Posted to rec.music.makers.piano,rec.music.indian.misc,alt.music.gospel.southern,alt.fan.barry-manilow,rec.audio.pro
[email protected] downloadhub@gmail.com is offline

Default Windows Media Player 11 Released

Windows Media Player 11 Released

click here to download:
http://downloadhub.uni.cc/category/detail.php?id=5951
Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP offers great new ways to store
and enjoy all your music, video, pictures, and recorded TV. Play it,
view it, and sync it to a portable device for enjoying on the go or
even share with devices around your home-all from one place.
Simplicity In Design

Simplicity In Design
Bring a whole new look to your digital entertainment.
More of the Music You Love

More of the Music You Love
Breathe new life into your digital music experience.
All Your Entertainment in One Place

All Your Entertainment in One Place
Store and enjoy all of your music, video, pictures, and recorded TV.
Enjoy Everywhere

Enjoy Everywhere
Stay connected with your music, video, and pictures no matter where you
are.
click here to download:
http://downloadhub.uni.cc/category/detail.php?id=5951

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Morgan \(MAMS\) David Morgan \(MAMS\) is offline

wrote in message...

Windows Media Player 11 Released

Dear heaven, will it ever end....

Posted to rec.music.makers.piano,rec.music.indian.misc,alt.music.gospel.southern,alt.fan.barry-manilow,rec.audio.pro
Getting Older and Grumpier Gear Minion Getting Older and Grumpier Gear Minion is offline

wrote:
Windows Media Player 11 Released

snip

Almost as exciting as getting my new phonebook.
Seasonal Greeting inserted

Posted to rec.music.makers.piano,rec.music.indian.misc,alt.music.gospel.southern,alt.fan.barry-manilow,rec.audio.pro
TommyDale TommyDale is offline

Warning!! If you use MediaShout! software, Windows Media Player 11
will cause all sorts of problems, including loss of video output.
Download WMP11 at your own risk!

wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.music.makers.piano,rec.music.indian.misc,alt.music.gospel.southern,alt.fan.barry-manilow,rec.audio.pro
James James is offline

wrote:
[...]

Thanks for that info. Tom. Sounded nice when I first read about it, but
I wouldn`t
want a lot of problems. So thanks again.

Posted to rec.music.makers.piano,rec.music.indian.misc,alt.music.gospel.southern,alt.fan.barry-manilow,rec.audio.pro
TommyDale TommyDale is offline

I'll tell you what angers me about this latest atrocity from Microsoft:
When I am already annoyed that WMP 11 has caused me problems, and I
was fortunate enough to roll back to Version 10, now every time I run
Version 10 I get their nag screen asking me to upgrade to Verson 11.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Paul wrote:
wrote:
Windows Media Player 11 Released

I installed it a few days ago and it's already crashed my
system once (my system never crashes). The menus are
about as far from standard as possible. With Media
Player window fullsize it blocks the automatic apparition
of the taskbar at the bottom when you pull your mouse
down there. No other piece of software I have ever seen
does this. The user interface is nowhere near intuitively
obvious.

I guess none of this is surpising coming from Microsoft...

Paul

Posted to rec.music.makers.piano,rec.music.indian.misc,alt.music.gospel.southern,alt.fan.barry-manilow,rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

TommyDale wrote:
I'll tell you what angers me about this latest atrocity from Microsoft:
When I am already annoyed that WMP 11 has caused me problems, and I
was fortunate enough to roll back to Version 10, now every time I run
Version 10 I get their nag screen asking me to upgrade to Verson 11.

I got a new computer a few months back which had Media Player 10
installed. I find the user interface clumsy and wanted to install
Version 9, which worked fine for my use. Nope, it wouldn't let me
because there was a newer version already installed. And I could find
no way of un-installing it so I could install Version 9.

I've been using the open source "Media Player Classic" that someone
recommended when I took my plight to rec.audio.pro but that's kind of
funky too. Sometimes it doesn't really stop when I close it. I'll see
the data light flickering on the DSL modem, look in the Task Manager,
and see that Media Player is still running. Or I'll shut down the
computer and it'll tell me that Media Player is still running and asks
if I want to close it.

PFFFFFTT!

The only reason I use it is to listen to radio stations over the
Internet that use the Media Player streaming protocol. I play CDs and
watch TV in the living room, away from the computer.

