousands of others around the country, Drexel appealed to the
state Superior Court.

The appellate court, by a 2-1 vote, reversed Sylvester in June 2001 and
restored the status quo. Morein was, once again, out at Drexel. And the
time-honored axiom that courts ought to keep their noses out of academic
affairs was reasserted.

The state Supreme Court declined to review the case and, in an ordinary
litigation, that would have been the end of it.

But Morein, in a quixotic gesture that goes steeply against the odds, has
asked the highest court in the land to give him a hearing.

Daddy throws more money down the crapper.

His attorney, Faye Riva Cohen, said the Supreme Court appeal is important
even if it fails because it raises the issue of whether a university has a
right to lay claim to a student's ideas - or intellectual property - without
compensation.

"Any time you are in a Ph.D. program, you are a serf, you are a slave," said
Cohen. Morein "is concerned not only for himself. He feels that what
happened to him is pretty common."

It's called HIGHER EDUCATION, honey. The students aren't in charge,
the UNIVERSITY and PROFESSORS are.

Drexel's attorney, Neil J. Hamburg, called Morein's appeal - and his claim
that his idea was stolen - "preposterous."

"I will eat my shoe if the Supreme Court hears this case," declared Hamburg.
"We're not even going to file a response. He is a brilliant guy, but his
intelligence should be used for the advancement of society rather than
pursuing self-destructive litigation."

No **** sherlock.

The litigation began in 1997, when Morein sued Drexel claiming that a
committee of professors had dumped him after he accused his faculty adviser,
Paul Kalata, of appropriating his idea.

His concept was considered to have potential value for businesses in
minutely measuring the internal functions of machines, industrial processes
and electronic systems.

The field of "estimation theory" is one in which scientists attempt to
calculate what they cannot plainly observe, such as the inside workings of a
nuclear plant or a computer.

My estimation theory? There is NO brain at work inside the head of
Robert Morein, only sawdust.

Prior to Morein's dismissal, Drexel looked into his complaint against Kalata
and concluded that the associate professor had done nothing wrong. Kalata,
through a university lawyer, declined to comment.

At a nonjury trial before Sylvester in 1999, Morein testified that Kalata in
1990 had posed a technical problem for him to study for his thesis. It
related to estimation theory.

Kalata, who did not appear at the trial, said in a 1998 deposition that a
Cherry Hill company for which he was a paid consultant, K-Tron
International, had asked him to develop an alternate estimation method for
it. The company manufactures bulk material feeders and conveyors used in
industrial processes.

Morein testified that, after much study, he experienced "a flash of
inspiration" and came up with a novel mathematical concept to address the
problem Kalata had presented.

Without his knowledge, Morein said, Kalata shared the idea with K-Tron.

K-Tron then applied for a patent, listing Kalata and Morein as co-inventors.

Morein said he agreed "under duress" to the arrangement, but felt "locked
into a highly disadvantageous situation." As a result, he testified, he
became alienated from Kalata.

As events unfolded, Kalata signed over his interest in the patent to K-Tron.
The company never capitalized on the technology and eventually allowed the
patent to lapse. No one made any money from it.

Because it was bogus. Even Kalata was mortified that he was a victim
of this SCAMSTER, Robert Morein.

In 1991, Morein went to the head of Drexel's electrical engineering
department, accused Kalata of appropriating his intellectual property, and
asked for a new faculty adviser.

The staff at Drexel laughed wildly at the ignorance of Robert Morein.

He didn't get one. Instead, a committee of four professors, including
Kalata, was formed to oversee Morein's thesis work.

Four years later, the committee dismissed him, saying he had failed to
complete his thesis.

So Morein ****s up his first couple years, gets new faculty advisers
(a TEAM), and then ****s up again! Brilliant!

Morein claimed that the committee intentionally had undermined him.

Morein makes LOTS of claims that are nonsense. One look thru the
usenet proves it.

Judge Sylvester agreed. In her ruling, Sylvester wrote: "It is this court's
opinion that the defendants were motivated by bad faith and ill will."

So much for political machine judges.

The U.S. Supreme Court receives 7,000 appeals a year and agrees to hear only
about 100 of them.

