Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default WTB:Schoeps MK41 capsule

Hi All,

Bit by bit, my quest continues! The Great River MP2 and the LynxOne
have made a great(!!) difference to the recordings I'm getting and I'm
happy so far. I am still looking for the mic but I'm nearly there.

Under the threat of spousal violence, I've been cutting down the budget
as much as possible. I've bought a 2nd hand cmc5 amplifier (waiting for
it to get here) so now I'm looking for the MK41 capsule. If anyone has
one for sale or know of someone selling one, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Gerry Nelson

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Anahata

Carey Carlan wrote:

Who in their right mind would part with one?

You'd better be right. I've just ordered two!

(the only answer to your question would have to be: someone who
desperately needed the money)

Anahata
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Charles Tomaras wrote:
"Carey Carlan" wrote in message
Who in their right mind would part with one?

Even is one were being sold used. If it was in good shape and fully
operative I can't imagine being able to get much of a discount from what a
new one would cost. Most of us who have existing Schoeps capsules purchased
them when the list prices were higher than they are today. I say...bite the
bullet and buy a brand new capsule that you will be happy with for years.

Really, what everyone bought it for doesn't make a difference. They now
sell for USD1000 each in Australia. Are you saying I shouldn't even
check if a secondhand capsule is out there?

Gerry

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar

can't you buy one here in the states and have it shipped over? Redding
Audio is the distributor here. I don't know if they sell direct or if
you ahve to go through a dealer, but i think the 41 caps are something
like 6 or $700 new. Shipping to Australia by USPS can't be much,
especiaklly for such a small package.

Nate

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Hi Nate,

I've found a dealer in Germany (not musicians gear) that have given me
a good price. Thing is, over here, there's no duty on any imports
valued up to $700 and all the US prices I've seen have been closer to
$800. I'll be ordering it in the next couple of days.

Gerry

Posted to rec.audio.pro
anahata

wrote:

Really, what everyone bought it for doesn't make a difference. They now
sell for USD1000 each in Australia. Are you saying I shouldn't even
check if a secondhand capsule is out there?

Try
http://www.thomann.de
They ship anywhere, I think.

Schoeps MK41: 440 Euro = $533

--
Anahata
-+- http://www.treewind.co.uk
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Charles Tomaras

"anahata" wrote in message

Really, what everyone bought it for doesn't make a difference. They now
sell for USD1000 each in Australia. Are you saying I shouldn't even
check if a secondhand capsule is out there?

Try
http://www.thomann.de
They ship anywhere, I think.

Schoeps MK41: 440 Euro = $533

Don't you mean 644 Euro = $772 ?
http://www.thomann.de/iw_smb_suche.h...&LIMIT_WAGR=on

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Anahata

Charles Tomaras wrote:
"anahata" wrote
Thomann...
Schoeps MK41: 440 Euro = $533

Don't you mean 644 Euro = $772 ?

Yes, my bad, I was reading the price translated into UK pounds. Sorry to
have raised anyone's hopes in vain.

They're still quite competitive though :-)

Anahata

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Apparently this person:
http://tinyurl.com/ns5az

Gerry

Anyone use the M1 capsule for oktava 012? Nate Najar Pro Audio 0 June 18th 05 06:17 AM
mytek adc96.matched pair of gefell umt800,and gefell mk202 capsule mr.gefell Pro Audio 0 February 12th 05 01:59 PM
C414EB capsule switch Lars Pro Audio 4 May 18th 04 09:49 PM
C414EB capsule switch Lars Pro Audio 0 May 18th 04 10:27 AM
B.L.U.E. B-7 capsule? rickymix Pro Audio 3 March 4th 04 08:34 PM