Posted to rec.music.makers.piano,rec.music.indian.misc,alt.music.gospel.southern,alt.fan.barry-manilow,rec.audio.pro
David Bruce Murray David Bruce Murray is offline

I have had WMP11 for a while. The only real annoying problem I've had with
it so far is that it won't stream anything in Firefox 2.0. I've tried to
find a Firefox plug-in, but no luck. You'd think streaming Windows media
files would be a feature they'd want to include in a popular browser.

Not happy with WMP11's clunky interface, I recently invested in Nero 7 Ultra
Edition.

It includes a slew of products, including Nero Home (an alternative to
Windows Media Center), wave editing software, Recode (copies unprotected
DVDs, compresses it if necessary, and burns to DVD), Nero Burning ROM, and
more.

The main reason I initially downloaded the Nero suite was so I could use
Nero instead of iTunes to burn Audible audiobooks to CD. iTunes takes its
own sweet time converting and burning Audible files to a standard CD, and if
you burn a dud, it's a pain to go back and re-burn the one disc you need. In
Nero, it's a simple matter of checking a box beside the one you want and
going from there.

I actually went ahead and bought the Nero suite after I tried several of the
programs in the trial version and found they worked the way I expected them
to work. I especially like the DVD player, Nero Showtime...and since I watch
a lot of DVDs on my computer, I wanted something better than InterVideo's
WinDVD, which came with my computer.

The only thing I had to do after installing the suite was run "msconfig" to
disable all the auto-start programs Nero had added during the install
process. This is typical for any suite type software, unfortunately. I don't
know why all software makers think it's in the user's best interest to start
up a bunch of programs every time the computer is turned on. They make the
computer run like molasses, which annoys the customer.

I also use Musicmatch Jukebox, which is pretty good for handling MP3 files.
I've often used MMJB's Convert feature to change a WAV file to an MP3.

By the way, if you buy music online in the WMA format, there's a product
called Sound Taxi that will convert your files to MP3. Another program
called MP3 Magic will split or join MP3 files, and add fades to the
beginning or end.

I've also used a program called MP3 Gain to set the relative volume levels
of all my MP3 files, so that one isn't terribly quiet while the next one
blasts you away.

Point being...there's a lot of alternatives to WMP, and some of them are
pretty cheap, or in some cases, free. If you download music, you aren't
stuck with using WMP just because the files you download are in the WMA
format. I've never used WMP11 that much, and I doubt I'll use it that much
in the future...especially with this awful interface. At the same time, I
don't hate WMP11 enough to revert to WMP10. It's just another audio player
that Microsoft didn't do such a hot job designing...sort of like Windows
itself.

David Murray

Posted to rec.music.makers.piano,rec.music.indian.misc,alt.music.gospel.southern,alt.fan.barry-manilow,rec.audio.pro
Doc Weaver Doc Weaver is offline

David Bruce Murray wrote:
[...]

Thats odd. I have had no luck with Nero (especially Showtime) For
videos I use Vegas or Pinnacle studio and for regular CDs I use
I-Tunes. Your right about it being slow, but 99 out of 100 times, it
works (for me). I can't get WMP to burn correctly 1 out of 10 times.

I guess the moral of the story is to use whatever works for you.

Doc Weaver

Posted to rec.music.makers.piano,rec.music.indian.misc,alt.music.gospel.southern,alt.fan.barry-manilow,rec.audio.pro
David Bruce Murray David Bruce Murray is offline

"Doc Weaver" wrote in message
ps.com...
Thats odd. I have had no luck with Nero (especially Showtime) For
videos I use Vegas or Pinnacle studio and for regular CDs I use
I-Tunes.

Are you talking about watching video and audio or editing video and audio?
The Nero Showtime that I have is just a player.

I should clarify that for serious video editing, I also use and recommend
Vegas. I have version 6. The video editing software in the Nero suite (Nero
Vision) is nowhere near as flexible or professional as Vegas.

I like Nero's Recode, though, for copying un-protected DVDs and reburning
them...simple, easy to understand...

If I'm wanting to custom design menus, etc., to make it look really slick,
I'll use DVD Architect which came with Vegas, but if I'm merely wanting to
slap together a compilation of some personal videos to show to some friends,
I think this Nero software can probably get it done more rapidly for me.

I guess the moral of the story is to use whatever works for you.

True.

