Dynamic Mic Noise

Old September 18th 18, 03:33 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
PStamler

Default Dynamic Mic Noise

The Beta58 is alive and well, now called the Beta 58A. Swee****er, among others, sells them:

https://www.swee****er.com/store/det...cal-microphone

In my one experience eith a Beta 58A, it sounded better than any SM58 I'd heard. The fact that Tom Russell was singing into it didn't hurt.

Peace,
Paul

Old September 18th 18, 05:30 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

PStamler wrote:

> The Beta58 is alive and well, now called the Beta 58A.

** Not true.

The Beta58 was Shure's first attempt to modernise & upgrade the venerable SM58.

Among several other changes, the Beta58 featured a hum bucking coil and eliminated the transformer in the handle by using a higher impedance diaphragm coil - 250ohm instead of circa 13ohm, which allowed direct output.

It remained on sale for a short time in the early 1990s, before being withdrawn and replaced with the Beta58A in which the hum bucking coil was removed but strangely the transformer returned along with a circa 20ohm diaphragm.

..... Phil