How to build an acoustics simulation virtual lab?

Old August 27th 18, 08:37 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Piotr Mancini

Default How to build an acoustics simulation virtual lab?

This is a long term question. We are in the process of building an Internet website that will allow the users to experiment, learn and ask questions about distances, angles, trajectories, ballistics and sounds related to a very specific event.

This is the website where we plan to host the simulations, data, etc.

Free Open Source 3D Model of Dealey Plaza
http://dealey-plaza.org/

That would become the central point for interested users all the way from doctoral dissertation to high school students to aficionados.

The main objective is obvious: the visual part, mechanics. See frames extracted from the latest documentary he

https://goo.gl/4NozMj

We plan to duplicate that part, except that it will be in an open scientific way, with all the files being public and top universities (plus leading schools of 3D design) being invited to participate.

However, many users have expressed their interest to explore aspects within the realm of acoustics.

The most popular subject of scrutiny is this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F...belt_recording

However, we envision that other inquiries could be studied in that platform:

An ear witnesses located in the 7th floor under the so-called sniper's nest testified that he heard distinct sounds:

boom, clink
boom, click
boom, clink

If the precise material and structure of that floor can be determined with precision, is it possible to ascertain the decibel levels of those sounds?. The rifle in question is well known, a Mannlichter-Carcano Model 91/38.

Our interest is simple: to bring scientific, numerical clarity to that tragic event, that has confounded and divided this nation and the rest for too long.

That is a tall order, and we are just getting started. For the Acoustics Section, this is the kind of resources that we are attempting to identify and reach out to:

https://www.southampton.ac.uk/vaae

But Usenet and forum users are specially welcome.

TIA

-Ramon F Herrera
ramon (at) jfknumbers.org

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustics

Old August 28th 18, 01:49 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

> The most popular subject of scrutiny is this:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F...belt_recording

I thought it was accepted that the dicta belt recording of the stuck motorcycle mic was not in Delay Plaza and therefore is not a recording of the shots.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/odell/

Also Goggle "Steve Barber Kennedy" This is a MOST interesting story and is on topic for this group.

Old August 29th 18, 03:06 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Bart Candlewick[_3_]

On 8/28/2018 8:49 AM, wrote:

>> The most popular subject of scrutiny is this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F...belt_recording

> I thought it was accepted that the dicta belt recording of the stuck motorcycle mic was not in Delay Plaza and therefore is not a recording of the shots.
>
> http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/odell/
>
> Also Goggle "Steve Barber Kennedy" This is a MOST interesting story and is on topic for this group.

Russian agitprop.
Old August 31st 18, 06:57 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Piotr Mancini

On Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 7:49:31 AM UTC-5, wrote:

> > The most popular subject of scrutiny is this:
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F...belt_recording
> >

> I thought it was accepted that the dicta belt recording of the stuck motorcycle mic was not in Delay Plaza and therefore is not a recording of the shots.

Accepted by whom?

Check out the following posts:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/to...-of-the-crime/
http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/to...comment=332855

-Ramon Galileo Herrera
JFK Numbers

Old September 4th 18, 02:20 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On Friday, August 31, 2018 at 1:57:40 PM UTC-4, Piotr Mancini wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 7:49:31 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> > >
> > > The most popular subject of scrutiny is this:
> > >
> > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F...belt_recording
> > >

> > I thought it was accepted that the dicta belt recording of the stuck motorcycle mic was not in Delay Plaza and therefore is not a recording of the shots.

> Accepted by whom?
>
> Check out the following posts:
>
> http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/to...-of-the-crime/
> http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/to...comment=332855
>
> -Ramon Galileo Herrera
> JFK Numbers

I'm not going to debate this with you.

But to others reading here, this is one of the most interesting topics in the area of sound analysis.

Mark

Open source boundary element codes for acoustics simulation Stephen Kirkup Pro Audio 0 May 7th 11 10:28 AM
Noise simulation Kevin T Pro Audio 3 April 19th 07 06:25 PM
2005/02/22 Native.Instruments.Absynth.v3.0.1.15, SpinAudio.Virtual.Mixing.Console.v1.12.Build.140, Digidesign.ProTools.v6.4.TDM.for.MIX.Systems.Mac.OSX, Steinberg.Wizoo.Xphraze.v1.1.VSTi.Mac.OSX, Propellerheads.ReCycle.v2.1.HYBRiD, PGMusic.Band.in.a vvcd General 1 May 27th 05 11:55 PM
2005/02/22 Native.Instruments.Absynth.v3.0.1.15, SpinAudio.Virtual.Mixing.Console.v1.12.Build.140, Digidesign.ProTools.v6.4.TDM.for.MIX.Systems.Mac.OSX, Steinberg.Wizoo.Xphraze.v1.1.VSTi.Mac.OSX, Propellerheads.ReCycle.v2.1.HYBRiD, PGMusic.Band.in.a vvcd Tech 0 February 22nd 05 07:15 PM
2005/02/22 Native.Instruments.Absynth.v3.0.1.15, SpinAudio.Virtual.Mixing.Console.v1.12.Build.140, Digidesign.ProTools.v6.4.TDM.for.MIX.Systems.Mac.OSX, Steinberg.Wizoo.Xphraze.v1.1.VSTi.Mac.OSX, Propellerheads.ReCycle.v2.1.HYBRiD, PGMusic.Band.in.a vvcd Pro Audio 0 February 22nd 05 07:12 PM