David Bruce Murray

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bob Cain Bob Cain is offline

David Bruce Murray wrote:
I have had WMP11 for a while. The only real annoying problem I've had
with it so far is that it won't stream anything in Firefox 2.0. I've
tried to find a Firefox plug-in, but no luck. You'd think streaming
Windows media files would be a feature they'd want to include in a
popular browser.

M$ has it's own popular browser and would actually want to break that
capability for Firefox. Mission accomplished.

Bob
--

"Things should be described as simply as possible, but no simpler."

A. Einstein
Posted to rec.music.makers.piano,rec.music.indian.misc,alt.music.gospel.southern,alt.fan.barry-manilow,rec.audio.pro
Doc Weaver Doc Weaver is offline

David Bruce Murray wrote:
"Doc Weaver" wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

The showtime I have came with some piece of gear I bought, so I
installed it. Every time I try to use it, some pop up says I need to
download something else. I just gave up and went with what was
working. Sonic works too.

As for Firefox, many of my IE problems don't transfer, but some
programs (like McAfee) refuse to download through Firefox.

It seems like you need 14 programs for each function of your computer.
Nothing like buying more hard drive space.

Doc Weaver

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau Romeo Rondeau is offline

Bob Cain wrote:
David Bruce Murray wrote:
I have had WMP11 for a while. The only real annoying problem I've had
with it so far is that it won't stream anything in Firefox 2.0. I've
tried to find a Firefox plug-in, but no luck. You'd think streaming
Windows media files would be a feature they'd want to include in a
popular browser.

M$ has it's own popular browser and would actually want to break that
capability for Firefox. Mission accomplished.

Bob

So, you're saying that there is a deliberate effort on Microsoft's part
to intentional cripple the functionality of Firefox?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Peter Larsen Peter Larsen is offline

Romeo Rondeau wrote:

M$ has it's own popular browser and would actually want to
break that capability for Firefox. Mission accomplished.

Bob

So, you're saying that there is a deliberate effort on
Microsoft's part to intentional cripple the functionality
of Firefox?

You have to understand that they have only so much resources and that
they can not within reasonable time support such a poorly documented
product.

Firefox has a very poor uninstall behaviour btw. and leaves pointers to
itself in the registry instead of properly restoring the previous ones.

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ryan M Ryan M is offline

Try foobar2000.

Supports almost any format (other than proprietary RealAudio, in which
case RealAlternative is the solution). Allows bypassing of the kernel
mixer, for exact playback (you do know that Media Player doesn't play
back *exactly* what's in the WAV file, right???)

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Peter Larsen wrote:
Romeo Rondeau wrote:

M$ has it's own popular browser and would actually want to
break that capability for Firefox. Mission accomplished.

Bob

So, you're saying that there is a deliberate effort on
Microsoft's part to intentional cripple the functionality
of Firefox?

You have to understand that they have only so much resources and that
they can not within reasonable time support such a poorly documented
product.

Firefox has a very poor uninstall behaviour btw. and leaves pointers to
itself in the registry instead of properly restoring the previous ones.

I really like Firefox, but I use Windows Media Player Classic. I have
yet to have any problems with it, although I think it was Mike that said
that the thing will keep running sometimes. Anywho... it's the
responsibility of the browser to update for the new media player if they
plan to continue to rely on it to play media instead of using their own
media player. I use their Thunderbird e-mail package, too. I haven't
uninstalled either one, so I haven't run into those problems. Microsoft
gets blamed for all kinds of things, though... some of them are true,
most are not.
Posted to rec.music.makers.piano,rec.music.indian.misc,alt.music.gospel.southern,alt.fan.barry-manilow,rec.audio.pro

David Bruce Murray wrote:

Point being...there's a lot of alternatives to WMP, and some of them are
pretty cheap, or in some cases, free. If you download music, you aren't
stuck with using WMP just because the files you download are in the WMA
format.

I don't do that. I primarily use it for listening to the "radio" on
line. They do such a good job of hiding access to anything but the
pre-programmed Internet radio stations that I can never find what I'm
looking for when I want to add a URL to the "favorites" list. I managed
to sort that out in WMP 9 and earlier versions, but now it's hidden.
And if I"m not careful, it will change shapes and different things will
become visible or invisible.