Hamburg, Drexel's attorney, is betting the high court will reject Morein's
appeal out of hand because its focal point - concerning a student's right to
intellectual property - was not central to the litigation in the
Pennsylvania courts.

Morein said he understands it's a long shot, but he feels he must pursue it.

Just like all the failed "causes" Morein pursues. Heck, he's been
chasing another "Brian McCarty" for years and yet has ZERO impact on
anything.

Failure. Look it up in Websters. You'll see a picture of Robert
Morein. The poster boy for SCAMMING LOSERS.

"I had to seek closure," he said.

Without a doctorate, he said, he has been unable to pursue a career he had
hoped would lead him into research on artificial intelligence.

Who better to tell us about "artificial intelligence".
BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

As it is, Morein lives at home with his father and makes a modest income
from stock investments. He has written a film script that he is trying to
make into a movie. And in the basement of his father's home he is working on
an invention, an industrial pump so powerful it could cut steel with a
bulletlike stream of water.

FAILED STUDENT
FAILED MOVIE MAKER
FAILED SCREENWRITER
FAILED INVESTOR
FAILED DRIVER
FAILED SON
FAILED PARENTS
FAILED INVENTOR
FAILED PLAINTIFF
FAILED HOMOSEXUAL
FAILED HUMAN
FAILED
FAILED

But none of it is what he had imagined for himself.

"I don't really have a replacement career," Morein said. "It's a very
gnawing thing.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Soundhaspriority" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
news
"Soundhaspriority" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
audioguy wrote in message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" writes:
"Jenn" wrote in
message

[...]

What is the name of the granting institution?

Oakland University

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,rec.arts.movies.production.sound
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Sylvan Morein, DDS" wrote in message

On 6/15/07 7:26, in article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

[...]

Agreed. My take is that he's over-compensating.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes,rec.arts.movies.production.sound
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

AutoProjectionBorg dallies with a malevolent sockpuppet.

Agreed. My take is that he's over-compensating.

As usual, you're over-defecating. Surprise! (Not!)

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

y.
net

[...]

Kindergarten generally isn't considered higher ed! ;-)

There's a reason for that, which has pretty well been explained.

Though there was a time in K-12 teaching when we were
told not to get a Masters degree before getting our first
jobs, because some schools might not hire you if you are
more expensive.

Master's Degrees are almost manditory in some school districts.

True, but rare, and not in the past about which I write. And, teacher
shortages are really starting to come to the forefront nationwide.

So, the new
baseline is a MA. The problem comes in when someone is exceptional.

And doctorates are the baseline in higher ed. In the performing arts,
this really became reality about 8 years ago. In 1995, I left teaching
for 4 years to deal with sick family members and my own medical issues.
At that time, it wasn't uncommon for conductors (including myself) with
"just" Masters degrees to get hired at 4-year schools. Now, that's
almost impossible. Just about every job has a doctorate as basic
requirements. Leonard Bernstein coudln't get hired at a University of
California or State University now.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Robert said:

BTW, I don't think you
particularly liked Bwian when he challenged you as "audioaesthetic."

You didn't tell us why you believe "audioaesthetic" is one of Bwian's
aliases. Lessons are more likely to be learned if a complete chain of
reasoning or evidence is presented along with the conclusion.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article

et,
Jenn wrote:

And doctorates are the baseline in higher ed. In the performing arts,
this really became reality about 8 years ago. In 1995, I left teaching
for 4 years to deal with sick family members and my own medical issues.
At that time, it wasn't uncommon for conductors (including myself) with
"just" Masters degrees to get hired at 4-year schools. Now, that's
almost impossible. Just about every job has a doctorate as basic
requirements. Leonard Bernstein coudln't get hired at a University of
California or State University now.

I can second this! There are so many candidates for university jobs that
the degree bar can be set high. Unfortunately, this can make music an
academic pyramid scheme that undervalues real-world experience and
requirements. On the other hand, there will be fewer music profs like
the ones who fell into their jobs forty years ago when the field was
wide open.

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article

et,
Jenn wrote:

[...]

Half of the faculty at the UT School of Music couldn't teach in the CA
higher ed system, above the community college level! Including my
wonderful friend Jerry Judkin, one of the best conductors in the country.

