Posted to rec.audio.pro
Sean B Sean B is offline

Default Sound Differences of Schoeps Capsules MK41 & MK4

Hello,

Do these capsules sound much different? Some people think the MK4 is smoother sounding. Any impressions appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean B
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_] Ty Ford[_2_] is offline

On Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 3:36:40 PM UTC-4, Sean B wrote:
Hello,

Do these capsules sound much different? Some people think the MK4 is smoother sounding. Any impressions appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean B

The M4 is wider than the MK41.

Regards,

Ty
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Kuschel Richard Kuschel is offline

On Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 1:36:40 PM UTC-6, Sean B wrote:
Hello,

Do these capsules sound much different? Some people think the MK4 is smoother sounding. Any impressions appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean B

I have the 41 capsule and absolutely love it. My experience with Supercardioid is that the off axis response tends to be more accurate than that of a cardioid, Unfortunately, I have not been able to make a direct comparison of the 4 and the 41.
The Schoeps condensors tend to be smoother than any other condensor microphones that I have used Neumann, Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, without the hi end shrillness of the Neumann 184 and others in that series.

If I didn't have about 50 great microphones, I'd just buy more Schoeps.