Posted to rec.audio.tech
dovecs

Default BOSE Wave Radio Schematic

Anyone have a schematic for the BOSE wave radio main PCB? My dad's
quit working recently, I have disassembled it, done all the usual DVM
checks, no blown fuse, all capacitors check OK (non shorted),
transformer is working, Voltage Regulator also is working (20 VDC in,
10 VDC out).

The display is completely blank, also no sound, before it failed he
said it had 'L2' showing on the display. The only thing it does now is
make a 'shrieking' noise from the speakers when you unplug it. This
unit was built in 1998, and is the radio-only (no CD) style.

Thanks in advance....

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson

"dovecs" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone have a schematic for the BOSE wave radio main PCB? My dad's
quit working recently, I have disassembled it, done all the usual DVM
checks, no blown fuse, all capacitors check OK (non shorted),
transformer is working, Voltage Regulator also is working (20 VDC in,
10 VDC out).

The display is completely blank, also no sound, before it failed he
said it had 'L2' showing on the display. The only thing it does now is
make a 'shrieking' noise from the speakers when you unplug it. This
unit was built in 1998, and is the radio-only (no CD) style.

Thanks in advance....

**Talk to Bose. They may sell massively over-priced equipment, but their
supply of manuals is pretty good.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark D. Zacharias

Trevor Wilson wrote:
"dovecs" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone have a schematic for the BOSE wave radio main PCB? My dad's
quit working recently, I have disassembled it, done all the usual DVM
checks, no blown fuse, all capacitors check OK (non shorted),
transformer is working, Voltage Regulator also is working (20 VDC in,
10 VDC out).

The display is completely blank, also no sound, before it failed he
said it had 'L2' showing on the display. The only thing it does now
is make a 'shrieking' noise from the speakers when you unplug it.
This unit was built in 1998, and is the radio-only (no CD) style.

Thanks in advance....

**Talk to Bose. They may sell massively over-priced equipment, but
their supply of manuals is pretty good.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

But they often seem to send the wrong manual for your particular unit, then
send out the right one at no charge when you call and complain.

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
. com...
Trevor Wilson wrote:
"dovecs" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

**Yes, I should have spoken with more precision. I was referring to the
Australian division. They have acted quite competently for me.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au