My favorite story about such things involves the horn and percussion
teacher at Cal State Fullerton. He was hired to teach those studios
many years ago, but can't get tenured because of no doctorate. So every
three years, they have to advertise his job, even though he has been
there for well over 20 years and does great work. They put on the job
announcement "Must be a professional quality performer on both French
Horn and Orchestral Percussion". lol There IS no one else like that,
so he and the department are safe.

One day I went to a concert by the LA Chamber Orchestra in the afternoon
and the LA Phil in the evening. Todd was playing tympani in the LACO
and Wagner Tuba in the LAPO. What a guy!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

On the other hand, there will be fewer music profs like
the ones who fell into their jobs forty years ago when the field was
wide open.

Are you saying something about certain music professors whom you
carefully omitted naming?

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

One day I went to a concert by the LA Chamber Orchestra in the afternoon
and the LA Phil in the evening. Todd was playing tympani in the LACO
and Wagner Tuba in the LAPO. What a guy!

Does this story support or undermine the Krooborg's klaims of being
ejikaided?

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius cmndr _ george @ comcast . net wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

On the other hand, there will be fewer music profs like
the ones who fell into their jobs forty years ago when the field was
wide open.

Are you saying something about certain music professors whom you
carefully omitted naming?

I'd guess every big state school music department has had at least one
of these. It's probably worse in other fields.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article

et,
Jenn wrote:

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article

et,
Jenn wrote:

[...]

Yes! UT has special positions for the string quartet in residence and
active opera singers for whom academic credentials are, umm, academic.

My favorite story about such things involves the horn and percussion
teacher at Cal State Fullerton. He was hired to teach those studios
many years ago, but can't get tenured because of no doctorate. So every
three years, they have to advertise his job, even though he has been
there for well over 20 years and does great work. They put on the job
announcement "Must be a professional quality performer on both French
Horn and Orchestral Percussion". lol There IS no one else like that,
so he and the department are safe.

One day I went to a concert by the LA Chamber Orchestra in the afternoon
and the LA Phil in the evening. Todd was playing tympani in the LACO
and Wagner Tuba in the LAPO. What a guy!

Great story! My undergrad school had the reverse problem when someone
who taught music history and viola left and the department had to find
another who could do both well enough.

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

On the other hand, there will be fewer music profs like
the ones who fell into their jobs forty years ago when the field was
wide open.

Are you saying something about certain music professors whom you
carefully omitted naming?

I'd guess every big state school music department has had at least one
of these. It's probably worse in other fields.

Never happened in engineering, though.....

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

On the other hand, there will be fewer music profs like
the ones who fell into their jobs forty years ago when the field was
wide open.

Are you saying something about certain music professors whom you
carefully omitted naming?

I'd guess every big state school music department has had at least one
of these. It's probably worse in other fields.

Never happened in engineering, though.....

Good thing! or we wouldn't be so close to perfection in today's products.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

I'd guess every big state school music department has had at least one
of these. It's probably worse in other fields.

Never happened in engineering, though.....

Good thing! or we wouldn't be so close to perfection in today's products.

Speaking of perfection, how about those Dodge Omni ashtrays?

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

I'd guess every big state school music department has had at least one
of these. It's probably worse in other fields.

Never happened in engineering, though.....

Good thing! or we wouldn't be so close to perfection in today's products.

Speaking of perfection, how about those Dodge Omni ashtrays?

The best part of the car.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jun 15, 5:25 pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article ,
George M. Middius cmndr _ george @ comcast . net wrote:

Speaking of perfection, how about those Dodge Omni ashtrays?

The best part of the car.

Arni's game was on back then.

So Arny.... Jenn Audio Opinions 14 September 29th 06 04:03 PM
Arny.... Clyde Slick Audio Opinions 58 February 2nd 06 07:12 PM
I'm Sorry Arny Tom Audio Opinions 2 March 16th 05 03:41 PM
Arny, warming-up for the debate... Arny tells LIES ! Powell Audio Opinions 2 February 4th 05 03:37 PM
ARNY!!!! The Stainless Steel Boob Orchestra Audio Opinions 75 October 13th 03 09:37 PM