Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.music.mp3.hardware,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,rec.audio.tech

Default Good PC Speakers -- $100-150 Range ??

Pooh Bear wrote:
James wrote:

I see that Dell has been branding some Altec Lansing pc speakers. What
are their best, (or close to the best) pc speakers that they now market?

LMAO @ Dell branded 'Altec Lansing' !

You're not by any chance under the mistaken impression that 'Altec Lansing' PC
speakers are related to the famous company are you ? They are btw in any event
somewhat better than the average Chinese offering.

So that makes them above-average Chinese offerings?

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.music.mp3.hardware,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,rec.audio.tech
David Nebenzahl

Pooh Bear spake thus:

wrote:

Pooh Bear wrote:

James wrote:

I see that Dell has been branding some Altec Lansing pc speakers. What
are their best, (or close to the best) pc speakers that they now market?

LMAO @ Dell branded 'Altec Lansing' !

You're not by any chance under the mistaken impression that 'Altec Lansing' PC
speakers are related to the famous company are you ? They are btw in any event
somewhat better than the average Chinese offering.

So that makes them above-average Chinese offerings?

They are in fact rather better engineered than the average POS.

The Chinese have bought up several brands over the years. At the high end there's
Quad of course. When I was visiting an Oritron factory I saw that they'd acquired
the RCA brand and rather more intruigingly Koss. They make the Koss Pro4AA.

It certainly says more about us than them (the Chinese) that folks here
seem constantly surprised that they're capable of making high-quality
goods. My God, the Chinese are even making high-quality *violins* these
days. Clever little devils.

--
Any system of knowledge that is capable of listing films in order
of use of the word "****" is incapable of writing a good summary

- Matthew White, referring to Wikipedia on his WikiWatch site
(
http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/wikiwoo.htm)
Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.music.mp3.hardware,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,rec.audio.tech
Mr.T

wrote in message
oups.com...
So that makes them above-average Chinese offerings?

Well it's all relative I guess.
I would consider the Behringer 2031A's to be reasonable Chinese offerings,
and make pretty good computer speakers IMO.

MrT.