Posted to rec.audio.pro
Kevin T Kevin T is offline

Default Noise simulation

What type(s) of noise best simulates car/ road /babble /street /wind /
rairoad train types of noise. I'm testing mobile
systems performance in typical busy loud enviorments.

Kevin T

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Kevin T wrote:
What type(s) of noise best simulates car/ road /babble /street /wind /
rairoad train types of noise. I'm testing mobile
systems performance in typical busy loud enviorments.

They are all different, and they are not all necessarily midrange-heavy.
HP used to sell a test disc of noise recorded in various different
environments for just this sort of thing. Agilent may still.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Larry Green Larry Green is offline

Scott Dorsey wrote:
Kevin T wrote:
What type(s) of noise best simulates car/ road /babble /street /wind /
rairoad train types of noise. I'm testing mobile
systems performance in typical busy loud enviorments.

They are all different, and they are not all necessarily midrange-heavy.
HP used to sell a test disc of noise recorded in various different
environments for just this sort of thing. Agilent may still.

The BBC used to sell sound effects CDs that had a huge range of ambient sounds
on them and being the BBC they were all of excellent quality. I used to use them
when I worked as a Lecturer in a College in the UK and ran their recording studio.

--
Larry Green
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Kevin T Kevin T is offline

So

I'm forced to continue using several environment noise recordings with
undefined parameters? Bummer! Sure is hard to get same test results
with no consensus amongst different audio developers/ departments on
is which files are to be standard