Posted to rec.audio.tech
GregS

Default Trunk Fit Ported Box

In article , VRSIXER wrote:

I Just Purchased Some Mtx Equipment And I Was Wondering If Anyone New
Deminsions Or A New Style Box To Omitt Massive Bass.
I Drive A 00' Vw Jetta Vr6. Equipment Mtx 3401 Amp,mtx 7512-44 Dual
Vcoil Sub.

Don't know of anything new. You can get enclosures that are
more efficient at a narrow range of frequencies, and some that kind
of resonate. Plugging the parameters of you drivers into a program
can show you what can be done. There are ported types which
also include bandpass. You can design a bandpass with higher
output over a narrow range of frequencies, but overall system performance
will also depend on speaker placement.

greg
VRSIXER VRSIXER is offline
Junior Member