Posted to rec.music.makers.piano,rec.music.indian.misc,alt.music.gospel.southern,alt.fan.barry-manilow,rec.audio.pro
Steve King Steve King is offline

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Bruce Murray wrote:

Point being...there's a lot of alternatives to WMP, and some of them are
pretty cheap, or in some cases, free. If you download music, you aren't
stuck with using WMP just because the files you download are in the WMA
format.

I don't do that. I primarily use it for listening to the "radio" on
line. They do such a good job of hiding access to anything but the
pre-programmed Internet radio stations that I can never find what I'm
looking for when I want to add a URL to the "favorites" list. I managed
to sort that out in WMP 9 and earlier versions, but now it's hidden.
And if I"m not careful, it will change shapes and different things will
become visible or invisible.

I wonder if people in their primary demographic, which is to say people a
lot younger than most of us, are having these issues with WMP. Probably
not. I, too, use Media Player Classic. I like how straight forward it is.
I spent a few minutes trying to figure out how to 'comand' WMP 10 to do what
I wanted it to and gave up. Not worth the time for me.

Steve King

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

David Bruce Murray wrote:
I have had WMP11 for a while. The only real annoying problem I've had
with it so far is that it won't stream anything in Firefox 2.0. I've
tried to find a Firefox plug-in, but no luck. You'd think streaming
Windows media files would be a feature they'd want to include in a
popular browser.
Not happy with WMP11's clunky interface, I recently invested in Nero
7 Ultra Edition.

Does it play 24 bit WAVs yet ?

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bob Cain Bob Cain is offline

Romeo Rondeau wrote:

So, you're saying that there is a deliberate effort on Microsoft's part
to intentional cripple the functionality of Firefox?

No, you are saying that. If I remember correctly I said, "M$ has it's
own popular browser and would actually want to break that capability
for Firefox. Mission accomplished."

But considering that M$ has never exploited its position to make other
completing applications inoperable or incompatible, I realize what a
silly implication that is.

Bob
--

"Things should be described as simply as possible, but no simpler."

A. Einstein
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Romeo Rondeau wrote:

Firefox has a very poor uninstall behaviour btw. ....

I really like Firefox,

I just installed it on a box to test it, now I have gotten used to being
able to fully uninstall because most programmers have learned the "how
to's". Having to do registry edits to make links work again without them
pointing to Firefox taught me also to have an image of that box ready
fora reinstall. To be fair, they may have fixed that issue since.

but I use Windows Media Player Classic. I have
yet to have any problems with it,

Media Player does alter the sound of any- and everything that passes
through it and if you try writing a cd with a classical live recording
it will normalize it for you and fix the loudness errors you - or the
ensemble - made. Windows knows best, and windows cares for you ....

Winamp is a much nicer listening tool and the files sound approximately
as in the editing software used.

Always always always: on any windows box change the playback loudspeaker
choice from "loudspeakers for the desktop" to "headphones", that at
least appears to be reasonably linear, all the other options do strange
and undocumented things to the bass range.

Peter Larsen
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau Romeo Rondeau is offline

Media Player does alter the sound of any- and everything that passes
through it and if you try writing a cd with a classical live recording
it will normalize it for you and fix the loudness errors you - or the
ensemble - made. Windows knows best, and windows cares for you ....

I don't know, if you're using it to burn a CD of anything you care
about... you kinda get what you deserve there :-)

Winamp is a much nicer listening tool and the files sound approximately
as in the editing software used.

I totally agree, I use Winamp for listening to mp3's. Media Player
Classic is for videos on my system. I can't stand the way WMP sounds,
you are right... it does something to audio for sure.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:51:46 +1300, "Geoff"
wrote:

Not happy with WMP11's clunky interface, I recently invested in Nero
7 Ultra Edition.

Does it play 24 bit WAVs yet ?

The interface can probably be modified.

24-bit WAVs? Dunno. I'll try.

YES!
Posted to rec.music.makers.piano,rec.music.indian.misc,alt.music.gospel.southern,alt.fan.barry-manilow,rec.audio.pro
Mario Bruneau Mario Bruneau is offline

Thanks a lot Dave for MP3 Gain freeware. I've been waiting for this kind of
programm for a long time.

IMPORTANT! SVP enlever NO...SPAM de l'adresse de retour pour répondre
IMPORTANT! PLEASE remove NO...SPAM from the return adress

Mario Bruneau
Répondre à / reply to :
819 843 3852
http://www.mariobruneau.com